Bulls Have Inquired About DeRozan's Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulls Have Inquired About DeRozan's Availability

As the article states, the Raptors were quick turn the Bulls away from any prospect in trading Demar. Regardless, its nice to see him get recognized and that he's slowly turning some heads around the league.

If you were BC, would you consider parting with DeMar?

The trade front in Chicago has been pretty quiet despite the tour Chicago scouts and executives have been on evaluating possible trade candidates. Several Bulls' scouts and GM Gar Forman were in L.A. this week looking at possible trade candidates and sources close to the situation have pegged a few shooting guards as the Bulls' targets as the trade deadline approaches.

The Bulls have had eyes for Cleveland's Anthony Parker for some time, and are said to have him towards the top of their wish list. Parker missed nine game in January due to a back injury and has recently returned to action for the Cavs.

The Bulls have questions regarding any player with a back injury, so they will want to see Parker playing and proving that he is 100% before they'd consider triggering a deal.

A strong showing over the next few weeks could help Parker find his exit from Cleveland and the Bulls are interested in his progress.

Parker is in the final year of his deal with the Cavs and is owed $2.85 million, an easy contract for Chicago to absorb.

Chicago also had a long look at Houston's Courtney Lee and he could be the player they ultimately land. The Rockets are open to deals; however it's unlikely they move Courtney unless it's part of a bigger deal.

The Bulls have some excess in their front court and that's an area the Rockets are desperate to address.

They have also been linked to L.A.'s Shannon Brown, but due to his contract status he has the right to veto any trades and word is he's not looking to move anywhere.

The Bulls have apparently made runs at Toronto regarding DeMar DeRozan and were turned away and have made inquiries on O.J. Mayo with Memphis that went no where.
    Source - Click here

That's like us saying we need someone in the middle, let's just inquire as to Noah's availability. I'm pretty surprised the Bulls brass approached us about Demar. On one hand, I'm flattered that they asked bout him, and on the other hand, I'm somewhat appalled and shocked that they would have the gall to ask about his availability when he's a building block of this franchise.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      That's like us saying we need someone in the middle, let's just inquire as to Noah's availability. I'm pretty surprised the Bulls brass approached us about Demar. On one hand, I'm flattered that they asked bout him, and on the other hand, I'm somewhat appalled and shocked that they would have the gall to ask about his availability when he's a building block of this franchise.
      When the right proposal is on the table, I think anyone is trade-able. According to BC, he gets many proposals for Andrea, and imo, Andrea was the least likely player to be traded. Besides the Bulls might be as half ass confused as we were by BC's terminology "retooling" and figured they might be able to pry Derozan.

Comment

Part of the business. I'm sure Colangelo has asked around about young players throughout the league as well. You never know unless you ask.

Comment

moreso because they'd be offering shyte back. if i'm BC, i'm willing to listen to any offer for any player...but i can't see him being receptive to moving any of the young players unless they're getting a prospect of equal (or near-equal) value in return. picks are meh, unless CHI has picks from a lottery-bound team that i'm unaware of.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Oh, how I wish that they had a semblance of interest in Weems instead.

And they own the Bobcats' pick. (I don't know for which year though, I'm pretty sure it's unprotected as well.)

Comment

Well stated MangoKid. Pretty bold I'd say.

Comment

HA

If Bryan Colangelo's response on that questions was anything more than an expletive, school marm silence, wildman cackles or "You sendin' Noah?", I'd be disappointed.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                  When the right proposal is on the table, I think anyone is trade-able. According to BC, he gets many proposals for Andrea, and imo, Andrea was the least likely player to be traded. Besides the Bulls might be as half ass confused as we were by BC's terminology "retooling" and figured they might be able to pry Derozan.
                  I totally agree, but do you really think the Bulls were putting anything of real worth on table for Derozan?

Comment

I totally agree, but do you really think the Bulls were putting anything of real worth on table for Derozan?
                    Doubt it. But it's not like they have nothing to offer. If they gave you Brewer + Charlotte's 2012 1st round pick, would you do it?

Comment

If they can offer some draft picks I say trade him. He's nothing special.

EDIT: come to think of it, trade the whole roster.
                      Last edited by Brandon; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: added further thoughts

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                        Doubt it. But it's not like they have nothing to offer. If they gave you Brewer + Charlotte's 2012 1st round pick, would you do it?
                        Yes.
                        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

it doesnt have to be a straight up trade, what if they got a team like okc involved, bulls go in with taj gibson and some other pieces to okc, okc gives us james harden (3rd overall pick in derozans year), and we give up derozan tothe buls, and all the sudden it makes alot of sense.
                          okc needw a interior presence, which is what taj brings, bulls want derozan,
                          in exchange we get harden, good player stuck behind two all-stars in the pecking order, plays good d. everyone goes home happy

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                            Yes.
                            Why? Is Brewer that much better than Derozan in your opinion? If that's the case, why is Chicago seeking a starting 2-guard and looking DeRozan's way?

The 2012 pick is a lotto protected pick. Is that really worth someone who's just beginning to scratch the surface of how good he is?

Comment

Giving up a player who is showing a lot of improvement for a lesser player in a late lotto draft pick in a weak draft class doesn't sound like a great plan in my opinion. Brewer wouldn't be here any longer than a week and suddenly the "trade Brewer" machine would start up.

Comment

Working...
                              X