No announcement yet.

P90x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, yeah. Some things are tough to stay away from but if you cook most of your meals and use simple ingredients then 9 times out of 10 you're eating a lot better than most of North America.

I always tell my friends and family to stay away from artificial sweeteners anytime I see them with a diet Coke or something "zero cal". Yeah, you're limiting your calories but they don't put on the bottle that artificial sweeteners have been proven to be toxic to your body and mess up your metabolism causing you to gain weight, not lose it.

Comment

Week six will be in the books after tomorrow's workout. That's the halfway mark. I wasn't overweight to start the program but the scale says I've lost 8lbs. I must say, the little extra weight that I was carrying around the waste due to occasional beers and a desk job (not at the same time LOL) are melting away. I highly recommend the program to anyone who has someone to do it with. If you don't have a workout partner it might be more difficult to push yourself, not sure, but if you really want to get in great shape and you commit I can vouch that the results will come, more so when you hit the back end of Phase 1 and then onward.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        if you're DOWN to save a LOAD of money on the TORRENTial P90X set, there are deals out there................
        hahahahaha

Wink, wink, know whuah mean, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more, eh, eh.

Are you trying to insinuate something Heinz??
        Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          hahahahaha

Wink, wink, know whuah mean, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more, eh, eh.

Are you trying to insinuate something Heinz??
          what? i would never illegally obtain a copy of the entire p90x kit... or the Insanity kit... or hip hop abs... or tae bo... or the entire list of acadamy award nominated movies... or Batman the XXX parody..

i would never.......................

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            what? i would never illegally obtain a copy of the entire p90x kit... or the Insanity kit... or hip hop abs... or tae bo... or the entire list of acadamy award nominated movies... or Batman the XXX parody..

i would never.......................
            Ok, good. Or else Tony Horton would be ALL over you. haha

Comment

He would finish you five times before you hit the ground with his Kempo X. He would then follow that up with a P90x Recovery Drink, because it's needed after such an activity.

Comment

kempo x is a load of fun... its the only part of my failed p90x experience that i wholly enjoyed

Comment

Yeah, I like how it's at the end of the workout week. It's the easiest of the workouts in my opinion (if you exclude Stretch X as a workout) but all the shadow kickboxing is fun. I also like how they don't pair it with Ab Ripper X. They let you ease into your day off.

Comment

Three workouts left for Phase 2. Just five more weeks remain. In the past couple week I've noticed more chance than in the first five. I'm down 10lbs. I have no idea I had so much to lose. I keep dropping. My percent body fat must be getting close to optimal now. Crazy man, I'm going to have a six pack by the end of this. I'm telling you, if you make it past week five this stuff will change your life. The changes after that point seem to happen fast and the visible improvements are an excellent motivator for the second half.

I think when I do my second round of P90X I'm going to phase out Kempo X and incorporate one of Shaun T's "Insanity" workouts into my routine.

Comment

For someone not looking to LOSE weight, but actually GAIN Muscle, would you recommend this?
                      I've got 'Chris-Bosh-body' from when he was a rookie. (6'-1", 150lbs) I'm looking to get Lebron Jamesed. Y'know? hahah

I'm not really one for wanting to spend hours upon hours at the gym, grunting and moaning and heaving and creating Protein Shakes and junk; but I'm thinking thats the only way.

I'm in decent enough shape. Got some muscle definition and tonage and junk .. but ya, still on the 'Tall and Slim' side.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

You can bulk up with P90x. The key thing to do is figure out your weights for each exercise and make sure you can only squeeze out 8 reps in each set while feeling the burn in the last three reps. You can download training log sheets that help you track this much easier than using your memory. If you want to bulk up you're going to need lots of protein whether you're at the gym or doing P90X. The P90X portion plan has you eating a heavy load of protein. Beyond that you might want to consider creatine. I don't mean to mislead anyone here either. I talk about the weight lose but I am getting muscle gains as well. I expect now that I've burned most of my excess fat that I'm going to get big time gains in Phase 3, which is typical for this program.

If you don't want to log big time hours at the gym, P90X might be right for you. There's no waiting on equipment, there's no commuting to and from. It's just go, go, go. You'll workout from 1-1.5 hours a day and during those sessions you'll have hardly no down time. Breaks usually last 1-2 minutes and you're running and doing jumping jacks the whole way through those breaks. Transition through exercises typically take 10-30 seconds, max. I find it the most time efficient workout I've ever done. I'll never go back to the gym again.

Even if you decide on the gym, if you can get your hands on a copy of the P90x nutrition guide you'll progress much faster at the gym. The guide takes most of the work out of it. Looking back, if I followed the nutrition guide while I was going to the gym I would have seen much better progress. Based on my own experience I feel nutrition is 80% of the battle. Workouts last 1-2 hours for most people but you're eating, regenerating muscle and burning fats and calories all day.

Note: I found the best way to get my protein was to make sure I had at least one serving with each meal and to get one in a snack as well. Beyond that I usually had a protein shake or bar each day, many times both. I recommend isopure whey protein powder. There are no artificial sweeteners or flavorings, just the whey protein. 30gm of protein/scoop. It tastes like ass though. You'll want to mix it with vanilla soy milk or chocolate milk or something to hide the taste. I'll try to find a picture of the tub because I can't find the right one while searching.

Comment

Dig it. Thanks man. Might have to give that a look.
                          Because, as you said, nutrition is absolutely 80% of the fight, and if I can get Tony Horton to tell me how to eat, then that is probably the best option. Dudes friggin 52 years old!! haha
                          Keep it up Apollo! You're a stronger man then I... literally and figuratively at this point I'm sure. hahah

Comment

Thanks man. A lot of people try this stuff in give up too soon. You can probably find the system on kijijii or Buy & Sell for cheap. Worth a look. I've seen them on there selling for half price in the past.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Thanks man. A lot of people try this stuff in give up too soon. You can probably find the system on kijijii or Buy & Sell for cheap. Worth a look. I've seen them on there selling for half price in the past.
                              Oh serious? Niice. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks for keeping this updated Apollo, I had read a bit about P90X but I was always curious if it actually worked. I might have to give it a shot now.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X