Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear me out... might not be such a bad idea... or maybe it would. Still a good chat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NBA is unbearable to watch nowadays. The Raps wouldn't be on this losing streak if it wasn't for bullshit reffing politics. All's opposing teams do when its close in the crunch is take it to the rack and get a foul. When Raps do this they get no fouls, no love, and no chance. I love the Raps and always will, but this league is becoming more of a joke every year. But what do I know, Ref's in the NBA have never been corrupt......

Comment

Boomer wrote: View Post
      Leo could never be the coach of the Raps because he loves the other teams too much.
      If they played the Pacers he'd play a small lineup to avoid potentially causing an injury to Josh McRoberts and Roy Hibbert. He's an anti-homer. He'd perpetually whine about the guys he has saying "these are the guys I want, who play the right way." And when those guys came in it would start over again. Why would that change with a more stressful job?
      Well I think perhaps this started off as a tongue-in-cheek, "lets hire Leo!", but in all honesty I do believe he deserves a shot as an Coach or Asst. somewhere in the league.
      The man knows Basketball.

Comment

Did you watch the team canada games buddy? He cannot manage the game nor the clock nor timeouts nor play calls nor personnel. This thread is pointless.

Hey guys, how about Jack Armstrong be our coach?

Comment

Leo would be a good assistant coach I think, but definitely not a head coach right now to replace Triano. JT is fine now for still developing guys like DD, ED and AB, AA etc. but by the end of next year we'll need a coach to take us to the next level. Mike Woodson (former ATL coach).

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Did you watch the team canada games buddy? He cannot manage the game nor the clock nor timeouts nor play calls nor personnel. This thread is pointless.

Hey guys, how about Jack Armstrong be our coach?
            Not that I would want either, but between Jack and Leo, I would take Jack. Jack Armstrong speaks out about players and accountability more than Leo, Devlin, and Triano combined.

Comment

At least we wouldn't have to hear him during telecasts anymore. I can't stand listening to the guy. I dread SportsNet broadcasts.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                I don't think Leo is the right choice. The last thing the Raps need is another coaching choice that seems more like a publicity stunt and installation of another guy that BC can control than a genuine attempt at improving the team. Assuming the talent develops over the next 2-3 years into a playoff team, the next step is bringing in quality free agents to supplement your core in a push for deep into the playoffs, and that requires your organization to be considered seriously around the league. I don't think Leo helps that.

Then again, I don't know who does. The ideal coach for the Raps would have a proven track record in developing young players, getting guys to play hard and installing successful defensive schemes. The problem is that there are very few coaches with that resume. To me, the will to play hard on the defensive end needs to come as much from the players policing themselves as it does the coach putting constant pressure on the players, because that constant pressure eventually gets tuned out or turned into bitterness and resentment. A good NBA team understands what has to be done and polices itself. You need a coach that facilitates that as much as anything else. And frankly I just don't think that right now the Raps have the players / personalities to police themselves, regardless of who is coaching.
                Some names of head coaches that fit your bill above:-
                Nate Mcmillan(a Doc Rivers mold coach) - free agent coach
                Jeff Van Gundy
                Mike Woodson
                Budenholzer(Utah`s assistant coach)
                Poppovich`s lead assistant coach.

Comment

Not to be petty, but:

smushmush wrote: View Post
                  Poppovich`s lead assistant coach.
                  doesn't really count as 'Names'. hahah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Not to be petty, but:

doesn't really count as 'Names'. hahah
                    I know - I don't know his name. lol.

Comment

Mike Budenholtzer. Or however you spell it.
                      He's the new Tom Thibedeau. Winning Assistant Coach that ALL crap teams want. He'll likely go to the next 'Chicago' as well. Whatever the best situation is for him to carry on the 'winning' culture.

It's like breeding. haha And we're not the prettiest girl.

Comment

Working...
                      X