Bad Defense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Defense!

Is it just me or does anyone else see our players running back on defense after one of our guys shoots a jumper? More often than not, in my eyes anyway, it seems like non of our players are around to get the rebound after the shot. Reggie lived around the rim waiting for rebounds. Davis does it also but if he is not on the court he can't get them.

Like I said, maybe it's just me but did anyone else in Raptorland notice that also?

P.S. sorry everyone for the wrong Thread Heading.

PEACE
    Last edited by Stahmenah_Vybz; Fri Feb 4, 2011, 02:02 PM. Reason: Wrong Title heading!

how does that describe bad defense? bad offensive rebounding maybe, but you've got to get back on defense. If we had 5 guys go for the offensive board and the other team rebounds, then they fast break and we give up fast break points.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      Is it just me or does anyone else see our players running back on defense after one of our guys shoots a jumper? More often than not, in my eyes anyway, it seems like non of our players are around to get the rebound after the shot. Reggie lived around the rim waiting for rebounds. Davis does it also but if he is not on the court he can't get them.

Like I said, maybe it's just me but did anyone else in Raptorland notice that also?
      I would love for you to explain to us why going back on defense is considered bad defense?

Comment

If you can't get the rebound, hustle in defense. It's transition defense...which they don't seem to do agood job with. We seem to be giving up a lot of fast break points. It isn't a bad thing though.

Comment

The sad part about this observation is they still get beat down the floor for alot fast break points and are a horrible defensive team even though they are back and set up in their defense.
          Deadallus

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            how does that describe bad defense? bad offensive rebounding maybe, but you've got to get back on defense. If we had 5 guys go for the offensive board and the other team rebounds, then they fast break and we give up fast break points.
            You are right. I should have stated bad Offense Rebounding!

Thank you very much for that. Too many late night!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              I would love for you to explain to us why going back on defense is considered bad defense?
              I guess I should have made a clearer point about my observation. It is indeed not a defense thing. Sorry about the confusion. Must agree though that they don't stick around very often to try to get the rebound after shooting.

Comment

Sorry everyone for the wrong title heading!

PEACE (P)eople (E)verywhere (A)re (C)reate (E)qually PEACE, a word to live by!

Comment

If it was only 1 or 2 seasons of bad defense I would blame the players, but because we are going on 3 years of the worst defense in the league, I blame the coaching staff. Its time for Jay Triano to go, I am going to start my own Egypt style protests outside of Air Canada Center until upper management fires JT, see you all there! Someones head must roll, and Triano's is the easiest to chop off, also PJ Carlesimo has proven that he is very good at teaching young teams defensive principles. Defense wins championships gentlemen, and you cant guard heart, if we have those two things on our side we will be ok.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    If it was only 1 or 2 seasons of bad defense I would blame the players, but because we are going on 3 years of the worst defense in the league, I blame the coaching staff. Its time for Jay Triano to go, I am going to start my own Egypt style protests outside of Air Canada Center until upper management fires JT, see you all there! Someones head must roll, and Triano's is the easiest to chop off, also PJ Carlesimo has proven that he is very good at teaching young teams defensive principles. Defense wins championships gentlemen, and you cant guard heart, if we have those two things on our side we will be ok.
                    Don't forget about B.C. also. Put him on that list!

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                      +1 and BC needs to go too - he loves offensive experiments and does not know defense even if it hit him in the face.

Comment

Working...
                      X