I wish we had Rasho Nesterovic ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish we had Rasho Nesterovic ...

If there was ever a consumate professional, and a tremendously underglorified professional at that, it would have to be Rasho Nesterovic.
    Remember when we had a our Big year way back when (4 years ago? Seems sooo long ago..) he was Starting, Not-Starting, backing up Bargs, backing up Bosh; and he was SOLID through and through, every night. Would take a couple 17 footers in the course of a game that I wasn't to happy about; but he earned those shots.
    I remember a run he had of so many double doubles and blocks etc. We could REALLY use his presense right now.. well him from 4 years ago anyway.
    There's no one that even comes to mind when trying to think of an 'equal' Player playing today that we could look to acquire.

Rasho no doubt used to be good role player but I don't think he has much, if anything left in the tank.

Comment

Hence why I say 'Rasho from 4 years ago' haha
      I'm more just saying that players LIKE him don't even really exist anymore. He was the last of a dying breed. The NO-EGO big man, who can do it all.

Comment

Rasho, was awesome, he never did anything stupid.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Hence why I say 'Rasho from 4 years ago' haha
          I'm more just saying that players LIKE him don't even really exist anymore. He was the last of a dying breed. The NO-EGO big man, who can do it all.
          That's like saying "I wish we had the AD from 1999". "Or the Charles Oakley from 1998". It's kinda pointless. But if you're just referring to the fact that this team needs a good veteran presence, then I would agree with you - it would be nice to have, it would be nice for the players to have someone to relate to, someone they can go to when they feel as though the can't confide in the coaching staff. However, they do have Boogie Williams, he's still young enough.
          Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Precisely. I'm using "Rasho from 4 years ago" as a comparison of what this team needs.
            A steady, calming presense that can come in and do what the coach asks; and not just come in and try get his.

I do agree that Alvin certainly would offer that Off-Court veteran presense; but on the court as well, Rasho was VERY valuable to our 47 wins. He was starting MOST/ALL of our games that season if I remember correctly, but not playing huge minutes; and he never complained. Still put up solid numbers.
            Not to mention he loves Toronto. Pretty sure he still lives in the city with his family. (Though he is playing in Greece, so maybe not.)

Comment

I'm not 100% correct on this, but wasn't he complaining at the end of last season?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I'm not 100% correct on this, but wasn't he complaining at the end of last season?
                I believe that was 07/08 when he wasn't starting anymore, but was actually putting up better numbers.
                So slightly warranted, I would say. Shitty team. He's putting up good numbers. "Let me help!" was what I got out of it.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I believe that was 07/08 when he wasn't starting anymore, but was actually putting up better numbers.
                  So slightly warranted, I would say. Shitty team. He's putting up good numbers. "Let me help!" was what I got out of it.
                  I think that was last season. I'll try to dig up a link.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Yes. From what I understand he was also one of the Hedo supporters and was not a help in overcoming the US vs International divide that existed.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                      Rasho, was awesome, he never did anything stupid.
                      then, why was he not re-signed?

answer:T-u-r-k-o-g-l-u

on the court never anything stupid.

if reggie could just cram the ball in the net 4 or 5 times a game, he's better then rasho.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I got love for Rasho but dude was pretty soft. It was like having two 7foot ball-erinas on the court when Rasho played with Bargnani.

Comment

Working...
                        X