Thread: Ed Slips In Rookie Rankings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ed Slips In Rookie Rankings

In his last three games, the Raptors' center has averaged 11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds. Toronto keeps losing (their slide is at 12), but Davis continues to be a bright spot in this frustrating season. In their most recent loss, a 104-93 setback in Indiana, Davis had three blocked shots and helped keep the Raptors in the game. "Active, blocked shots, changed the game when he got in the game," head coach Jay Triano said of Davis. "He was on the floor when we made the run to get back in it and he was on the floor for most of the positive things we did today."
    -- Feb. 1, 10:35 p.m. ET
    Source: NBA.com

They dropped him one but all positive comments. Dude is showing major promise.

Post Thanks / Like

Default PR Rookie/Sophmore Game 'Drop'...

I made a comment on some thread or the other that Davis was left off in favor of Wesley Johnson, Favors and others not even being on the Rookie Ladder and this was after he'd just posted 2 back to back solid games 15/11 in Minny and 13/7 ( I believe it was against Pacers)... I just think they did it to not make his omission from the game not look so glaring...

The League, (i.e. Stern) says Toronto fans are very sensitive about their perception in the US media, then this kinda thing happens two years in a row and you think to yourself, "It is True" !!!
    Last edited by KJ-B; Thu Feb 3rd, 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: missed a word

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, at least when Blake Griffin gets moved up to the big boys' game Davis will probably be the replacement.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    Eh, at least when Blake Griffin gets moved up to the big boys' game Davis will probably be the replacement.
    Davis should get Blake Griffin's spot(though he is in the west lol while Davis is in the East). Well deserved all star pick for Blake Griffin. Kevin Love should have been picked for the all star game too ahead of Tim Duncan(Duncan's season is not an All star season, I see his pick as a lifetime achievement award stuff here).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's to hoping he has another nice game!

Thread Information