No announcement yet.

Raptors Call Up Trey Johnson, the D-League's Leading Scorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is fanhouse even a reliable source?? I have yet to see this contract posted on raptors.com and i just read that gaines was signed to a second 10 day contract so something doesnt add up...
    Here is a list of our standing roster http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/
    Since you can add Ajinca to that 14 man roster = 15 players i dont even see how we could sign trey johnson... :S

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2011...0-day-contract

Comment

perhaps because Calderon is out or Ajinca becoming official it was necessary to change plans

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
        perhaps because Calderon is out or Ajinca becoming official it was necessary to change plans
        Yah that must be why, i didnt know calderon was out. it wouldnt make much sense to drop gaines since we only have one point gaurd tonight. im guessing we will see t johnson in 10 days unless gaines really impresses or there is further injury.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Reggie Williams (GSW) is the most recent I am aware of.
          ....and his predecessor, Kelenna Azubuike,

Comment

I wish we got Mustafa Shakur.

Edit: Wiz signed him 3 days ago.

Mustafa Shakur 6 PT 3-5 FG 0-0 FT 0-1 3P 5/2 RB 4 AS 0 BL 1 ST 2 TO 1 PF 14 MN (Final, Knicks)
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              FWIR, Gaines isn't around. His 10-day probably will not be renewed.
              he just got resigned 2nd 10 day
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                he just got resigned 2nd 10 day
                I saw him on the court last night, so I figured as much. Thanks.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  Has there ever been a D-League call up that managed to gain permanent NBA player status, let alone become a regular NBA starter?
                  Yeah, there have been quite a few. GSW would know.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Rafer Alston. He got called up to Toronto and the following year to the Heat. He ended up signing the big deal with the Raps after that.

Other players who landed in the NBA and either got nice deals or at least played in the rotation of a team:

- Matt Carroll (D-League MVP)
                    - Will Bynum (D-League ROY)
                    - Mikki Moore (D-League DPOY)
                    - JaMario Moon
                    - Dahntay Jones
                    - Chris Andersen
                    - Kelenna Azubuike
                    - Matt Barnes
                    - Chuck Hayes
                    - Ime Udoka
                    - C. J. Watson
                    I've always really liked Azubuike. Athletic, good rebounder, good defender AND good shooter. Too bad he got injured just as he was making a name for himself.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                      actually, terrence williams is the the leading scorer
                      terrence williams played for like 3 games, this kid has been there for the entire season, and has played 100+ games
                      http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

I'm happy for the guy, he deserves a serious look in the league. However, I don't like it for the Raptors. Why are the calling up a SG when there weakest position is SF? Trey is going to have to compete for time behind DD, Weems, maybe Barbosa, even Bayless. What if he becomes invaluable? What if we keep him? Will he be able to get play time once people get healthy? Or will Johnson ride pine?

Comment

Maybe it's because Barbosa has been banged up all year, they are now cold on Sonny Weems and they feel Trey Johnson could be a diamond in the rough. If the guy plays well enough to stick on the roster no one will be questioning this move.

Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 26, 2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Maybe it's because Barbosa has been banged up all year, they are now cold on Sonny Weems and they feel Trey Johnson could be a diamond in the rough. If the guy plays well enough to stick on the roster no one will be questioning this move.

Agreed. What is the worst thing that could happen? His 10 day is not renewed?

Comment

also releasing s. gaines
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Agreed. What is the worst thing that could happen? His 10 day is not renewed?
                                Hahah, yeah, that hurts.

Comment

Working...
                                X