Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan's Stat Line For January

Nov.
    11.9 PPG, 3.2 REB, 46% FG PCT, 73% FT PCT(3.7 of 5.1 per game), 1.4 AST/TO, 0.6 STL, 0.1 BLK, 2.9 PF

Jan.
    18.5 PPG, 3.9 REB, 44% FG PCT, 85% FT PCT(4.1 of 4.8 per game), 0.8 AST/TO, 1.3 STL, 0.6 BLK, 3.1 PF

Scored more but shot a poorer percentage from the floor and go to the line less. The assist to T/O ratio was bad as well.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Thats a great stat line for january, lets hope he can keep it up, I have also noticed that his defense is a little better while he has been scoring more too, which is terrific.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

It looks like all the stat increases could be because of more playing time. Have his minutes per game gone up? (More steals, blocks, rebounds, fouls and points.)
        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

He averaged 4MPG more in January. There is more going on here than more PT.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            He averaged 4MPG more in January. There is more going on here than more PT.
            Agreed. The one thing that the general stat line doesn't show is the number of big games he had along the way. Also, keep in mind he is doing it without any semblance of a 3pt shot and a midrange jumper that is still a bit wonky.

I'd like to see these numbers maintained the rest of the year before I get too excited. Averaging about 4 rebs and 4 assts for the remainder of the season would also be a nice target for him to hit but may not be realistic.

Comment

I am very pleased with DD progress the last 2 months. He started the season slow anc caused great frustration and worry. I hope he never becomes complacent.

Comment

You have to be happy with DeRozan's progress at this point. His skill level is still far below average in order to be an effective wing in the league, but with another 1-3 years of experience and work in the gym on his handle, range, footwork, etc. he'll get there. More importantly he's showing the desire to work through the growing pains and staying aggressive. The kid's gonna be just fine.

Comment

I would argue he's already an effective wing. On the Raptors he's second in scoring, has the second best shooting % amoung guards and leads the team in trips to the line by 38. He dropped 25 or more six times in January.

Comment

do you win something for 5,000 posts?

Comment

Guys, 18.5 points for a guy who is 21 is great. I'm very happy to see how much DD has improved over the past 18 months.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                        do you win something for 5,000 posts?
                        Didn't even notice I made it to 5000 until I read that. LOL

Comment

Starts February off nice with 20 Pts (on 10-13 shooting), 3 steals, a blocked shot, 5 boards, and not a single turnover

Comment

Roughhide wrote: View Post
                            Starts February off nice with 20 Pts (on 10-13 shooting), 3 steals, a blocked shot, 5 boards, and not a single turnover
                            Didn't get to the line ONCE though... that was a bit curious. Could have had an even better game.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Didn't get to the line ONCE though... that was a bit curious. Could have had an even better game.
                              For the most part they were all very high quality shots. I can live with that from time to time. He really has had some nice moves - up and unders, turn-arounds, head fake, one dribble pull ups. I can live without him having a 3 point shot as well - as long as he is surrounded with a PG and SF who can shoot the long ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X