Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    As if watching our team wasn't painful enuff this year, is anyone else finding it virtually unbearable listening to these morons talk this year. I used to be a big Jack fan, even met him and he was great. But come on.

There was a span in the late 3rd period where they rambled on for 7 minutes about other teams, NBA history, their karaoke CD, etc etc. It was nauseating, i actually yelled at my TV "shut the F up". Twice they interjected by saying the score...and then back to drivel.

I can understand if their wank producers are telling them to kill time, but personally, i would rather just hear the play by play without their mindless annoying banter. I find Paul Jones and E Smith do way better on their radio broadcast.

I feel like writing a letter to Rogers or TSN or whomever can address it. What do you guys think?
    Yea, I noticed that too. It was gold, but can you really blame them, the Raps were awful! The only thing I remember about last nights game was Jack's "Rubber Phone", where a pathetic purple rubber band (the ones used in vegetables mind you) hold the flip phone together. It was hilarious. I do miss Swirsky though. Devlin is such a stiff (kinda like a librarian trying to be cool).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

As if watching our team wasn't painful enuff this year, is anyone else finding it virtually unbearable listening to these morons talk this year. I used to be a big Jack fan, even met him and he was great. But come on.

There was a span in the late 3rd period where they rambled on for 7 minutes about other teams, NBA history, their karaoke CD, etc etc. It was nauseating, i actually yelled at my TV "shut the F up". Twice they interjected by saying the score...and then back to drivel.

I can understand if their wank producers are telling them to kill time, but personally, i would rather just hear the play by play without their mindless annoying banter. I find Paul Jones and E Smith do way better on their radio broadcast.

I feel like writing a letter to Rogers or TSN or whomever can address it. What do you guys think?
      Don't you think it is depressing enough for these announcers watching this team lose? They are doing that to get their mind of a pathetic product and keep that important job because if I was one of the announcers, I would get some experience from the Raps and apply as an announcer at a winning organization jmho.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
        Don't you think it is depressing enough for these announcers watching this team lose? They are doing that to get their mind of a pathetic product and keep that important job because if I was one of the announcers, I would get some experience from the Raps and apply as an announcer at a winning organization jmho.
        Here's the deal. If i'm watching the game, i want to focus on the game. the plays, the execution, etc. I DO NOT CARE about how boring or bad it is for them. They get paid to CALL THE GAME. Hearing Devlin's sarcastic banter and meandering is BS. I tune in to watch the game and here some analysis if I have to. These guys are making a joke of the whole broadcast. Just call the damn game. Look at the TNT guys calling the big games and playoffs. They banter a bit, but FOCUS ON THE GAME.

Matt and Jack are paid to call the game, period. Neither have played in the NBA or have ANY NBA experience. So their witty chit chat is a big distraction.

I do miss Swirsk , at least he stayed focused on the game.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
          What really bugs me is after a basket or other play, the video cuts to a coach, bench player, fan, etc head shot when the play is going the other way. Do they not realize play doesn't stop after a score like in hockey?
          Big pet peeve of mine. I can understand maybe trying that a couple of times, but how many times does it take before the director realizes that it DOESN"T WORK!!!

As for Devlin and Armstrong, I'm willing to bet money they have been asked to add more "personality" to the broadcasts this year in order to distract the viewers from what is going on the court. Most viewers aren't hard core fans, so I am guessing the idea is to try and get them attached to the commentators by helping them get to know them, hence the personal stories, and such.

They're obviously doing what the Raptor organization (their boss) wants them to do. Can you imagine if they said what they REALLY want to say? I'd tune in for that, but I do anyway. And I doubt the brass wouldn't be pleased.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post

Devlin is actually quite good when he does the non-Raptor playoffs games...they hire him for a reason.
            No he is not - he is terrible boring and a total nerd. They just have him out there to make Rod Black look human. Rob black in HD make Keith Richards look like Myley cirus.

But worst of all is Jacks Forced smile when he looks in the camera. I like Jack's comentary he just has to dumb himself down to Matts level when they work together.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              No he is not - he is terrible boring and a total nerd. They just have him out there to make Rod Black look human. Rob black in HD make Keith Richards look like Myley cirus.

But worst of all is Jacks Forced smile when he looks in the camera. I like Jack's comentary he just has to dumb himself down to Matts level when they work together.
              LMAO, well said! I friggin HATE Rod Black man! Like, can MLSE not just hire some former NBA player, ie, JYD or hell Alvin Williams to comment. Put them through broadcasting 101, etc. Devlin is like Ron Burgundy, he doesn't know SHI*. I feel bad for Jack, I think half the time he is drunk anyways so who cares.

