Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    No he is not - he is terrible boring and a total nerd. They just have him out there to make Rod Black look human. Rob black in HD make Keith Richards look like Myley cirus.

But worst of all is Jacks Forced smile when he looks in the camera. I like Jack's comentary he just has to dumb himself down to Matts level when they work together.
    LMAO, well said! I friggin HATE Rod Black man! Like, can MLSE not just hire some former NBA player, ie, JYD or hell Alvin Williams to comment. Put them through broadcasting 101, etc. Devlin is like Ron Burgundy, he doesn't know SHI*. I feel bad for Jack, I think half the time he is drunk anyways so who cares.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to think Armstrong had kind of a "drunken white Bill Cosby" charm, but yeah it seems to be getting a little out of hand lately. I honestly think they hit rock bottom when Jack and Matt were flossing those ridiculous t-shirts over top of their suit jackets. They looked absurd, and the look on Doug Smith's face said it all.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been complaining about Devlin for awhile. I just cant handle his sense of humour, oratorical drone, salesman demeanor, hand movements, leading questions and forced tonal elevation on a Weemsical dunk. But above all its the asinine banter while I am pissed about how the game is going (in the dumper mostly) that I detest the most...and he is dragging Jack right into the muck. I once came upon a telecast when they were into one of these nonsensical digressions and all I wanted was the score (which the telecast for some reason wasnt putting up on the screen while they were bantering. Irritating. These guys are trying to put lipstick on a pig and think they are being diversionary. Why was it that the Swirsk left again? At least the guy came across genuine...nerdy and pompous in an endearing smurfy way.

Excuse the rant. It is a game. And these are the Raptors. I know...or keep telling myself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have been complaining about Devlin for awhile. I just cant handle his sense of humour, oratorical drone, salesman demeanor, hand movements, leading questions and forced tonal elevation on a Weemsical dunk. But above all its the asinine banter while I am pissed about how the game is going (in the dumper mostly) that I detest the most...and he is dragging Jack right into the muck. I once came upon a telecast when they were into one of these nonsensical digressions and all I wanted was the score (which the telecast for some reason wasnt putting up on the screen while they were bantering. Irritating. These guys are trying to put lipstick on a pig and think they are being diversionary. Why was it that the Swirsk left again? At least the guy came across genuine...nerdy and pompous in an endearing smurfy way.

Excuse the rant. It is a game. And these are the Raptors. I know...or keep telling myself.
    No dude, you are totally right. At least with Swirsk, when we were getting blown out, he would keep calling the game, and interject with comments directly related to the Raps players and the team, etc. Matt and Jack are terrible now, they literally pick some topic and go with it.

Did anyone here this last night- "hey, here's a # you can't dispute, the great one Wayne Gretzky turned 50 today"

Seriously??? Like, I know we are losing, but just call the f*cking game. If i wanted to watch Gretzky BS i would turn it on TSN where they were playing Gretzky wankbank footage all day!

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ the Wayne Gretzy birthday shout out. haha
    so yeah anyone else notice sonny weems get his ankles broken twice last night?
    Ouch! That seriously hurt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    LOL @ the Wayne Gretzy birthday shout out. haha
    so yeah anyone else notice sonny weems get his ankles broken twice last night?
    Ouch! That seriously hurt.

his back spasms r killing him, u can't blame him. If he were healthy he would be the one breaking ankles.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    . Devlin is like Ron Burgundy, he doesn't know SHI*.
    Sir, I demand you retract that statement. How DARE you put Devlin in the same category as Mr. Burgundy. He is a very important person. His appartment smells of rich mahogany.....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone here this last night- "hey, here's a # you can't dispute, the great one Wayne Gretzky turned 50 today"

Seriously??? Like, I know we are losing, but just call the f*cking game. If i wanted to watch Gretzky BS i would turn it on TSN where they were playing Gretzky wankbank footage all day!
    Funny thing is, last game I was at, Gretzky was sitting court-side and was introduced in the middle of the game. 5 minute standing O for him. How did that make the Toronto players feel? A retired dude from a different sport watching the game gets more love than them?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptoronto wrote: View Post
    It's a tough job with a losing team...I also have it on good authority that the "truck" is instructed to replay only positive plays which explains the disjointed coverage of the game (a peeve). It also means the TV play by play guys have very little to talk about that is relevant. Count the times one of the play by play guys starts talking about a poor Raps play that just happened...but the video replay shows a positive play three possessions old (over and over).

