3 Streak comes to an end at 986 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Streak comes to an end at 986 games

One streak continues while another ends... (MEM)

No 3 pointer - first time in 986 games.

8 losses and counting.

This was a tough loss. A good team effort but when the team is only playing with 8 bodies (I'm not counting Alabi) and Weems is back from injury and Gaines is back for a 2nd 10-day contract - oh dear...

When Bayless isn't trying to do it all himself, he is good. He played a great game missing a triple double by 2 rebs. Again, forcing the issue is a concern but the talking smack in the first half to the Grizz was disheartening. Personal battles shouldn't come before the team and it looked like he was more concerned about himself early. Chalk it up to immaturity and something to prove - but whatever it was I hope he saves it for pick up ball next time.

Barngani needs to follow through on his shots. Start of the third quarter he was pulling his arm back after release. He missed the majority of his shots then.

DD played a great offensive game.

Wright was the garbage man tonight. He did the dirty work. Still 3rd string in my eyes.

Davis had 5 blks but only 2 rebs. I hope he picked up on a few things from Gasol and Randolph tonight.

Amir had 5 fouls. As usual he played very effectively. Too bad he wasn't on the floor more.

Weems should break out the WD-40.

Gaines is lucky he has 9 more days to this contract.

It would have been nice to get the win. For those looking tothe draft, NJ won. Tied for 4th overall with WSH and NJ.

Comment

So that marks the end of "The Streak"...no 3's in the game tonight against the Grizz

Missed the game but was just reviewing the box score, and unless I already missed it in a recent game, I believe our streak ended tonight. One of the few positives to this season for me was seeing if the guys could extend their streak night after night. After tonight's performance, it's all over. Not a bad run, but kinda sad to see it come to an end. Certainly shows how this team has shifted away from its 'live by the three and die by three' mentality over the past few years.

Comment

i just finished trying to post a thread regarding the 3 point streak, only to see you beat me to it! too bad the wrong streak was stopped tonight

Comment

I beat you both.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...d-at-986-games

lol but mine didn't have an epically long post.

Comment

All I can say is thank God.

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
              All I can say is thank God.
              Why you hating on the streak?

Comment

Com10 Kid All day
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Kush is my cologne
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

maybe the streak was the bad luck so now that its over, maybe we'll get some good luck

Comment

I was 6 when the streak began. That's scary.

It's kind of a shame we couldn't make 1000 though.

Comment

For the mean time i'd like to see someone break that record. im not sure which team it is but i think someone is at 600+ games.
                        This streak doesn't really matter. We can't blame our guys we were playing with a short lineup and still fared pretty well. All that matters is that we continue tanking and losing. I really want to see Irving in a Raptors Uniform. Who knows maybe if theyre is a lockout it might be better for the team to look into potential draftee's

Comment

I believe Dallas is at 900+ games with a 3 point streak. They will most likely beat the record with so many three point shooters on the team...

Comment

There are 3 threads on the 3's...There are 3 threads on the 3's...There are 3 threads on the 3's...
                            Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

There are 3 threads on the 3's...There are 3 threads on the 3's...There are 3 threads on the 3's...
                              Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X