Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnett & Pierce Are Likely to Miss Saturday's Game

There is a Santa Claus after all.

Doc Rivers told reporters during Wednesday's morning shootaround that Kevin Garnett's availability for the Celtics' game against the Suns that evening would be a game-time decision. It wasn't quite game time when Rivers met with the media again a little less than an hour before tip-off, but he had made up his mind: Garnett was sitting due to soreness in his right knee -- and in all likelihood, was going to miss more than one game.

"I just decided that if I was debating it, the basketball gods were probably telling me to go with [my initial thought]," Rivers said. "So, we sat him down. We've got to wait for it to heal, and we'll see how long that takes."

Rivers said that he also expects Garnett to miss Boston's home game against the Raptors Saturday, but he hopes to have his player back for next Wednesday's contest in Miami.

The schedule definitely played a role in Rivers' choice to give Garnett some time to heal.

"I looked at the schedule, and obviously this is a tough game, but when you look at the schedule and then you see the two days, then a game, then three more days -- if you're going to rest someone to get 'em right, there's no better time than right now," Rivers said.

The Celtics are already without Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo is suffering from a strained hamstring, but he's a go against the Suns, at least initially.
    Source - Click here

Sweet. I hate the Celtics. I hope the Raptors roll over them on this hot streak.

Comment

well we don't have turkoglu.....

Comment

"kill the animal while its wounded"

@ Hotshot we won tonight without turkoglu
        ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Glenn Davis as well did not play today (ankle) and Rondo came out in the 4th qtr. with his hammy bothering him. Maybe the basketball gods are trying to makeup for the brutal schedule prior to this week.

Comment

tdoto wrote: View Post
            "kill the animal while its wounded"

@ Hotshot we won tonight without turkoglu
            Yeah how often do Bargnani and Bosh have close to 30 point game each at the same game?

yeah I thought so.

Perkins and Sheed' will make sure that is not going to happen.

Comment

Take your victories as what they are no matter what, though I do feel dishonor that our club does not face the real C**TS that made us call them the C**TICS.

Comment

Throw Rondo into the mix of Celtics that aren't playing tomorrow.

So even without Hedo (incase he sits) we should stand a great chance in winning.

Celtics forward J.R. Giddens, describing the opportunity as a dream come true, reported for work yesterday and spent the rest of his time running with a depleted first unit in practice – as sure an indication as there is that the second-year swingman is going to make his first career NBA start tomorrow night against Toronto.

Though Celts coach Doc Rivers declined to comment on his starters – a group that will not include Rajon Rondo [stats] (ankle), Paul Pierce [stats] (knee) or Kevin Garnett (knee) – Kendrick Perkins [stats] let the cat out of the bag following practice when he said Giddens was expected to receive his first career NBA start.

Giddens, barely able to contain his joy, simply hopes that this development really does take shape as part of a patchwork starting five that is also expected to include Perkins, Rasheed Wallace, Tony Allen and Ray Allen.
                Source - Click here

Comment

No KG, Pierce, Rondo, Big Baby, and Daniels for tomorrow's game!!!!!!

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...osition=recent

As much as i'd like to see Bosh and Co. hand it to the C**TICS with a full Boston lineup, this will be suweet. Time for the Dinos to rip the C**TICS a new one! SHOW NO MERCY!!!! Fuck the Celtics

LET'S GO RAPTORS!

Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Fri Jan 1, 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Despite having three key pieces injury and a few good role players too, we should not think this one is won before it's played. They are a great team, and great teams usualy have sistems bigger than their names, SAS is a great team even without Duncan or Manu or Parker. Now we have more chances to win the games but we still have to play hard from the begging and try to take advantage of their unexperienced PG.

The biggest ausence for them is probably Rondo because they don't have a decent back up PG and if they start Eddie House (who is not a PG) they'll loose the scoring punch from the bench. Rasheed is not Garnett but he's a very good PF, Tony Allen is a decent player at the SF, but Giddens has yet to prove he's a NBA player. Plus I think Rondo is the real X factor for this team

Comment

I still remember when San Antonio kicked our butt without Parker and Duncan because bench players such as George Hill and Matt Bonner all stepped up with 20 points each.

We better watch out and not feel overly confident for that one.

Comment

^ Absolutely. The Celtics are still the Celtics even without key players missing. The Dinos should be able to pull out a win, but by no means should we/the Raps be overconfident for this one. I've got a sneaky suspicion that one or more of those key players will end up playing tonight. Either way I wanna see the Dinos rip apart those fuckers!

LET'S GO RAPTORS!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I still remember when San Antonio kicked our butt without Parker and Duncan because bench players such as George Hill and Matt Bonner all stepped up with 20 points each.

We better watch out and not feel overly confident for that one.
                          .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                          ^ Absolutely. The Celtics are still the Celtics even without key players missing. The Dinos should be able to pull out a win, but by no means should we/the Raps be overconfident for this one. I've got a sneaky suspicion that one or more of those key players will end up playing tonight. Either way I wanna see the Dinos rip apart those fuckers!

LET'S GO RAPTORS!
                          Yup and Rasheed has had some fantastic games defensively against Bosh in years past. If he can keep himself out of foul trouble (and his mouth shut) then as I said earlier this game shouldn't be a "gimme" win for Toronto. I expect a competitive effort from the depleted Celtics tonight.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            Yup and Rasheed has had some fantastic games defensively against Bosh in years past. If he can keep himself out of foul trouble (and his mouth shut) then as I said earlier this game shouldn't be a "gimme" win for Toronto. I expect a competitive effort from the depleted Celtics tonight.
                            And let's not forget a shooter by the name of Ray Allen! I hope he doesn't go off for 30 or 40 tonight!

Comment

Working...
                            X