Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the killer B's can continue their Chemistry from last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the killer B's can continue their Chemistry from last night?

Do you think last night was one night thing or Do you think Bosh and Bargnani can compliment each others game in the future?

(Also to honor last night great game from the "Killer B's" I have changed my Picture to the Killer B's)

I firmly believe as I always have that Bosh and Bargnani together can be great! i believe they can be as good together as any two big men today, but it takes proper coaching, team discipline to understand everyones role and who your two best players are and how to get / keep them both involved heavily in every game, and lastly a commitment from the two of them. I am convinced this could be lasting but because Bosh is the best player, and leader of this team it starts with him. He needs to reach out to Bargnani and show him how good they can be together, and understand they will both be better for it. This is what Colangelo envisioned when he took Bargnani and I believe he still thinks it's there. Here's hoping!!

Comment

I remain pessimistic on this, only because if it were possible, it would've happened by now. I think both Bosh and Bargnani play the game at varying levels of intensity for this to work. Although Bosh has been better at it this year, they have too many games where they look like complete strangers. Bosh desperately trying to rebound Bargnani's misses and Bargnani trying to make plays which Bosh hasn't even thought of.

A game here and a game there doesn't mean a thing, I think the system needs to be such that it should yield the best out of both these players on a nightly basis. I'm not suggesting I know how to do this, I think it's a very challenging task for a coach and just like Mitchell, Triano has his hands full.

Comment

Arsenalist: You’re probably right to remain pessimistic on this, but … sometimes I wonder. Mainly because I’m not sure it’s necessarily true that ‘it would’ve happened by now’, for this particular case. Some of what we might’ve been seeing these last few years is two ‘big dogs’ learning to play together and to co-exist, all the while warily circling each other in their respective unconscious ways, not entirely convinced of the which one of themselves is truly the dominant one. Sort of a ‘two alpha-dogs syndrome’ thing.

Bosh was already here with his territory clearly marked as the American star-in-the-making; Bargnani then came over from across the pond, with the ‘Number One Pick’ sign hanging around his neck, without the benefit of language or experience with North American culture. Besides it making the task of finding his way in his new life and on his new team more difficult (as well as the reality that his aloof appearance, which is/was likely more an effect – or a disguising – of basic shyness), it was probably hard for him to engage or to be engaged. Now that ‘push is coming to shove’ a bit more, and being that Bargs is obviously more comfortable in his surroundings, maybe – just maybe – the joyful exuberance that Bargs ran down the floor with (a rare sight to be sure) after making that late three against the Bobcats had as much to do with him knowing that Bosh trusted him (as one poster mentioned, yesterday) enough to take that very important shot and that he then rewarded the trust by successfully hitting it. Feeling real synergy (especially if it’s a first of a sort) can be extremely exciting.

It might well be a somewhat romanticized notion that these two could begin – starting now, only – to build on a trust-factor that the play mentioned might have signaled a REAL beginning to, but … it’s not impossible. I tend to believe that if Bosh made it clear to Bargnani (by his play) that he would continue to play off of him in that kind of fashion, trusting him to ‘be there’, that Bargnani would find it in himself to match Bosh’s level of intensity to do what he could to continue to reward the trust. Maybe, it’s just what Bargnani needs to blossom fully, once and for all. If they worked on it, we could even see some magic. I don’t believe it’s absolutely too late. Not yet, anyway.

Comment

The killer Bs have always worked well together no question about that. The box score result on the other hand is a product of who is on the floor; if Hedo is in he will take some shots resulting in less pts to the Bs, if he is off they will pick up his shots and produce more (on the the box score).
          The real question should be can a front court of AB and Bosh contend in the east?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I remain pessimistic on this, only because if it were possible, it would've happened by now. I think both Bosh and Bargnani play the game at varying levels of intensity for this to work. Although Bosh has been better at it this year, they have too many games where they look like complete strangers. Bosh desperately trying to rebound Bargnani's misses and Bargnani trying to make plays which Bosh hasn't even thought of.

A game here and a game there doesn't mean a thing, I think the system needs to be such that it should yield the best out of both these players on a nightly basis. I'm not suggesting I know how to do this, I think it's a very challenging task for a coach and just like Mitchell, Triano has his hands full.

Agreed if it happened for the rest of the season i would still be pissed because it should happen all year . Bargs plays great with Hedo and Bosh on the bench i thnk the charlotte game was the first time they both got 28 and 33 for points and we are 30 some odd games into the season.
            Last edited by rdiaz101; Sat Jan 2, 2010, 04:03 PM.
            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Arsenalist – I’ve been thinking about what you wrote here, how it’s a challenging task for a coach and that Triano has his hands full and … I get it. It is on the coach to get Bosh and Bargs on the same page, if it’s going to happen at all and (to quote you) ‘the system needs to be such that it should yield the best out of both these players on a nightly basis’. I’m a little riled up still, about (what I saw as) Triano’s lack of direction last night against the C**tics, so I’m a little less optimistic right now compared to what I sometimes am about the whole thing. But you’re right. They’re not going to just magically find their chemistry and carry on growing into the two-headed monster that will cause everyone else in the league to cringe with fear when they see them coming. So, scratch much of what I said above. I was dreaming for a moment.

Comment

The Killa B's have been murking it as of late!

Jan. 3 vs SA-combined 37 pts, 23 rbds, 7 blks, W

Jan. 6 @ ORL-combined 36 pts, 20 rbds, 1 blks, W

Jan. 8 @ PHI-combined 52 pts, 15 rbds, 3 blks, W

Jan. 10 vs BOS-combined 54 pts, 18 rbds, 4 blks, L

Jan. 11 vs @ IND-combined 39 pts, 27 rbds, 5 blks, L

Jan. 15 vs @ NY-combined 42 pts, 16 rbds, 0 blks, W

Jan. 17 vs DAL-combined 45 pts, 19 rbds, 4 blks, W

It's no coincidence the Dinos have been winning more games than not during this stretch.

Comment

Working...
                X