Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raptor Love

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptor Love

Seems like all we read on this board and in the media is doom and gloom.
    "Losses mounting", "worst situation ever", etc etc etch.

In the words of JT- "what the f**k you gonna do"

We are in the midst of a re-build (not a "re-tooling" as BC might say). To take a page from Tim W, the worse we do, the better draft pick we will get anyways.

So lets keep watching the games and supporting the team. For the most part they are giving it 110% everynight despite the mounting losses and insurmountable injury woes.

Look at NJ last year, they were in the gutter and it read in their physical and emotional demeanor. At least it seems like our boys want to win and are trying their best when faced with many staff/coaching/player issues and injuries.

I for one will keep watching my team, win or lose, and support these Raps! Lets get it!

Post Thanks / Like

This board is about discussing the Raptors. A lot of fans do a lot of analysis. If the on court product is sub par then it's only natural that the commentary found on here is going to be critical. That said, I do think some people go over board, driven by emotion caused by disappointment. Personally, the team is doing better than I had hoped given all the change and the current roster...

I think some people miss the big picture when they throw guys like DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis under the bus and create those "trade him now!!!" threads after each bad game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    This board is about discussing the Raptors. A lot of fans do a lot of analysis. If the on court product is sub par then it's only natural that the commentary found on here is going to be critical. That said, I do think some people go over board, driven by emotion caused by disappointment. Personally, the team is doing better than I had hoped given all the change and the current roster...

I think some people miss the big picture when they throw guys like DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis under the bus and create those "trade him now!!!" threads after each bad game.
    I don't mind discussing trading guys to make out team better. I think every now and then it's good to make a post that people can use to discuss what they like about the team. There are lots of kids on this site, some positivity is good sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Of course positivity is good. I'm just pointing out the nature of the beast.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course positivity is good. I'm just pointing out the nature of the beast.
    I agree with you bro. You must be riding a Green-high after this weekend too i'd imagine!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah. You'll never see a more positive guy on the face of the earth about the Packers this season. Now I need to suffer in anticipation for two weeks...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Pack got lucky and you know it Apollo!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

gonna be a good finals

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Look at NJ last year, they were in the gutter and it read in their physical and emotional demeanor. At least it seems like our boys want to win and are trying their best when faced with many staff/coaching/player issues and injuries.

I for one will keep watching my team, win or lose, and support these Raps! Lets get it!
    Good point on NJ. The guys are trying, they haven't quit on the season, and very few games (there have been 5 or so stinkers). A little more talent with their desire will go a long way. NJ seems to have a culture of losing/indifference and I hope that is avoided at all costs.

I, too, will be cheering the team on win or lose - but I will definitely criticize when I feel the need. That is my right as a fan, afterall. But like Apollo, I also think many haters who lurk who offer little constructive comments. Just my opinion.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I hate to say it again and look sucky, but it's nice to not always have threads about the team sucking or so and so being a bad player and to trade them after every bad game. What do those people actually expect? Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding season so much wasn't to be expected.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Good point on NJ. The guys are trying, they haven't quit on the season, and very few games (there have been 5 or so stinkers). A little more talent with their desire will go a long way. NJ seems to have a culture of losing/indifference and I hope that is avoided at all costs.
    The Nets also have a history of local fan & media indifference. They play in a not so hotspot in Jersey but vie for attention from among New Yorkers. They are currently next to last in attendance (by 8/game to the Kings) and probably suffer from an inferiority complex always being compared to the Knicks...even in years when they are better.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    Yeah. I hate to say it again and look sucky, but it's nice to not always have threads about the team sucking or so and so being a bad player and to trade them after every bad game. What do those people actually expect? Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding season so much wasn't to be expected.
    exactly!

anybody who thought they would be any better than they are right now at the beginning of the season were overly optimistic.. not to dog them though, i appreciate other fans having positive outlooks on our team

but realistically, this is exactly where we all knew they'd be.

