Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Feelings About The Playoffs And Tanking

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen, Raptor fans need to understand that there are only 2 ways of adding talent to a team. Free agency or Draft. Trading requires giving up something to get something and it's possible you can acquire a good player but it's hard to do (especially when Isiah is out of the league). Now looking at the Raptors from a distance you can tell they still need to add talent and it will never come from free agency (actually possible but not likely) so you can only depend on the draft to add talent. It's not a surefire way to do things, but it's the best way without giving up an asset or large cap room. Now the draft isn't a science either as star players can come from everywhere but it has already been proven that a majority of star players (players with the greatest EWA) get drafted in top 5 and a small percentage get drafted out of the lottery. No one can argue that the Raptors need to add talent and it's obvious it will not come through free agency so depend on management to do a good job scouting and drafting players and perhaps we can have a solid team in the near future. Had this happened season happened last year for example we could have had John Wall or Demarcus Cousins to build around. I'm not saying they should have tanked last year but it's an example of what could happen in the future if you wish to go for that final 8 seed waiting to get swept by Boston or Miami. Kyrie Irving/Perry Jones or Nolan Smith?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The rest of your post which is constant Bargnani hating wihtout any logic and defend of BC's moves is not worth even replying.

I stand by what I said: This team did not make any significant improvement in its weaknesses and also in its player developement. If they did, they would not have worst record and would be in better place now.

End of Story.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 28th, 2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

No one can compare to the Spurs. After getting Duncan, nearly each pick they had has brought them good and efficient players.

James Anderson, DeJuan Blair, Nando De Colo (hasn't played in the NBA but is a rising star in Europe), George Hill, Goran Dragic, Tiago Splitter, Beno Udrih, Leandro Barbosa, John Salmons, Luis Scola, Tony Parker, Many Ginobili. Out of all these picks, the highest was Anderson, who was picked 20th. All these players have become at least decent (De Colo is a star in Europe, so lets assume he'll be decent in the NBA, he was drafted in 09) and were all picked very late in the draft. I don't know how they do it, but they are the kings of the draft.

p.s I know some of the players were immediately traded, but it still shows how their draft picks have become pretty good.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Did you say shutdown Peja?
    well yeah he was able to play the whole time but they shut him down with no intent to let him play no matter how depleted they were
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    well yeah he was able to play the whole time but they shut him down with no intent to let him play no matter how depleted they were
    yeah i believe that too actually. they were just keepin him on the shelf until the trade. i have a sneaking suspicion they may be doing that a bit with weems too.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i believe that too actually. they were just keepin him on the shelf until the trade. i have a sneaking suspicion they may be doing that a bit with weems too.
    So what's your take on Peja having not played a single game since the Mavs picked him up? He signed on Monday...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    LOOOL ,Peja had a $14 million dollar contract. How much do you think his buyout was ?? half million with a box of Candy !!!
    Usually a lump sum buyout is less expensive than a tenure of a contract, so the Raptors could have just kept Peja for the duration of the season, and paid out 14-15 million, but instead they paid less than that and saved money. Money was going to be paid to Peja in any case. The Raptors saved money, so I fail to see how it's Peja + 10 million, because it's not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So what's your take on Peja having not played a single game since the Mavs picked him up? He signed on Monday...
    As per Peja's interview in Dallas, he said his knee is fine but he is not in game shape because he did not play for so long.

Post Thanks / Like

As per Peja's interview in Dallas, he said his knee is fine but he is not in game shape because he did not play for so long.
    Stojakovic, 33, is with his third team this season and is preparing to play in just his ninth game of the year because of a lingering knee issue.
    "We're going to go day to day with him," Carlisle said. "He's making gradual progress. He's doing a little more each day. Is he going to play tomorrow? It's very doubtful."

Carlisle said the team is encouraged with the left knee that's caused him irritation and has kept him out of action since Nov. 26.

"We want to make sure there's no flare-up with the knee issue.
    LINK

I would think that if his knee was fine, he would have played already, but they're being cautious with him. So yeah, he did have a lingering knee problem. He also only worked in half court sets in practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Really? Come on...

I just cleaned up the last two pages. Seems like I've been giving out a lot of written warnings about personal attacks and abusive comments lately. The warnings aren't working so I'm going to say one more thing, please show some respect to each other or I'll be forced to take it up a notch... Thank you.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

/nuff said.

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I just cleaned up the last two pages. Seems like I've been giving out a lot of written warnings about personal attacks and abusive comments lately. The warnings aren't working so I'm going to say one more thing, please show some respect to each other or I'll be forced to take it up a notch... Thank you.
    Shouldn't you be busy with Superbowl mental preparedness for the rest of the days leading up to the the big game? Haha shame on other RR members for making you do work on this site during such an emotional and exciting time for you - but seriously though thanks for cleaning it up; it's nice to see Raptor discussions and not Jerry Springer monologues on these forums - remember guys, RR is a forum for fans of the Raptors - we should be as united as a fan base can be, regardless of our disagreements - when the raps win, we cheer, when they lose, we get pissed off and throw the remote at the tv/beer at the refs - i'm all for debate between fans, but save the verbal attacks for c*****s fans lol

go packers!
    Last edited by huskies2raps; Sat Jan 29th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Thread Information