Kings Should Remember Webber & Trade for Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Should Remember Webber & Trade for Bosh

Apparently every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that Bosh is walking next summer. How come no one told me?

Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo knows that Bosh is leaving following this season and there is nothing he can do to prevent that. Losing Bosh with no compensation to free agency is a worst-case scenario so Colangelo should deal Bosh now to maximize his value. If Colangelo wants to save his job he has to deal Bosh this season to minimize the bleeding.

Petrie has accumulated the ammo for a Bosh deal by drafting well and retaining those players to reasonable contracts. The reason why Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi and Jason Thompson are not included in any potential deal is because Petrie has probably marked them as untouchable franchise cornerstones. This should not be a deal breaker though.

Kevin Martin would be the main attraction to the deal from the Raptors perspective. Martin is an offensive dynamo; capable of averaging 30+ points per game in a fast tempo offensive system like the one the Raptors run. Martin is only 26 and has yet to reach the ceiling of his potential.
    Source - Click here

And Kevin Martin has only played about 50 games per season over his 6 years so he won't be tired either! lol
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Let's trade Bosh for Kevin Martin + Spencer Hawes and make a real run for the worst defensive team of All-Time.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Kevin Martin has reached the ceiling of his potential, a high volume ball chucker. Those type of guys can come off my bench.

Comment

The Raps aren't really a high tempo offense either.
          Last edited by nubreed000; Thu Dec 31, 2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

No Thompson? I don't think there would be a deal without him. K-Mart for Bosh is not fair and no doubt is not the best deal available to the Raptors if something needs to happen.

Comment

"Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo knows that Bosh is leaving following this season and there is nothing he can do to prevent that. "

It is indeed strange that the writer premises his entire piece on this bon mot but fails to even mention the usual "sources who wish not to be identified".

As regards the "theoretical trade". No thanks. We need some defensive attributes coming back if any exchange had to occur.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                "Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo knows that Bosh is leaving following this season and there is nothing he can do to prevent that. "

It is indeed strange that the writer premises his entire piece on this bon mot but fails to even mention the usual "sources who wish not to be identified".

As regards the "theoretical trade". No thanks. We need some defensive attributes coming back if any exchange had to occur.
                That's what you get from Bleacher Report, just be glad there weren't too many grammatical errors.

I don't get this infatuation with Spencer Hawes, good player but if anyone's thinking he comes close to balancing the scales in Bosh trade, they're out to lunch.

Any Bosh trade should bring back picks, expiring contracts and a good starter. Kevin Martin's deal runs to 2012/13 where he makes 13M. Now, for a one dimensional offensive player, that's way too much money. Not to mention we have Calderon and Bargnani on the roster who have long-term deals and play mostly one side of the ball (although Bargnani is getting better).

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  That's what you get from Bleacher Report, just be glad there weren't too many grammatical errors.
                  I was wondering what bogus sports reporter wrote that useless diatribe, and then I saw it was posted on Bleacher Report. 'Nuff Said, and I, too, was glad that it wasn't riddled with grammatical errors (one guy, I forget his name, kept putting, commas, wherever, he, wanted,) and the writer has yet to blast his audience for no reason in the comment section.

This has to be one of the weakest offers around. Long undesirable contract? Check. One-dimensional chucker? Check. Soft offensive big? Check. This would be better suited for a team that wants Hawes (we shouldn't) and also wants to unload an undesirable contract of their own.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                    Let's trade Bosh for Kevin Martin + Spencer Hawes and make a real run for the worst defensive team of All-Time.
                    lol .. couldnt say it any better than this ..
                    ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Working...
                    X