Bayless is happy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j bean wrote: View Post
    Nice to hear his attitude is still good and he isn't pointing fingers at anyone considering their losing streak. His comment about going on a 5 or 6 game winning streak is something that's hard to comprehend at the moment but someone has to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Is there anyone on this team that can really make a difference and play consistently well on both sides of the ball for 5-6 games in a row? The opportunity to endear themselves to a lot of fans as well as teammates is there for the taking.

As far as two-way players, I think Bayless is a very strong on-ball defender. I think his help defense is where he is getting into trouble, but he has very quick feet and very quick hands and knows how to move.
    Ed Davis hasn't reeally shown an offensive threat, but he has shown an ability to clean up and get a double-double.
    Jose leads the team in steals, and does fairly well within the defensive scheme.

Thats about it though, actually... haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I wasn't comparing them.
      And technically Ellis only really learned to 'shoot' this year. His main weapon is attacking the basket, which if you watch him, he is probably one of the best in the game. As is Rose. So perhaps you could use that comparison.
      Ellis isn't even a PG. I just like his game and see that Jerryd has the same tenacious attacking ability and both are undersized tweeners. Bayless is young and if put in a position to lead a team (look back to the Detroit game he won by himself) I think he is more than capable when called upon. I agree that he should try to look at guys like Billups, that is a very good 'mentor' for him, I agree. But he still has to play his game. Which is attacking.
      Yes,, by all means Bayless should continue attacking the basket, but I doubt that will ever change. That's him. The problem with Ellis is that he doesn't pass and he doesn't win. More than anything, Bayless needs to learn how to pass and run a team. That should be really his only priority at this point.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm high on Bayless, but I haven't been too impressed with his decision making recently. He's a top flight competitor and potential leader for the team, but he's still a two-guard learning how to be an NBA one. Jose, is great for him since he can learn how to manage the ball and get a double-double in assists, something he needs to work on. The kid is raw, but with huge upside.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Matt Devlin was just saying that as a starter, Bayless is averaging better than 14pts and 7 assists.
          That's solid and doesn't scream of 'me first'.
          Not to mention he's got 4 assists already tonight.

Comment

Bayless:

I think toronto might be my favorite city that I've ever been to. And I swear I'm not just saying that....
            Source: Jerryd Bayless' Twitter Page

Comment

As much as I am not sold on him being a starting caliber PG, I do hope he continues to work hard and learn all he can from
              Barbosa, he could be a valuable combo guard going forward. I see a little Monta Ellis/Jason Terry in him, no at that level, but similar.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think toronto might be my favorite city that I've ever been to. And I swear I'm not just saying that....
                So 3 options. He's either :

# Making a push at the fan fav spot which is quite open this season
                # Trying to help management signing big names by selling the city
                # Just happy here and wants the world to know it

Comment

I would pick option three.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I would pick option three.
                    agreed. its a pretty awesome city

Comment

Working...
                    X