No announcement yet.

Kleiza Out For 9-12 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like trey johnson will be sticking around a little longer, and the ron-ron to toronto rumours wil prolly heat up.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Blessing in disguise. Free Julian Wright.

Comment

666 wrote: View Post
        Well this explains his poor play even though he had 11/5 this year.

Very unfortunate. Won't be able to play in the European Championship for Lithuania. Hope you recovers and gets better. But microfracture is a big deal. Few players remain the same caliber once they get it done. Only Stoudemire comes to mind.
        Where did it say he had micro-fracture surgery, it only mentioned a scope.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          what's the difference?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Google his name and news and it will come up. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ne-for-season/

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
              We passed on Beasley fo this?
              Honestly im pretty dissapointed we didint get beasley... hes a second overall pick like wtf. we would have had our starting SF and SG. and davis/amir as a future PF. Bad move on BC's part. the guy derved a chance.
              Last edited by pesterm1; Thu Feb 3, 2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

how would he not have ? or atleast very similar. our SF possition sucks why would he not have done well. and its not like anoyone else is better...

Comment

Wow, he may not play until this time next year. I wish him all the best in his recovery, it will be a long road.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    not surprised, we will next hear barbosa is going to be shut down for the season
                    I had to go out right after my first reply above and as I was pulling out the driveway I thought the exact same thing.

Comment

well...that's a shame (for him). i guess. whatever. he had (or is having) the surgery in vale (CO)...and i must be a prick, because my first thought was that he got hurt skiing.

as far as the team's concerned...meh. it's not like he was lighting the world on fire before he got hurt. considering that there's a strong possibility of a lockout, it's likely he won't miss too much time. maybe he can get back on the court in time to showcase himself before the next (i.e. '12) trade deadline (if there will be such a thing in a shortened season).
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

666 wrote: View Post
                        Google his name and news and it will come up. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ne-for-season/
                        Do we know when he got hurt ? He must have been healthy during the Worlds Game, Did he get during it? Was he hurt when we signed him?

If it is really a Micro surgery, then I am not sure he will be able to recover and be as effective.

Comment

Injury Exception

Do we get one?

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                            Do we get one?
                            I think you have to apply for it but I think we'd get it if we asked for it

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                              Do we get one?
                              i'm pretty sure that there's a deadline in the season (that's already passed) that an injury has to occur by in order for the exception to be available.

specifically:

'DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team which is over the cap to acquire a replacement for a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (if the player is disabled between July 1 and November 30) or the following season (if the player is disabled after November 30). This exception can also be granted in the event of a player's death. This exception can only be used to acquire one player. The maximum salary for the replacement player is 50% of the injured player's salary, or the average salary, whichever is less (see question number 25 for the definition of "average salary"). Approval from the league (based on a determination by an NBA-designated physician) is required for this exception to be used. This exception can be used to sign a free agent, or to create room to accept a salary in trade. When used for trade, the team may acquire a player whose salary (including any trade bonus) is up to 100% of this exception plus $100,000 (not 125%). Also see question number 20 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

If a player is disabled between July 1 and November 30, the team must acquire the replacement player within 45 days. If the player is disabled between December 1 and June 30, then the team has until October 1 to sign a replacement. If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected, then he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected. However, if the disabled player comes back before the exception is used, then the exception is lost.

Teams sometimes have had difficulty getting the NBA to approve an injury exception. For example, Danny Manning tore an ACL toward the end of the 1997-98 season, yet the NBA did not approve the Suns for this exception. More recently, the Magic did not receive this exception in 2003 for Grant Hill. However, this exception was granted in the 1999 offseason to San Antonio, so they could replace Sean Elliott, who was disabled due to kidney problems. This exception was also granted to Charlotte soon after Bobby Phills was killed.

Don't confuse this exception with the salary cap relief teams can apply for a year after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death (see question number 55). This exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the books.'

care of larry coon: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q19

so, i'm guessing they'd have trouble getting an exception approved, since kleiza isn't expected to miss all of next season.
                              Last edited by yertu damkule; Thu Feb 3, 2011, 08:44 PM.
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                                Honestly im pretty dissapointed we didint get beasley... hes a second overall pick like wtf. we would have had our starting SF and SG. and davis/amir as a future PF. Bad move on BC's part. the guy derved a chance.
                                You know BC likes his nice guys no wonder we are a joke in the NBA and keep getting punked. Every NBA team needs a Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin - crazy guys you would want on your side when you are getting punked. What is that saying again - nice guys finish last(and it does not only apply to dating alone).

BC rushed to sign Kleiza as he is at most a bench player. The Kleiza trade reminds me of a lot of patch trades BC has done a la Jason Kapono, Hedo Turkoglu and now Kleiza which is why he needs to go(and asking for the same salary for 5 years when the team you are managing is in the cellar is too audacious of BC, just saying).

Comment

Working...
                                X