Raptor Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Love

Seems like all we read on this board and in the media is doom and gloom.
    "Losses mounting", "worst situation ever", etc etc etch.

In the words of JT- "what the f**k you gonna do"

We are in the midst of a re-build (not a "re-tooling" as BC might say). To take a page from Tim W, the worse we do, the better draft pick we will get anyways.

So lets keep watching the games and supporting the team. For the most part they are giving it 110% everynight despite the mounting losses and insurmountable injury woes.

Look at NJ last year, they were in the gutter and it read in their physical and emotional demeanor. At least it seems like our boys want to win and are trying their best when faced with many staff/coaching/player issues and injuries.

I for one will keep watching my team, win or lose, and support these Raps! Lets get it!

This board is about discussing the Raptors. A lot of fans do a lot of analysis. If the on court product is sub par then it's only natural that the commentary found on here is going to be critical. That said, I do think some people go over board, driven by emotion caused by disappointment. Personally, the team is doing better than I had hoped given all the change and the current roster...

I think some people miss the big picture when they throw guys like DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis under the bus and create those "trade him now!!!" threads after each bad game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      This board is about discussing the Raptors. A lot of fans do a lot of analysis. If the on court product is sub par then it's only natural that the commentary found on here is going to be critical. That said, I do think some people go over board, driven by emotion caused by disappointment. Personally, the team is doing better than I had hoped given all the change and the current roster...

I think some people miss the big picture when they throw guys like DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis under the bus and create those "trade him now!!!" threads after each bad game.
      I don't mind discussing trading guys to make out team better. I think every now and then it's good to make a post that people can use to discuss what they like about the team. There are lots of kids on this site, some positivity is good sometimes

Comment

Of course positivity is good. I'm just pointing out the nature of the beast.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Of course positivity is good. I'm just pointing out the nature of the beast.
          I agree with you bro. You must be riding a Green-high after this weekend too i'd imagine!

Comment

Oh yeah. You'll never see a more positive guy on the face of the earth about the Packers this season. Now I need to suffer in anticipation for two weeks...

Comment

The Pack got lucky and you know it Apollo!

Comment

gonna be a good finals

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  Look at NJ last year, they were in the gutter and it read in their physical and emotional demeanor. At least it seems like our boys want to win and are trying their best when faced with many staff/coaching/player issues and injuries.

I for one will keep watching my team, win or lose, and support these Raps! Lets get it!
                  Good point on NJ. The guys are trying, they haven't quit on the season, and very few games (there have been 5 or so stinkers). A little more talent with their desire will go a long way. NJ seems to have a culture of losing/indifference and I hope that is avoided at all costs.

I, too, will be cheering the team on win or lose - but I will definitely criticize when I feel the need. That is my right as a fan, afterall. But like Apollo, I also think many haters who lurk who offer little constructive comments. Just my opinion.

Comment

Yeah. I hate to say it again and look sucky, but it's nice to not always have threads about the team sucking or so and so being a bad player and to trade them after every bad game. What do those people actually expect? Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding season so much wasn't to be expected.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Good point on NJ. The guys are trying, they haven't quit on the season, and very few games (there have been 5 or so stinkers). A little more talent with their desire will go a long way. NJ seems to have a culture of losing/indifference and I hope that is avoided at all costs.
                      The Nets also have a history of local fan & media indifference. They play in a not so hotspot in Jersey but vie for attention from among New Yorkers. They are currently next to last in attendance (by 8/game to the Kings) and probably suffer from an inferiority complex always being compared to the Knicks...even in years when they are better.

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah. I hate to say it again and look sucky, but it's nice to not always have threads about the team sucking or so and so being a bad player and to trade them after every bad game. What do those people actually expect? Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding season so much wasn't to be expected.
                        exactly!

anybody who thought they would be any better than they are right now at the beginning of the season were overly optimistic.. not to dog them though, i appreciate other fans having positive outlooks on our team

but realistically, this is exactly where we all knew they'd be.

personally, i'm liking the team.. demar is ever improving.. after missing a good chunk of the season, davis is showing alot of up-side.. bayless was a solid aquisition.. amir is still exactly who we thought he was.. bargs is exactly who we thought he was.. jose is clapping alot less.. Ju-ju has the best nickname ever, and is a pretty good defensive role player.. alabi is playing as much as somebody dubbed a "project" in his rookie year should be playing.. sonny is a bit of a letdown, but a dirt cheap one.. so its alright

they're developing enough, and exciting enough, to keep me hyped for their games.. yet not good enough to jeapordize their lottery pick without resorting to tanking..

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          The Pack got lucky and you know it Apollo!
                          All I know is Martz made a stupid call on 4th and 3 but drawing up Bennet to run. The Packers stuffed that garbage, causing a 2 yard loss and won the game. Matt Forte is one of the most overrated RBs in the league and Cutler missing the heart of a champion. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Comment

Like you guys said, we just have to avoid that "culture of losing". I think with BC and MLSE and our rabid T dot fans, we won't stand for it for more than a season. We need to see that fight each night, and so far we have. I remember last year with CBwhore they got slammed lots of nights, towels over their heads, sulking. That hasnt happened much this year. I respect the guys for trying to win with the cards we have been dealt.

Comment

Good point. The stink this year mostly due to a lack of talent and experience and not because of a lack of effort. Is it just me or does anyone else see how important Reggie Evans was before they lost him to injury?

Comment

Working...
                              X