Would BC Dare Draft International?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Please tell me you're joking and not really this ignorant.
    He spelt it "Derosen" ... so I think he definitely IS that ignorant after all.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      screw this kanter we need a dude at the SF position and he needs to be black! no more europeans. I don't mind Bargs or Calderon but i don't want the raptors to be like a fckin Euro league team. Bring in a beast 6'8" SF and we're good to go. Or just bring in a good SG and put Derosen at the sf position.
      wow.

Comment

I don't think BC would draft him. He usually doesn't like to get people with history of injury. Case and point Brandon Roy.

Comment

screw this kanter we need a dude at the SF position and he needs to be black! no more europeans. I don't mind Bargs or Calderon but i don't want the raptors to be like a fckin Euro league team. Bring in a beast 6'8" SF and we're good to go. Or just bring in a good SG and put Derosen at the sf position.
          you do realize the greatest SF of all time was a honky, right?

Comment

OK fine, I'll say it myself. My prediction includes going after Kyrie Irving by swapping with Minnesota (you know, one of those Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison type thing). Crazy Kahn would love Kanter and no, Irving is not a backup to Rubio flopping on him. I don't know the dynamics of this trade but something tells me that is how its going down.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              OK I know it's early but a lot of draft boards have the Raps picking Enas Kanter. Turkish guy who's currently known as the best C on the draft. Even though he hasn't played a game yet this year and has a history of knee problems. But then again look at guys like Blair on the Spurs.

He is a banger and not a finesse big like Bargs.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/enes-kanter

Turkey seems to be the new Spain (every team needs one).

Not saying I agree with it, but I'm strong believer of taking the best available player. And a bench of Davis and Johnson is pretty awesome.

And just for fun: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft
              he won't for 2 major reasons
              1 ) 2 hight lottery picks from Euro that flop will be something he can not explain away
              2) young core much more likely to stay together if they don't have lousy euro-defenders to play along side of
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Judging from this quote, and your earlier statement regarding the untradability of Sonny Weems, I don't think am going out on a limb here when I say; Get out of the deep end, and back into the Kiddy Pool.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                  1 ) 2 hight lottery picks from Euro that flop will be something he can not explain away
                  2) young core much more likely to stay together if they don't have lousy euro-defenders to play along side of
                  Why are you blaming it on the Euros? The North Americans on this team are just as bad.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Why are you blaming it on the Euros? The North Americans on this team are just as bad.
                    Defense wins championships and makes for 50+ win teams - 3 worst defenders Calderon Kleiza Bargs.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Defense wins championships and makes for 50+ win teams - 3 worst defenders Calderon Kleiza Bargs.
                      You still haven't answered the question. Why are you blaming it on the Euros when the North Americans on this team are just as bad? You take away Calderon, Kleiza and Bargnani and this team doesn't automatically become a 50+ win team. The Suns of the mid 2000s were run and gun, didn't play D and won over 50+ games...

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        OK fine, I'll say it myself. My prediction includes going after Kyrie Irving by swapping with Minnesota (you know, one of those Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison type thing). Crazy Kahn would love Kanter and no, Irving is not a backup to Rubio flopping on him. I don't know the dynamics of this trade but something tells me that is how its going down.
                        If Minnesota gets the #1 pick I can see either Irving or Rubio being traded to Toronto. If Rubio doesn't agree to come to Minnesota next season (if there is a season), then the smart move would be to trade him and keep Irving. Of course when has Khan ever done the smart thing?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm as hard on Bargnani as anyone, but only someone who knows very little about basketball would ever call him a flop. The guy is 17th in the league in scoring and probably one of the top 15, or so, centers in the league.

How is Kanter a poor defender? If the team had Gortat, Kirilenko, Sefolosha, Varejao and Nicolas Batum, would they still have lousy euro-defenders?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            How is Kanter a poor defender? If the team had Gortat, Kirilenko, Sefolosha, Varejao and Nicolas Batum, would they still have lousy euro-defenders?
                            just because it isn't north america, doesnt mean its europe. brazil is in south america.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              just because it isn't north america, doesnt mean its europe. brazil is in south america.
                              Yes, but most fans call all international players European. I can throw in one of the Gasols, instead, if it makes you happy.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No, our worst defenders are DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani, Kleiza, Bayless, Calderon, etc... Apart from maybe Ed Davis, Julian Wright and Amir Johnson. All our players are relatively bad defenders. DeRozan is the worst IMO. But I'm sure he'll improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X