Examine the facts:
- 7-8th playoff spot = miss lottery + get demoralized (whats the point for 4 more games?)
- Want to develop young players
- Inflate Bargs stats so you can maybe trade him
- get younger
- raps sit 6th in lottery currently
- heading in to Lockout Raps will have a ton of young pieces and flexibility
Expect more mystery ailments in the final leg of the season (like the swelling in Peja's knee and Sonnys Back Spasm). Only this time it will be Amir and/Or Bargs out and they will give a long hard look at Alabi/Davis/Alexis Ajinca.
If Gains Alabi or Ajinca show any promise then they will be retained or used in further retooling.
Sonny weems has likely already got his deal done in Principal with Raptors he is just chilling out and giving more touches to DeDe whilst ensuring that the defensively challenged Klieza can ensure more Raptor losses and subsequently better draft position.
If I wanted to tank and develop my youth heading into Labor uncertainty ... I would be doing it the exact same way.