personally, i'm liking the team.. demar is ever improving.. after missing a good chunk of the season, davis is showing alot of up-side.. bayless was a solid aquisition.. amir is still exactly who we thought he was.. bargs is exactly who we thought he was.. jose is clapping alot less.. Ju-ju has the best nickname ever, and is a pretty good defensive role player.. alabi is playing as much as somebody dubbed a "project" in his rookie year should be playing.. sonny is a bit of a letdown, but a dirt cheap one.. so its alright

they're developing enough, and exciting enough, to keep me hyped for their games.. yet not good enough to jeapordize their lottery pick without resorting to tanking..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    The Pack got lucky and you know it Apollo!
    All I know is Martz made a stupid call on 4th and 3 but drawing up Bennet to run. The Packers stuffed that garbage, causing a 2 yard loss and won the game. Matt Forte is one of the most overrated RBs in the league and Cutler missing the heart of a champion. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Like you guys said, we just have to avoid that "culture of losing". I think with BC and MLSE and our rabid T dot fans, we won't stand for it for more than a season. We need to see that fight each night, and so far we have. I remember last year with CBwhore they got slammed lots of nights, towels over their heads, sulking. That hasnt happened much this year. I respect the guys for trying to win with the cards we have been dealt.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. The stink this year mostly due to a lack of talent and experience and not because of a lack of effort. Is it just me or does anyone else see how important Reggie Evans was before they lost him to injury?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The Nets also have a history of local fan & media indifference. They play in a not so hotspot in Jersey but vie for attention from among New Yorkers. They are currently next to last in attendance (by 8/game to the Kings) and probably suffer from an inferiority complex always being compared to the Knicks...even in years when they are better.
    I think the problem with the Nets local fan support is their location. All those years they spent in Meadowlands is hardly a way to attract fans. East Rutherford is a crap little place, that's out of the way, and the only real notable thing about it is it's on the way to the outlet shopping in secaucus..

the move to newark doesnt help a bit either.. most new yorkers look down on jersey on a whole, and most people in jersey consider newark to pretty much be new york.. with just cause... how many people have flown into newark and said "ya, i'm going to jersey"? newark is new york's adopted kid that they make sleep out in the dog house.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point. The stink this year mostly due to a lack of talent and experience and not because of a lack of effort. Is it just me or does anyone else see how important Reggie Evans was before they lost him to injury?
    It's weird, when he went down, i thought "that sucks, but now Amir and Ed will have more playing time and can make up for less rebs with offense". I know realize, that isn't the case. In the world of "what ifs", that whole what if Reggie didnt get hurt question is an important one. Then again, so is "what if we had got Chandler".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I think the problem with the Nets local fan support is their location. All those years they spent in Meadowlands is hardly a way to attract fans. East Rutherford is a crap little place, that's out of the way, and the only real notable thing about it is it's on the way to the outlet shopping in secaucus..

the move to newark doesnt help a bit either.. most new yorkers look down on jersey on a whole, and most people in jersey consider newark to pretty much be new york.. with just cause... how many people have flown into newark and said "ya, i'm going to jersey"? newark is new york's adopted kid that they make sleep out in the dog house.
    They should just make Snooki their mascot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    They should just make Snooki their mascot
    Snooki actually isn't even close to being from jersey... she's from poughkeepsie, ny... way north from NYC, halfway to friggin albany

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    exactly!

anybody who thought they would be any better than they are right now at the beginning of the season were overly optimistic.. not to dog them though, i appreciate other fans having positive outlooks on our team

but realistically, this is exactly where we all knew they'd be.

personally, i'm liking the team.. demar is ever improving.. after missing a good chunk of the season, davis is showing alot of up-side.. bayless was a solid aquisition.. amir is still exactly who we thought he was.. bargs is exactly who we thought he was.. jose is clapping alot less.. Ju-ju has the best nickname ever, and is a pretty good defensive role player.. alabi is playing as much as somebody dubbed a "project" in his rookie year should be playing.. sonny is a bit of a letdown, but a dirt cheap one.. so its alright

they're developing enough, and exciting enough, to keep me hyped for their games.. yet not good enough to jeapordize their lottery pick without resorting to tanking..

It's nice to see someone agrees. I think many of us thought the Raptors could sneak into the playoffs at the 8th seed but this whole losing streak definitely doesn't help. We got the Sixers and a few against the Wolves coming up. The Wolves have the worse record , but they have the brighter future in Kevin Love. Nonetheless these are games we can and need to win. Look at it this way, Charlotte currently holds the 8th spot in the East at 17-25. The 8th spot in the West belongs to Portland who is 25-20. It goes to show that in the West, you can't fuck around or you don't make the playoffs. Memphis is 9th in the West at 21-23. If they played in the east, they would likely be good for the 6th spot. I watch because I'm a loyal fan first off and secondly to see the development of the younger players. Ed I'm sure has surprised us all, and Demar is putting together a pretty noteworthy sophomore season averaging 15.3 PPG. He still has a lot to learn away from the offensive side of the ball, but at least he can score.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information