Toronto-Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-Philadelphia

This is a trade along the same lines/concept to the Mo Pete trade NOH and OKC made. It could happen before trade deadline or draft day.

Raptors: Nocioni (TPE) and PHI first round pick
    76ers: MIA first round pick

Raptors get a tough, defensive minded 3 to fill in until Kleiza gets back. I think he would be a solid veteran on a young team. He also has an expiring deal next season for $6.6M as 2012-13 is a team option. They will move to the 16 range in the first round from 28 as of now. He is currently out with a broken finger.

76ers: have a payroll of $55M next season and have a 22year old RFA in Thaddeus Young. With Nocioni on the books, they might not be able to keep him.

I like it.

Comment

Good trade. PHI pick would need to be relatively unprotected, and they may simply need Noc around (because they are guard heavy and light on forwards), so there may be some snags out there BUT, that said, not a bad approach at all.

Comment

Another interesting way to look at it is this:

BC: Hey.

Billy King: Hey. Whats up?

BC: TPE for Noc and your first round pick for MIA's first round pick.

BK: No way.

BC: OK. We're going to sign Young to a front loaded offer you won't be able to match.

BK: Oh sh!t. (muffled swearing) Fine we'll do the trade.

Comment

Philly shut down Nocioni for the year. I'd rather try and get Wilson Chandler if the team really wants to address the SF position. My take, ride out Weems then let him go. Have Julian Wright play more. If we get the top pick, we go after Perry Jones. OR, address the SF position for good, then draft a PG.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Jan 31 F Andres Nocioni hasn't played in the past three games after returning from a fractured middle finger for 15 minutes Jan. 24 against Phoenix.

Jan 28 Nocioni (finger) was given a second straight DNP-CD Friday in the Sixers' loss to the Grizzlies.
            Recommendation: Nocioni returned to the lineup Monday and played 15 minutes off the bench, but he hasn't played since. The Sixers are likely just being cautious with his broken right middle finger. It's valiant of Noc to want to play through the injury, but it'd be much more important for the Sixers to have him healthy later in the season than hurt for the rest of the season. They could continue to rest him for a while.

The above is from Yahoo! Fantasy. No mention of shutting him down for the year. Googled it as well and can't find it. If you have a link, please post.

No way the NYK trade Chandler.

You are right on ride out Weems and Wright for now.

I think if Irving can be drafted, take him. This draft has a lot of wings and if one slips a prime spot to pick him up is around 16. Someone like Jordan Hamilton, the wing from San Diego (*EDIT* Kawhi Leonard), Chris Singleton.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Philly shut down Nocioni for the year. I'd rather try and get Wilson Chandler if the team really wants to address the SF position. My take, ride out Weems then let him go. Have Julian Wright play more. If we get the top pick, we go after Perry Jones. OR, address the SF position for good, then draft a PG.
              If the Raptors did this trade, it would be to get a mid first round pick and taking on extra salary to do it. WHo cares if Nocioni doesn't play the rest of the season. Actually it's better if he doesn't.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Jan 31 F Andres Nocioni hasn't played in the past three games after returning from a fractured middle finger for 15 minutes Jan. 24 against Phoenix.

Jan 28 Nocioni (finger) was given a second straight DNP-CD Friday in the Sixers' loss to the Grizzlies.
                Recommendation: Nocioni returned to the lineup Monday and played 15 minutes off the bench, but he hasn't played since. The Sixers are likely just being cautious with his broken right middle finger. It's valiant of Noc to want to play through the injury, but it'd be much more important for the Sixers to have him healthy later in the season than hurt for the rest of the season. They could continue to rest him for a while.

The above is from Yahoo! Fantasy. No mention of shutting him down for the year. Googled it as well and can't find it. If you have a link, please post.

No way the NYK trade Chandler.

You are right on ride out Weems and Wright for now.

I think if Irving can be drafted, take him. This draft has a lot of wings and if one slips a prime spot to pick him up is around 16. Someone like Jordan Hamilton, the wing from San Diego (*EDIT* Kawhi Leonard), Chris Singleton.
                I did see it as late as two weeks ago. I guess it has been amended by either the team or the player (wanting to play through). I'm not sure if Philly would be willing to give up it's pick (unless they're desperate to really shed salary). It looks like Philly is not lottery bound so they may not be as in love with their pick and decide to give it away for salary relief. I prefer getting Thaddeus Young though (from that team). I also don't want the team to have a glut of three's in the roster. Better to wait. Perhaps we also have a chance on Green or drafting a good SF.

This upcoming draft is really going to be interesting for this team with draft picks coming our way (i don't buy this draft as being weak. There's no LeBron's in it but there is plenty enough from top to bottom).
                Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Feb 6, 2011, 11:07 AM.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  I did see it as late as two weeks ago. I guess it has been amended by either the team or the player (wanting to play through). I'm not sure if Philly would be willing to give up it's pick (unless they're desperate to really shed salary). It looks like Philly is not lottery bound so they may not be as in love with their pick and decide to give it away for salary relief. I prefer getting Thaddeus Young though (from that team). I also don't want the team to have a glut of three's in the roster. Better to wait. Perhaps we also have a chance on Green or drafting a good SF.

This upcoming draft is really going to be interesting for this team with draft picks coming our way (i don't buy this draft as being weak. There's no LeBron's in it but there is plenty enough from top to bottom).
                  Philly do it, so they can re-sign Young, who I also like but Philly would only give him up for young talent.

Comment

Personally, I love Nocioni. And anything to move up spots in the draft is A-ok with me - moving up 12 spots at the moment - that's huge.

Comment

BC: OK. We're going to sign Young to a front loaded offer you won't be able to match.

i think thats tampering LOl. but i like the idea
                      http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Billy King is Jersey's GM. Ed Stefanski is Philadelphia's GM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          Billy King is Jersey's GM. Ed Stefanski is Philadelphia's GM.
                          Right you are. I forgot. Stefanski replaced Billy King in Philly and now Billy King is the GM of New Jersey where Stefanski was once GM. This is feeling like a soap opera where every character has banged every other character's significant other at one time or another or currently.

Comment

Working...
                          X