3 Streak comes to an end at 986 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarcasm

After yet another practice with more guys injured and sitting out than guys participating, Jay Triano was asked about the Raptors’ NBA record consecutive games with a three-point field goal made coming to an end at 986 games. His response was classic.
    “Yeah, you know what? With about a minute to go in a close game I thought, ‘You know what, we should probably figure out how to hit a three rather than try to win this game.’”
    Source: The Score

Comment

We – still – mourn the streak.

Not really, but Jay did talk about it, quite facetiously, after practice Tuesday.

Couple of good one-liners and the expected “It doesn’t mean anything, it wasn’t something we were going to change game plans for” stuff.

Like this:
      “It’s one less thing we can put in our media notes. That’s about the extent of that streak being broken.”

Before that, he’d been asked when he first heard the tragic news:
      “I found out as we were walking off the floor. Somebody yelled at me that I should be fired because we didn’t make a three.”
      Cold crowd.
      Source: Doug Smith's Blog

Comment

Comment

who gives a shit. seriously. its almost embarassing how much you guys care about this.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
          X