Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Acquire Ajinca

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2011...rations-dallas

Well that is good. A 7'2" 22 year old player who is getting 38 games to see if he can contribute going forward - and his salary is paid for by Mr. Cuban.

Comment

Sweet, ive been using this guy on NBA 2k11 and switched him for solomon alabi. I play alot better when hes on the court (had to up his ratings cause it was only 43 lol) but he blocks, rebounds and dunks.... how sweet it is!

Cant go wrong here were literally getting a free rookie and hopefully he can make an impact and maybe be resigned.
      Been watching some bids on him though, he definetly needs to bulk alot, he is ackwardly skinny and looks brital.
      Since the rookie is being paid fully by cuban the peja trade was like a B- IMO. I dont really think they could have gotten much more for peja without it effecting the raps cap space and flexibility in the uncertain future in the NBA with the new CBA.
      Last edited by pesterm1; Mon Jan 24, 2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I swear he has the lowest rating of all the players in 2K11.

Well, he's gotten 6.1 minutes a game and has player in a whopping 47 of them in his career. Maybe he'll develop here. I mean, it would be really nice, wouldn't it. But I'm pretty sure he's a scrub.

I wish that he could play today though. Seeing him and Thabust battle would be funny.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
          I wish that he could play today though. Seeing him and Thabust battle would be funny.
          LOL

It is a very cheap, low risk, high reward situation. He played for Larry Brown who hates rookies in Charlotte. He played behind Chandler/Haywood/Mahimni in Dallas. D-League means nothing but he did play fairly good down there. No matter what anyone says, he is still 22, athletic as hell, and 7'2" and with Cuban paying his salary while playing for 13-31 Toronto - why the hell not?!?!

Comment

Let's see if he even finds the court much.
            pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            Sweet, ive been using this guy on NBA 2k11 and switched him for solomon alabi. I play alot better when hes on the court (had to up his ratings cause it was only 43 lol) but he blocks, rebounds and dunks.... how sweet it is!

Cant go wrong here were literally getting a free rookie and hopefully he can make an impact and maybe be resigned.
            Been watching some bids on him though, he definetly needs to bulk alot, he is ackwardly skinny and looks brital.
            Since the rookie is being paid fully by cuban the peja trade was like a B- IMO. I dont really think they could have gotten much more for peja without it effecting the raps cap space and flexibility in the uncertain future in the NBA with the new CBA.
            Isn't he rated in the 40's?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Isn't he rated in the 40's?
              He is on mine. I went to sign him... than laughed out loud and left.

Comment

Yah i said he was 43 (im prett sure anyways). I increased his ratings in a few departments until he was atleast 60 overall. Here is an entry i found on www.gamespot.com about his 2k11 rating. (keep in mind 2k11 is brutal eith there ratings and really cut alot of players short):
                I dumped the 4 gimped players Novak, Cardinal, Mahinmi and Ajinca

Gotten Balkman, Shelden Williams and Ryan Anderson in for them.

The only thing i lost addition to that is both of my 2nd round picks '11 '12

But now my whole team has a lot of depth.

I just hate what 2K has done to those four players. Especially Cardinal and Ajinca.

In real life Ajinca is slowly kicking Haywood out of the rotation and Cardinal does a good job covering for Dirk.

They both deserve a much higher rating. Even Novak should at least be mid 50's instead of 45.

Is there even anything lower in the game than Novak's 45 and F potential?
                Last edited by pesterm1; Mon Jan 24, 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Ajinca interview. He says he has a jumpshot

Comment

Going be tough to hit jumpers from the end of the bench.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                      I swear he has the lowest rating of all the players in 2K11.

Well, he's gotten 6.1 minutes a game and has player in a whopping 47 of them in his career. Maybe he'll develop here. I mean, it would be really nice, wouldn't it. But I'm pretty sure he's a scrub.

i don't know jerome james is either 41 or 43.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The reporters must have got neck cricks looking up at the guy. Wonder if he is the tallest Raptor ever?

Comment

one of those "low risk hope theres a reward" type guys
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            The reporters must have got neck cricks looking up at the guy. Wonder if he is the tallest Raptor ever?
                            I think Loren Woods was the same height.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I think Loren Woods was the same height.
                              I'm sure he's much better than Patrick O'Bryant. But being better than nothing is not the expectation, I just hope this guy is willing to dive into the crowd and the floor for loose balls.

Comment

Working...
                              X