Only way to get better is to hit rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only way to get better is to hit rock bottom

Long time reader, first time poster..anywhos.

Knowing that we have to lose as many games as it takes to get a top pick in the draft, this losing is actually a good thing. We all know that but when your team loses so much, it gets harder and harder to back them up.
    My concerns are with the senior management guiding this franchise. There is a lack of direction and way too many question marks.
    At this point in time I can only name a few players that are building blocks for the team.
    DeRozan, Davis, Johnson, and Bayless (but I'm even unsure about him).

The franchises only hope to improve is through the draft. A top pick in this draft and likely the next, could provide a glimmer of hope for the future of this team.

Obviously the team the needs to break out of this losing streak, its bringing down morale and everyone on the team seems to be doubting their game. I think Barbosa and Evans will have a large impact when they return. I think Evans is actually having more of impact on the bench then some players that are on the court.

Anyways, basically I think the organization should be giving our "building blocks" more playing time to grow and succeed. Let's take Manny Harris of the Cleveland Cavaliers for example, this guy goes undrafted and is actually starting for the Cav's right now. Their season is over and they know it, so take this opportunity to grow some of your young talent and have them learn now, instead of later. I like to believe this strategy worked with DeMar last year. I would love to see Triano starting Davis and giving him 30 minutes a game and even elevate Bayless' minutes. This kid has a lot to learn but obviously has a lot of potential and if we can nurture that, we could see dividends soon. No knock on Calderon he has been great and a class act for this team but he's only going to decline at the NBA level now, if we are not winning with him, we need to move on.

Also, get rid of weems.

Valid points all around. Ever since the Bosh departure I've been most intent on letting the team grow from within and the development that Demar, Amir and Ed have shown even since we turned the page on 2011 has been impressive. I'd love to have Reggie out there as well at the moment and would not be in a rush to trade him. Having him in street clothes for 2-4 months a year isn't doing much. It would be nice to have some experienced players on the floor or even the bench at this point to help the development and provide a steadying influence. I cringe, however, whenever the trade exemption gets mentioned. I would rather see them move the exemption for more youth and picks. Really, if a team wants to move a guy or a contract for virtually nothing, how much use is he to another team, especially a young one? Keep scouting, keep adding guys who have upside or haven't reached their ceiling. The criteria for being on the roster at this point is whether or not a player is still improving and growing. If not, move 'em out.

Comment

In order to win this team needs to get better defensively. That's all we need. They can score , but offense and defense go hand in hand. You need both to win. This team needs to attract more talent , we need a veteran to whip the team into shape. Possibly a player who may be past their prime but can still provide great leadership. The draft is a good way to improve as well of course but with the draft things may not always pan out. Busts happen all the time so you never know.

Comment

i love how you guys are putting all your hope into the draft, just before you do weigh the positives to negative outcomes we've had in the draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto..._draft_history
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like a pretty weak draft class this year too. Man, too bad it wasn't another Lebron/Wade/CB year..we could pickup a "franchise" guy. Barnes and Kyrie look good..but not even like D Rose caliber

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Unfortunately it looks like a pretty weak draft class this year too. Man, too bad it wasn't another Lebron/Wade/CB year..we could pickup a "franchise" guy. Barnes and Kyrie look good..but not even like D Rose caliber
            I have to disagree.

Irving, if he can get healthy, seems to be the real deal. 17 points, 5 assists on 53% FG, 45% 3pt, 89% FT with nearly 4 rebounds and 2 steals for good measure. It was a limited sample but Coach K has coached for and against a lot of great players and even he was blown away by him - as were his teammates. He is compared to CP3 and I assume that was before the knee injuries.

My fingers are definitely crossed on him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I have to disagree.

Irving, if he can get healthy, seems to be the real deal. 17 points, 5 assists on 53% FG, 45% 3pt, 89% FT with nearly 4 rebounds and 2 steals for good measure. It was a limited sample but Coach K has coached for and against a lot of great players and even he was blown away by him - as were his teammates. He is compared to CP3 and I assume that was before the knee injuries.

My fingers are definitely crossed on him.
              Ya I just hope the injury isn't a sign of him being a future BRoy.
              Give you a couple solid years, then down and out playing 45 games a year for the next 6 years.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                i love how you guys are putting all your hope into the draft, just before you do weigh the positives to negative outcomes we've had in the draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto..._draft_history
                Why not look at B.C's draft history instead..? Enough said, speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                X