Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors Call Up Trey Johnson, the D-League's Leading Scorer

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for the guy, he deserves a serious look in the league. However, I don't like it for the Raptors. Why are the calling up a SG when there weakest position is SF? Trey is going to have to compete for time behind DD, Weems, maybe Barbosa, even Bayless. What if he becomes invaluable? What if we keep him? Will he be able to get play time once people get healthy? Or will Johnson ride pine?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's because Barbosa has been banged up all year, they are now cold on Sonny Weems and they feel Trey Johnson could be a diamond in the rough. If the guy plays well enough to stick on the roster no one will be questioning this move.

Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 26th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maybe it's because Barbosa has been banged up all year, they are now cold on Sonny Weems and they feel Trey Johnson could be a diamond in the rough. If the guy plays well enough to stick on the roster no one will be questioning this move.

Agreed. What is the worst thing that could happen? His 10 day is not renewed?

Post Thanks / Like

also releasing s. gaines
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. What is the worst thing that could happen? His 10 day is not renewed?
    Hahah, yeah, that hurts.

Post Thanks / Like

love the move. in fact, i feel like they should sign him for the rest of the season just for a little continuity. worst case scenario he goes back to the dleague. he could end up being a great, cheap piece of the puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and if he's decent then suddenly Sonny Weems becomes a nice cheap trade piece to pad a trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

or it motivates Sonny and he gets back on track, competition for those minutes cannot hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Best basketball name ever.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

sign this dude to a full contract a year or 2. He could play good in the SG position, and plus he's fun to watch. He strong, Quick explosive and has a sweet shot. And he hit a three during the game against Philly that is enough to impress me, i say sign him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I'm happy for the guy, he deserves a serious look in the league. However, I don't like it for the Raptors. Why are the calling up a SG when there weakest position is SF? Trey is going to have to compete for time behind DD, Weems, maybe Barbosa, even Bayless. What if he becomes invaluable? What if we keep him? Will he be able to get play time once people get healthy? Or will Johnson ride pine?

I say move Derozen to SF and the problem is solved, and then when weems is healthy we could start him and i don't think barbosa will be back for a while so Trey can play back up for Weems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information