Devlin is actually quite good when he does the non-Raptor playoffs games...they hire him for a reason.
    Well, that's why it's interesting to watch games live too. When I saw the Memphis game last week, every time out a coach is yelling out something to certain players and certain players are giving it to other players. You simply do not see that in a tight broadcast.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Funny thing is, last game I was at, Gretzky was sitting court-side and was introduced in the middle of the game. 5 minute standing O for him. How did that make the Toronto players feel? A retired dude from a different sport watching the game gets more love than them?
    Gretzky's a fuckin icon. He deserved that standing ovation.

Post Thanks / Like

No dude, you are totally right. At least with Swirsk, when we were getting blown out, he would keep calling the game, and interject with comments directly related to the Raps players and the team, etc. Matt and Jack are terrible now, they literally pick some topic and go with it.

Swirsky stayed on topic? Are you kidding? Swirksy is just as bad as Devlin. The difference is that Swirsky sounded like he was on 8 red bulls.

I don't see what the big deal is giving a shout out to a living legend.

Some of you just like to complain about nothing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Sir, I demand you retract that statement. How DARE you put Devlin in the same category as Mr. Burgundy. He is a very important person. His appartment smells of rich mahogany.....
    Scotch Scotch Scotch, I love Scotch

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Swirsky stayed on topic? Are you kidding? Swirksy is just as bad as Devlin. The difference is that Swirsky sounded like he was on 8 red bulls.

It's context bro. I could tell when they brought up the Gretzky comment they were just trying to stretch out their nonsense banter, obviously on instruction from the truck. I actually was thinking "are you kidding me, they are still not talking about the game".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Onions!

Baby Onions!

Mango, do not disrespect the memory of the Swirsk. Matt D doesnt even deserve to drink his bathwater.

Post Thanks / Like

Onions!

Baby Onions!

Mango, do not disrespect the memory of the Swirsk. Matt D doesnt even deserve to drink his bathwater.
    MP, go back and watch a Raptors game from back in the day when Swirsky was calling it. Swirsky was about even with Devlin in regards to going off-topic and such.

Post Thanks / Like

It's context bro. I could tell when they brought up the Gretzky comment they were just trying to stretch out their nonsense banter, obviously on instruction from the truck. I actually was thinking "are you kidding me, they are still not talking about the game".
    Still, I don't see the problem with it. I didn't mind it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

MP, go back and watch a Raptors game from back in the day when Swirsky was calling it. Swirsky was about even with Devlin in regards to going off-topic and such.
    Watched plenty bro, Swirsk kept the talk within the context of the game and the organization. Raptors-centric. Plus his salami and cheese pack and bobblehead trumps any "matt and jack" kife swag they ar peddling now on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched plenty bro, Swirsk kept the talk within the context of the game and the organization. Raptors-centric. Plus his salami and cheese pack and bobblehead trumps any "matt and jack" kife swag they ar peddling now on TV.
    I don't think you watched that much. If you did, you'd know they were on par with each other.

As for who's ticket pack is better, who gives a fuck? It's the same amount of tickets and a crappy Fruit of the Loom T.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you watched that much. If you did, you'd know they were on par with each other.

As for who's ticket pack is better, who gives a fuck? It's the same amount of tickets and a crappy Fruit of the Loom T.
    I have watched every single raptors game ever. Even more than Nav Bhattia. Go eat some Mango, stop bugging me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched every single raptors game ever. Even more than Nav Bhattia. Go eat some Mango, stop bugging me.
    Okay, you've watched every game. I'll leave you be with this shitty little thread. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information