Comment

I used to think Armstrong had kind of a "drunken white Bill Cosby" charm, but yeah it seems to be getting a little out of hand lately. I honestly think they hit rock bottom when Jack and Matt were flossing those ridiculous t-shirts over top of their suit jackets. They looked absurd, and the look on Doug Smith's face said it all.

Comment

I have been complaining about Devlin for awhile. I just cant handle his sense of humour, oratorical drone, salesman demeanor, hand movements, leading questions and forced tonal elevation on a Weemsical dunk. But above all its the asinine banter while I am pissed about how the game is going (in the dumper mostly) that I detest the most...and he is dragging Jack right into the muck. I once came upon a telecast when they were into one of these nonsensical digressions and all I wanted was the score (which the telecast for some reason wasnt putting up on the screen while they were bantering. Irritating. These guys are trying to put lipstick on a pig and think they are being diversionary. Why was it that the Swirsk left again? At least the guy came across genuine...nerdy and pompous in an endearing smurfy way.

Excuse the rant. It is a game. And these are the Raptors. I know...or keep telling myself.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I have been complaining about Devlin for awhile. I just cant handle his sense of humour, oratorical drone, salesman demeanor, hand movements, leading questions and forced tonal elevation on a Weemsical dunk. But above all its the asinine banter while I am pissed about how the game is going (in the dumper mostly) that I detest the most...and he is dragging Jack right into the muck. I once came upon a telecast when they were into one of these nonsensical digressions and all I wanted was the score (which the telecast for some reason wasnt putting up on the screen while they were bantering. Irritating. These guys are trying to put lipstick on a pig and think they are being diversionary. Why was it that the Swirsk left again? At least the guy came across genuine...nerdy and pompous in an endearing smurfy way.

Excuse the rant. It is a game. And these are the Raptors. I know...or keep telling myself.
                    No dude, you are totally right. At least with Swirsk, when we were getting blown out, he would keep calling the game, and interject with comments directly related to the Raps players and the team, etc. Matt and Jack are terrible now, they literally pick some topic and go with it.

Did anyone here this last night- "hey, here's a # you can't dispute, the great one Wayne Gretzky turned 50 today"

Seriously??? Like, I know we are losing, but just call the f*cking game. If i wanted to watch Gretzky BS i would turn it on TSN where they were playing Gretzky wankbank footage all day!

Comment

LOL @ the Wayne Gretzy birthday shout out. haha
                      so yeah anyone else notice sonny weems get his ankles broken twice last night?
                      Ouch! That seriously hurt.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                        LOL @ the Wayne Gretzy birthday shout out. haha
                        so yeah anyone else notice sonny weems get his ankles broken twice last night?
                        Ouch! That seriously hurt.

his back spasms r killing him, u can't blame him. If he were healthy he would be the one breaking ankles.

Comment

. Devlin is like Ron Burgundy, he doesn't know SHI*.
                          Sir, I demand you retract that statement. How DARE you put Devlin in the same category as Mr. Burgundy. He is a very important person. His appartment smells of rich mahogany.....

Comment

Did anyone here this last night- "hey, here's a # you can't dispute, the great one Wayne Gretzky turned 50 today"

Seriously??? Like, I know we are losing, but just call the f*cking game. If i wanted to watch Gretzky BS i would turn it on TSN where they were playing Gretzky wankbank footage all day!
                            Funny thing is, last game I was at, Gretzky was sitting court-side and was introduced in the middle of the game. 5 minute standing O for him. How did that make the Toronto players feel? A retired dude from a different sport watching the game gets more love than them?

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
                              It's a tough job with a losing team...I also have it on good authority that the "truck" is instructed to replay only positive plays which explains the disjointed coverage of the game (a peeve). It also means the TV play by play guys have very little to talk about that is relevant. Count the times one of the play by play guys starts talking about a poor Raps play that just happened...but the video replay shows a positive play three possessions old (over and over).

Devlin is actually quite good when he does the non-Raptor playoffs games...they hire him for a reason.
                              Well, that's why it's interesting to watch games live too. When I saw the Memphis game last week, every time out a coach is yelling out something to certain players and certain players are giving it to other players. You simply do not see that in a tight broadcast.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                                Funny thing is, last game I was at, Gretzky was sitting court-side and was introduced in the middle of the game. 5 minute standing O for him. How did that make the Toronto players feel? A retired dude from a different sport watching the game gets more love than them?
                                Gretzky's a fuckin icon. He deserved that standing ovation.

Comment

Working...
                                X