Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    No dude, you are totally right. At least with Swirsk, when we were getting blown out, he would keep calling the game, and interject with comments directly related to the Raps players and the team, etc. Matt and Jack are terrible now, they literally pick some topic and go with it.

Did anyone here this last night- "hey, here's a # you can't dispute, the great one Wayne Gretzky turned 50 today"

Seriously??? Like, I know we are losing, but just call the f*cking game. If i wanted to watch Gretzky BS i would turn it on TSN where they were playing Gretzky wankbank footage all day!
    Swirsky stayed on topic? Are you kidding? Swirksy is just as bad as Devlin. The difference is that Swirsky sounded like he was on 8 red bulls.

I don't see what the big deal is giving a shout out to a living legend.

Some of you just like to complain about nothing.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
      Sir, I demand you retract that statement. How DARE you put Devlin in the same category as Mr. Burgundy. He is a very important person. His appartment smells of rich mahogany.....
      Scotch Scotch Scotch, I love Scotch

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        Swirsky stayed on topic? Are you kidding? Swirksy is just as bad as Devlin. The difference is that Swirsky sounded like he was on 8 red bulls.

It's context bro. I could tell when they brought up the Gretzky comment they were just trying to stretch out their nonsense banter, obviously on instruction from the truck. I actually was thinking "are you kidding me, they are still not talking about the game".

Comment

Onions!

Baby Onions!

Mango, do not disrespect the memory of the Swirsk. Matt D doesnt even deserve to drink his bathwater.

Comment

Onions!

Baby Onions!

Mango, do not disrespect the memory of the Swirsk. Matt D doesnt even deserve to drink his bathwater.
            MP, go back and watch a Raptors game from back in the day when Swirsky was calling it. Swirsky was about even with Devlin in regards to going off-topic and such.

Comment

It's context bro. I could tell when they brought up the Gretzky comment they were just trying to stretch out their nonsense banter, obviously on instruction from the truck. I actually was thinking "are you kidding me, they are still not talking about the game".
              Still, I don't see the problem with it. I didn't mind it.

Comment

MP, go back and watch a Raptors game from back in the day when Swirsky was calling it. Swirsky was about even with Devlin in regards to going off-topic and such.
                Watched plenty bro, Swirsk kept the talk within the context of the game and the organization. Raptors-centric. Plus his salami and cheese pack and bobblehead trumps any "matt and jack" kife swag they ar peddling now on TV.

Comment

Watched plenty bro, Swirsk kept the talk within the context of the game and the organization. Raptors-centric. Plus his salami and cheese pack and bobblehead trumps any "matt and jack" kife swag they ar peddling now on TV.
                  I don't think you watched that much. If you did, you'd know they were on par with each other.

As for who's ticket pack is better, who gives a fuck? It's the same amount of tickets and a crappy Fruit of the Loom T.

Comment

I don't think you watched that much. If you did, you'd know they were on par with each other.

As for who's ticket pack is better, who gives a fuck? It's the same amount of tickets and a crappy Fruit of the Loom T.
                    I have watched every single raptors game ever. Even more than Nav Bhattia. Go eat some Mango, stop bugging me.

Comment

I have watched every single raptors game ever. Even more than Nav Bhattia. Go eat some Mango, stop bugging me.
                      Okay, you've watched every game. I'll leave you be with this shitty little thread. Enjoy.

Comment

Okay, you've watched every game. I'll leave you be with this shitty little thread. Enjoy.
                        I'm thoroughly shocked at the way you act on this board. There are kids that use this site as well. Try to keep it clean, no swearing, professional, polite. Lets make this a fun site, not a hate-on site.

Comment

Gretzky's a fuckin icon. He deserved that standing ovation.
                          *yawn* whatever - when are we going to stop paying "over homage" to this scrawny opportunist who was great in a time when no-one else was (or hardly). I mean hell - the dude was line mates with Dave Semenko for crying out loud.

Gretzky would be hard pressed to be a 3rd line checker in today's NHL.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

i generally just tune out the innane banter, or put it on mute if they're really getting on my nerves.

i do have a few pet peeves:

- when jack or leo start in on an opposing player with certain fundamental flaws, and yet NEVER make mention of those same flaws if they exist in a raptor player. just completely two-faced.

