Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers Looking for a Trade, Would they want Barbosa !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers Looking for a Trade, Would they want Barbosa !!!

It seems like Lakers are looking a trade and they are looking for some scoring and speed. I think Barbosa is a kind of the off the bench player that can really help them.

It seems like howeverl, Lakers are reluctent to trade away Bynum ( their Only real asset).

Now, if Bynum is available, Will you make the following trade:

Byum for Barbosa,Amir and a first Round Draft Pick
    Or
    Bynum for Barbosa + AB + Draft Pick
    Or
    Bynum for Barbosa+Amir +Bayless

Bynum has 2 years on his contract for 31 million but the 2nd year is a team option which makes the risk much smaller ( if One is worried about his health)!!
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 03:14 AM.

By the way, All of these trades work in ESPN trade machine and are doable.
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Someone please remove this thread from this section, and while you're at it, ban this member and any other member that excessively promotes Bargnani, except for multipaul; he's our Glenn Beck.

Comment

I would trade Barbosa straight up for Kobe. We'll give them our second round draft pick too, just to even it out. He'd be a great sixth man. We don't want him messing with Bargnani's development. He is gonna be the next David Andersen.
        Last edited by JalenRose5; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
          Someone please remove this thread from this section, and while you're at it, ban this member and any other member that excessively promotes Bargnani, except for multipaul; he's our Glenn Beck.
          umad?

Anyway, I probably wouldn't make a trade for Bynum, he's out (again) with a knee injury. Because of his knees his long-term viability is in question.

Comment

Bynum is a personal favourite of Jerry Buss, so they're not gonna deal him for Barbosa, Amir or any combination of the two. When he's healthy (Bynum that is), he's a franchise centre.

Comment

If you are going to try to get Bynum, it would more than likely take something more like Barbosa, Julian Wright, and Reggie Evans/Amir Johnson. We also take Derrick Caracter or Devin Ebanks. The repeated rumours of Dwight Howard looking to bail and join the Lakers after next year are the only reason the Lakers would consider this.

Ebanks still has to develop but would fit into our plans and work as a strong wing a la Ariza. Caracter could be a great 1-2 with Ed Davis. Bynum would be good for Toronto, but as a Laker fan I am constantly frustrated with his injuries, and would be with Toronto as well.

Lakers would love Barbosa, Julian fits with their defensive wing strategy without having to be a scorer. Amir would be a fair fit with the team although Phil J. has little patience for the mental errors he makes, although the Lakers staff could help the development. Reggie would be a good energy guy for the Lakers instead and be a banger they need.

Comment

Trade ideas go in the trade forum. Moved.

Comment

I'd do Bargnani/Barbosa/Wright/Johnson/Evans for Odom/Bynum/Caracter/Ebanks/Walton.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I'd do Bargnani/Barbosa/Wright/Johnson/Evans for Odom/Bynum/Caracter/Ebanks/Walton.
                    I'm sure everybody in the Raptors organization would do that one!

Lakers...not so much.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                      C'mon man! Has Multipaul really reached anti-christ levels yet?

Comment

I am not too sure about salaries and bench player availability on the LAL, but BC would do a lesser deal for Barbosa...possibly even for an injured Barnes and another young prospect (for next season).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I am not too sure about salaries and bench player availability on the LAL, but BC would do a lesser deal for Barbosa...possibly even for an injured Barnes and another young prospect (for next season).
                          We would have to take Walton then to make the salaries work. He is somewhat capable, but overpaid, chronically injured and not going to turn any heads wing. I would take either Caracter or Ebanks for the prospect but the Raptors would have to give up more players or LAL would be below the minimum allowed players.

Comment

How about this.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bynum and Artest for Barbosa, Bargs and Reggie

Any thoughts? We get a young centre prospect and the hilarity of Artest...Lakers get big time scoring punch off the bench and some cap relief...

Comment

Working...
                              X