Hedo Talks Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    He could have just said "i'm one dimensional, and nobody could figure out what that one dimension is"
    m5racer wrote: View Post
    the guy was lazy, out of shape, and not willing to adjust.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Honestly, although Hedo failed miserably during his time here. He is not one dimensional, he is a very versatile player and can do so much.
      i'm not the one saying it... hedo is.

Comment

Have to agree with you again Heinz.You're on a roll in here.

I went out there and tried to do my best in those situations. But it wasn't me. It wasn't who I can be.

Comment

Hedo couldn't play the facilitator role because he was 20 pounds overweight and never got into game shape (he's now back in shape with the Magic)...he can't lay that at the Triano's feet. No coach would have given him the ball until he could run the offense for more than 2 minutes without getting fatigued. The fact he's refusing to take responsibility for that will make him a chump in my eyes for life.

Comment

The finals trip definitely went to his head. He has a skewed sense of entitlement. Someone needs to tell him he's not Kobe Bryant. Wait, they did and he faked sick and went out partying.

Comment

This team has a bad trend of giving the franchise label to almost anyone. Our next one better be an actual franchise player. Hopefully DeMar. Maybe if we get lucky enough we can draft Irving or Perry Jones. The guy is a 6'11" SF, similar to Kevin Durant. Now im not sure about everyone else but i love how we keep tanking! This gives us a better chance at getting the 1st overall selection. Keep your fingers crossed people.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                This team has a bad trend of giving the franchise label to almost anyone. Our next one better be an actual franchise player. Hopefully DeMar. Maybe if we get lucky enough we can draft Irving or Perry Jones. The guy is a 6'11" SF, similar to Kevin Durant. Now im not sure about everyone else but i love how we keep tanking! This gives us a better chance at getting the 1st overall selection. Keep your fingers crossed people.
                This above post seems kinda outta sorts in this particular thread.

As for Hedo, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's essentially a 6'10" PG in a SF's body. He would have been REALLY successful in Portland playing point forward. In Toronto, he's not as effective because we had 2 PGs in Jack and Calderon who had the ball in their hands all the time. Nash dominated the ball in Phoenix. He's doing much better in Orlando because he has the ball in the hands.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  This above post seems kinda outta sorts in this particular thread.

As for Hedo, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's essentially a 6'10" PG in a SF's body. He would have been REALLY successful in Portland playing point forward. In Toronto, he's not as effective because we had 2 PGs in Jack and Calderon who had the ball in their hands all the time. Nash dominated the ball in Phoenix. He's doing much better in Orlando because he has the ball in the hands.
                  I'm not quite sure he'd pan out well in Portland. *shrugs* From what I read a while ago (can't find the article), Brandon Roy wasn't too please with Andre Miller having the ball in his hands 90% of the time.
                  #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    The finals trip definitely went to his head. He has a skewed sense of entitlement. Someone needs to tell him he's not Kobe Bryant. Wait, they did and he faked sick and went out partying.
                    Actually, wasn't he dubbed "The Turkish Michael Jordan"?
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                      I'm not quite sure he'd pan out well in Portland. *shrugs* From what I read a while ago (can't find the article), Brandon Roy wasn't too please with Andre Miller having the ball in his hands 90% of the time.
                      Good point. I actually forgot about that.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        If only Colangelo had realized early on (like pretty much everyone else), that Chris Bosh cannot be used as a centerpiece for rebuilding, we wouldn't have wasted our time with JO or Hedo. Bosh was literally stuffed down our throats as a "franchise player" when everybody deep down knew he wasn't.
                        Agree 100%

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Hedo is right that the Raptors misused him. My question is whether what his role was going to be on the team was communicated to him up-front, because how he's going to be used shouldn't come as a surprise to the player. Shouldn't that be communicated in the earliest stages of negotiation? I'm thinking the Raptors made an offer without even thinking about whether it was going to be a good fit from Hedo's end, they envisioned him a certain way and never communicated that to him. Either that, or the MASSIVE contract he was offered blinded his senses and he accepted without thought.
                        I think the onus is on the management. Shoot, I'd sign a contract to play Centre for the Raps for 10 million. You know what, I'd even take half that Does that mean they should sign me?

And where is everyone coming with this Hedo was "out of shape"? Dont get carried away now....
                        He reportedly sat out the early training camp because he played up to mid June in the Finals and then heavy minutes for Turkey all summer. It sounded reasonable that both parties would want him to rest his legs. Whether or not that was the correct decision is another argument.

Out of shape is when someone does not do anything over the whole summer and comes to camp overweight etc.

Comment

Turk will only work in a system with a dominant low post player like Dwight. Nobody on the Raptors was that person, nor on the Suns, or even Portland. I could see him work on the Knicks and Magic, that's about it.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Turk will only work in a system with a dominant low post player like Dwight.
                            I feel it's by choice. If Hedo can't "get his" then he's going to phone it in.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I feel it's by choice. If Hedo can't "get his" then he's going to phone it in.
                              I agree with you there. I think he can only play inside-out with a dominant big though. Hedo is a good catch and shoot guy, but is fat and can't cut or run for shi*. He was expected to do lots of that in PHX and here, and he just decided not to even try. Good players would try to expand their game to suit the needs of the team. He-dont is not that guy.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Hedo is a good catch and shoot guy, but is fat and can't cut or run for shi*
                                In this article he complained that Toronto only wanted him to catch and shoot. I agree he showed up out of shape and never got in shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X