Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He averages close to 22 shots per game. If you make less than 50 % of them, you can still averge 20 ppg.

Your first comment and your second comment have no correlation to each other. What does BOS having or having not played HS ball have to do with it?
    Hey sweet peach, it has to do with everything. Low basketball accumen and IQ which is what you and that other dude exhibit. Typical armchair critic, never played a serious game in ur life. You think it's easy to score the ball in the NBA? It's not 2K buddy. Playing on injuries is not fun, especially when the rest of your team can't pickup the scoring load.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Fully agree.
    Way too critical of Amir's game, Multi.
    He's our BEST inside presense from both sides of the floor. Though their games are different, I'm not sure its fair to sell Amir quite as short as you have.
    Sorry buddy, disagree with both you guys. Amir is a bench player, and always will be. He is foul prone (including on 3s), turnover prone, unreliable in crunch time, a poor shot blocker, a poor rebounder. Ed Davis is better than him and will eventually supplant him as he should. Amir is a dud.

Love how you guys think "scoring is easy"...so funny, i would love to play one on one against you guys, see how "easy" it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Love how you guys think "scoring is easy"...so funny, i would love to play one on one against you guys, see how "easy" it is.
    I've never been on this side of the argument. I have never discounted what Bargnani brings to the table, and have ALWAYS been of the opinion that he is VERY unique and is absolutely an assett within the league. I was simply stating you are being too critical of Amirs game.

And I played Varsity ball throughout HS and College, so don't act like you're the only one who balls, Multi.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've never been on this side of the argument. I have never discounted what Bargnani brings to the table, and have ALWAYS been of the opinion that he is VERY unique and is absolutely an assett within the league. I was simply stating you are being too critical of Amirs game.

And I played Varsity ball throughout HS and College, so don't act like you're the only one who balls, Multi.
    That comment wasnt aimed at you joe dog, sorry about that.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry buddy, disagree with both you guys. Amir is a bench player, and always will be. He is foul prone (including on 3s), turnover prone, unreliable in crunch time, a poor shot blocker, a poor rebounder. Ed Davis is better than him and will eventually supplant him as he should. Amir is a dud.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You realize that the more often you post your ridiculous assessments of Amir, the dumber you sound right? At least look up some stats before you post, it'd go a long way. I know the internet is hard, but try to keep up.

1. Amir is foul prone, I'll give you that. But so are Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor, Brook Lopez, Serge Ibaka, etc. What you don't seem to be able to understand is that big men SHOULD use their fouls. It's called protecting the freaking rim, putting players that come into the paint on their asses. Let me ask you this: when was the last time you can remember that Bargs put a hard foul on someone that was driving through the lane? Sure Amir picks up dumb fouls, but he also intimidates in the lane, something that Bargs is pathetic at.

2. Turnover prone? Bargs 2.5 per game, Amir 1.1 Good call.

3. Unreliable in crunch time? Compare his clutch stats to Bargs' at 82games. Amir has higher shooting percentages, much better efficiency, more free throws, better at drawing free throws, higher net points, etc. The only thing Bargs beats him in is total points per 48 minutes (by less than 5 pts), but he needed more than double Amir's field goal attempts to do it. Another great call.

4. Poor shot blocker? He gets 1.5 per 36 mins, Bargs gets 1.1. So if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Pathetic?

5. Poor rebounder? Amir kills Bargs, 9.1 to 5.6 per 36 minutes. Again, if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Hopeless?

edit: I should have just posted the facepalm haha. Well played WhatWhat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    You realize that the more often you post your ridiculous assessments of Amir, the dumber you sound right? At least look up some stats before you post, it'd go a long way. I know the internet is hard, but try to keep up.

1. Amir is foul prone, I'll give you that. But so are Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor, Brook Lopez, Serge Ibaka, etc. What you don't seem to be able to understand is that big men SHOULD use their fouls. It's called protecting the freaking rim, putting players that come into the paint on their asses. Let me ask you this: when was the last time you can remember that Bargs put a hard foul on someone that was driving through the lane? Sure Amir picks up dumb fouls, but he also intimidates in the lane, something that Bargs is pathetic at.

2. Turnover prone? Bargs 2.5 per game, Amir 1.1 Good call.

3. Unreliable in crunch time? Compare his clutch stats to Bargs' at 82games. Amir has higher shooting percentages, much better efficiency, more free throws, better at drawing free throws, higher net points, etc. The only thing Bargs beats him in is total points per 48 minutes (by less than 5 pts), but he needed more than double Amir's field goal attempts to do it. Another great call.

4. Poor shot blocker? He gets 1.5 per 36 mins, Bargs gets 1.1. So if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Pathetic?

5. Poor rebounder? Amir kills Bargs, 9.1 to 5.6 per 36 minutes. Again, if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Hopeless?

edit: I should have just posted the facepalm haha. Well played WhatWhat.
    Typical noob posters. Some dude with no avatar and another dude with a Bayless avatar acting like they know something.

It's called Mathletics. Wayne Winston. Stats 101. Amir is not as good as Bargs, apples and oranges sweet pea.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, this is a "i'm better at the internet than you" argument.

nerds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    oh, this is a "i'm better at the internet than you" argument.

nerds.
    Typical Heinz post

funny

Post Thanks / Like

NERDS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical noob posters. Some dude with no avatar and another dude with a Bayless avatar acting like they know something.
    Fallacious argument.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called Mathletics. Wayne Winston. Stats 101. Amir is not as good as Bargs, apples and oranges sweet pea.
    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...-2011&team=TOR

Amir KILLS Bargs in adjusted plus/minus, which is exactly the stat Winston covets.

Honestly dude, just give it up. This is getting sad.

Seriously, just give it up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    NERDS!!!!!

Friggin love ogre.....revenge of the nerds.....NERDS!!!

Remember takeshi on the tricycle?

Post Thanks / Like

remember it? the song is my ringtone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information