No announcement yet.

Raptors = Ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a bad game, a really bad game. I cringed when I watched the performance of this team tonight. I don't think we are playing to win anymore

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
      We don't bench Weems for jacking up shots,
      I can only hope he is being shopped. It makes no sense for him to be playing this much. He certainly has not earned it. Compromising pics of Jay? I still think Wright is a third string/energy guy/injury-foul situation player but, on THIS team, he should be starting with Kleiza and Barbosa out.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Nicely Said .....
        And let me add to this, it is not just the Coaching staff, look at our GM for example. None of his moves has pan out. One move after another with no real direction. we had 9 new players last year and I think 5-6 this year and I bet the trend will continue if we keep him and his staff this summer.
        It probably will. And when your team is third/fourth worst in the league and sinking fast so it should continue.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
          that was a bad game, a really bad game. I cringed when I watched the performance of this team tonight. I don't think we are playing to win anymore
          By far one of the worse showings of the year - maybe the worst. Maybe up there with the WSH blowou @ WSH. The ATL game was bad but they were a good team, same with ORL.

Comment

we are now the cavs of the atlantic division
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              we are now the cavs of the atlantic division
              Maybe Cleveland is the Toronto of the central?

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                LOL wow, I didn't know I should've been writing and talking on posts since last year to be considered a legitimate member of this board.

I've been reading RR for a couple years now, only recently did I feel comfortable enough to create an account and start posting and replying, but whatever, I guess I'm just still a noob.

I don't think everything is going to be great if he leaves. In fact, AB is not even the biggest problem on this team. Since the days of VC, the biggest problem on this team has been accountability. Coaching staff does not hold players accountable for their mistakes, and that's because there's no real coaching philosophy. We're not a defensive team, we're not a run-n-gun team, we don't play the triangle, we don't have an identity except being an "offensive" team. What the hell does that even mean? what's the point of shooting 46% on average if we can't even hold our opponents under 100. We don't bench AB for not playing defense, We don't bench Weems for jacking up shots, we don't punish our players or teach them what to do when they're wrong about something. No accountability.

I hate Turkoglu, but I'm starting to believe he was right about our organization.

EDIT: Conversely, when we need to reward players for defense, like Julian Wright, we bench them. And in the previous game, we let Wright, a guy we know is not proficient at scoring, make more shot attempts than Bargnani, who is at the very least "supposed" to be our leading scorer. I firmly believe it is the coaching staff thats the problem.
                With all due respect, we actually do bench our players, but in REALITY, with all the injuries, how can we afford to bench dudes when we have so much injured players? While I agree that most of your comment prove to be valid points, it's just that part that I disagree with. Bargs got benched when we played the other night for lack of effort, Weems used to always get benched for fuckin' up. Same with even Bayless.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Yeah, he got benched for like half a quarter, and then got to play for most of the rest of the game. Oooh, Lesson learned...

That being said, I've been thinking for the last few hours that maybe Wright got benched yesterday for taking so many bad shots a few nights ago.
                  Last edited by webcrawler89; Sun Jan 30, 2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X