Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

As if watching our team wasn't painful enuff this year, is anyone else finding it virtually unbearable listening to these morons talk this year. I used to be a big Jack fan, even met him and he was great. But come on.

There was a span in the late 3rd period where they rambled on for 7 minutes about other teams, NBA history, their karaoke CD, etc etc. It was nauseating, i actually yelled at my TV "shut the F up". Twice they interjected by saying the score...and then back to drivel.

I can understand if their wank producers are telling them to kill time, but personally, i would rather just hear the play by play without their mindless annoying banter. I find Paul Jones and E Smith do way better on their radio broadcast.

I feel like writing a letter to Rogers or TSN or whomever can address it. What do you guys think?

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    As if watching our team wasn't painful enuff this year, is anyone else finding it virtually unbearable listening to these morons talk this year. I used to be a big Jack fan, even met him and he was great. But come on.

There was a span in the late 3rd period where they rambled on for 7 minutes about other teams, NBA history, their karaoke CD, etc etc. It was nauseating, i actually yelled at my TV "shut the F up". Twice they interjected by saying the score...and then back to drivel.

I can understand if their wank producers are telling them to kill time, but personally, i would rather just hear the play by play without their mindless annoying banter. I find Paul Jones and E Smith do way better on their radio broadcast.

I feel like writing a letter to Rogers or TSN or whomever can address it. What do you guys think?
    Obviously they are going to do 99% play by play on the radio; there is no video. They can't get away with taking about other stuff for 7 min.

Comment

I agree, their banter is garbage. I do not want to listen to them sing Bon Jovi (WTF?), talk about their stupid teeshirt (which is WEAK) or anyhthing else but whats happening on the floor. I'm sick of paying a small fortune to watch these games on 37 different channels (which you can't get on a single value pack from Rogers) and missing on court action cuz the broadcasters are getting caught up in themselves. The idiots in the truck really need to stop giving them so much face time too. I watch a lot of non raps games and you notice most of the other broadcasters don't get on TV too often.

I really hate Devlin. I'd get a "#7 is the G.O.A.T." tattoo if it'd get Dev off the air. Such a tool. If only the radio cast wasn't delayed a couple of seconds, I'd turn off my tv audio and crank the stereo.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

It's a tough job with a losing team...I also have it on good authority that the "truck" is instructed to replay only positive plays which explains the disjointed coverage of the game (a peeve). It also means the TV play by play guys have very little to talk about that is relevant. Count the times one of the play by play guys starts talking about a poor Raps play that just happened...but the video replay shows a positive play three possessions old (over and over).

Devlin is actually quite good when he does the non-Raptor playoffs games...they hire him for a reason.

Comment

I don't mind at all. Every sports commentator talks about other stuff during the broadcast they call plays and fill it out with other stuff.

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
            It's a tough job with a losing team...I also have it on good authority that the "truck" is instructed to replay only positive plays which explains the disjointed coverage of the game (a peeve). It also means the TV play by play guys have very little to talk about that is relevant. Count the times one of the play by play guys starts talking about a poor Raps play that just happened...but the video replay shows a positive play three possessions old (over and over).

Devlin is actually quite good when he does the non-Raptor playoffs games...they hire him for a reason.
            What really bugs me is after a basket or other play, the video cuts to a coach, bench player, fan, etc head shot when the play is going the other way. Do they not realize play doesn't stop after a score like in hockey? And what is with all the head shots? Are they trying to be Fox Sports? Gawd I hate Fox Sports.....

Comment

You know it's a long fucking year when people start ragging on the friggin tv personalities. Personally, I like Matt and Jack. It makes the losing a bit more bearable. I particularly like Jack.

Comment

They rant to lighten the mood when the raptors are getting beat left and right which has been alot lately. I really enjoy listening to their perspectives on the league and the other teams in it as well.

Comment

LOL Multipaul i gotta agree with you man. I've found myself yelling at my tv several times now because of these two idiots. Matt Devlin needs to stop yelling every time something happens. I can't hate on my man Jack Armstrong, hope he stays with this team. IMO i think he is not even close to being as bad as Devlin or even Leo. I can't stand Leo.
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I just hope that they will stop pushing their merchandise (cd, t-shirt, etc.) and talking about their Karaoke hobby. I am fine with them announcing the games but if they could just turn it down a notch it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Fans will actually buy those ticket packages because they want to meet those two. If people have that much of a problem with them, I would advise that they either watch the game on mute or watch the game while listening to Paul Jones and Eric Smith on the fan 590. I do that with Blue Jays games.

Comment

Believe it or not I used to do color for my local university b-ball team growing up (access TV baby!). I was pretty fortunate that I was part of a winning environment and most of the games were pretty exciting. But what I can tell you is there is nothing more difficult then staying positive and finding things to talk about on a losing season. Especially NBA, it's a long ass season.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Matt and Jack were just preaching doom and gloom? For sure some stuff can get pretty annoying but most people that watch the game aren't as knowledgeable as us. These dudes are pros and if they didn't try to put a positive spin on things you can kiss trying to get any new fans goodbye.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Listen, i understand if the team is losing they are instructed to talk about other BS. But one technique they could do is just call it play by play, like when you are watching hockey or soccer. You don't hear those commentators go on literally for 7 minutes without talking about the game!

I swear man, last night i was watching, and i felt like I was at the ACC sitting beside two drunk old f*cks who werent watching the game and saying stuff like "here's an interesting fact, this one jabroni from this school was this other jabroni's roommate".

I know the radio guys have to call it play by play, and honestly, I wish the TV guys would do more of it. Fact is, Devlin doesn't know enuff about technical basketball and Jack is just the colour guy and isnt steering the ship.

Oh yeah, and I agree, that Bon Jovi thing was funny once or twice, now it's pathetic.

Comment

hahaha good point. I watch other teams/sports and never do the commentators go on talking about their personal business. Us fans who watch the game want to watch uninterrupted sports. Not to listen to these guys blabber about nonsense.
                            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Fans will actually buy those ticket packages because they want to meet those two. If people have that much of a problem with them, I would advise that they either watch the game on mute or watch the game while listening to Paul Jones and Eric Smith on the fan 590. I do that with Blue Jays games.
                              You can't, the raps radio lags a few seconds. Tried to do it last year. Don't know if they fixed it but I doubt it.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X