- the lack of any *real* criticism levelled at any player, coach or member of management. yes, i realize that they are employed by the team, and to criticize people or the product is tantamount to me telling my boss about their shortcomings, and so i really don't 'blame' them per se...my problem lies with the direction they've been given not to do so (which, IMO, is pretty clear). and i'm not taking about the once or twice a game they'll mention that so-&-so 'needs to be better'/'do a better job' at X or Y.

- i have a HUUUUGE problem with the timing of replays, cuts to players on the bench, and how much face-time is given jack/leo & matt. how many live plays have been missed in favour of a replay? that should NEVER happen, yet does so all the time. if you're going to show replays, do them during the interminable period of time during free throws. i don't need to see player x make the 1st of 2 FTs, thanks. i also HATE when the live video cuts away from the action after a raptor player makes a play to show the backup to that player on the bench...i always get the feeling that they're trying to 'catch' the bench player looking glum, so they can fabricate the illusion of discord. this was prevalent during the jose/TJ battle a couple years ago (i.e. jose would make a play, camera immediately zooms into ford on the bench; earlier this year, when the PG 'controversy' started, they'd do the same with whomever of jose or jack was on the bench. total amateur hour).

as for jack/leo & matt...if i wanted to hear about the raptors from the perspective of a corporate shill, i'd put any colangelo interview on a continuous loop. if that's what it's come down to (i.e. say something nice, or nothing at all), i'd prefer nothing at all.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              i generally just tune out the innane banter, or put it on mute if they're really getting on my nerves.

i do have a few pet peeves:

- when jack or leo start in on an opposing player with certain fundamental flaws, and yet NEVER make mention of those same flaws if they exist in a raptor player. just completely two-faced.

- the lack of any *real* criticism levelled at any player, coach or member of management. yes, i realize that they are employed by the team, and to criticize people or the product is tantamount to me telling my boss about their shortcomings, and so i really don't 'blame' them per se...my problem lies with the direction they've been given not to do so (which, IMO, is pretty clear). and i'm not taking about the once or twice a game they'll mention that so-&-so 'needs to be better'/'do a better job' at X or Y.

- i have a HUUUUGE problem with the timing of replays, cuts to players on the bench, and how much face-time is given jack/leo & matt. how many live plays have been missed in favour of a replay? that should NEVER happen, yet does so all the time. if you're going to show replays, do them during the interminable period of time during free throws. i don't need to see player x make the 1st of 2 FTs, thanks. i also HATE when the live video cuts away from the action after a raptor player makes a play to show the backup to that player on the bench...i always get the feeling that they're trying to 'catch' the bench player looking glum, so they can fabricate the illusion of discord. this was prevalent during the jose/TJ battle a couple years ago (i.e. jose would make a play, camera immediately zooms into ford on the bench; earlier this year, when the PG 'controversy' started, they'd do the same with whomever of jose or jack was on the bench. total amateur hour).

as for jack/leo & matt...if i wanted to hear about the raptors from the perspective of a corporate shill, i'd put any colangelo interview on a continuous loop. if that's what it's come down to (i.e. say something nice, or nothing at all), i'd prefer nothing at all.
                              Man I agree with you on all points. The timing of the replays, etc, is garbage. Last game they cut to matt and jack "joking around" for like a minute in the middle of the action. Like, they didnt even show what was happening on the court.

Another funny one, bit diff tho. Was watching the postgame last game on Raps TV, their one nerd guy "Akil" asks "Sherm" 'what does Trey Johnson need to bring to the team?".... Sherm replies, "well you know if he is playing for this Raptors squad, he better bring the D if he is going to make it" LMFAO....right.....thanks Sherm....

Comment

I'm assuming you don't have NBA league pass and that's the reason why you are complaining. Most of these home broadcast teams are terrible and be thankful we don't have Chicago's or Boston's broadcast team. They can't analyze the game and it seems like you are watching the game through the eyes of the biggest homer in town with the lack of opposition replays. I would prefer it if the NBA tried the NFL broadcast method of sending different analysts to different teams every day. That way we don't have to listen to the same guys for 82 games and the broadcast would be less biased.

Comment

Working...
                                X