Colangelo working the phones for Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo working the phones for Nash

Sources say Atlanta, Orlando, Portland and, yes, his old friends from Dallas are among the playoff-bound teams that have repeatedly told Phoenix that they're ready to discuss Nash scenarios as soon as the Suns are. Toronto and Minnesota, sources say, are two lottery-bound teams that rank as frequent callers, although Nash would figure to have a fair measure of say on where he goes in any potential deal because (A) he's only got one year left on his contract after this season and could refuse to sign an extension if he doesn't like the landing spot, and (B) it's widely assumed that Phoenix won't just trade Nash anywhere after so many years of good service and the mere fact he came back to the Suns after they initially dealt him to the Mavs on draft day in 1998.
    Source: ESPN.com

We can only dream!

I know the guy would probably rather go play with a contender, but I'm thinking he'd like to play for Toronto and could really be a productive veteran presence in the locker room..
    Last edited by Apollo; Sat Feb 5, 2011, 06:52 PM. Reason: Formatting

I saw this earlier today and place little faith in it. I wouldn't be opposed but Calderon would have to go someplace first because you can guarantee PHX isn't trading the franchise for Jose.

Comment

That would just be cruel to Nash, he deserves to win a Championship.

Comment

He's staying in Phoenix. That would be the worst case scenario. I don't understand Dallas (as they have Kidd), perhaps Portland. Hmm, maybe the Lakers sneak in huh?
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I heard something about Nash going to the Lakers a few weeks back. I also don't see him going to the Raps. He is in the twilight of his career and he wants a ring. The Lakers are the most legit condensers so it's seems most likely.

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
            I heard something about Nash going to the Lakers a few weeks back. I also don't see him going to the Raps. He is in the twilight of his career and he wants a ring. The Lakers are the most legit condensers so it's seems most likely.

The Lakers don't have the assets to trade for Nash, unless you're talking Bynum or Odom; also, there is a general belief that Nash would not thrive in the Triangle.

Comment

Huge Nash fan but no thanks...

In my opinion is makes no sense at all for the Raptors to go after him UNLESS it only involves the TPE and expiring contacts. Even then I'm not so sure. I mean he's going on 37 years old and how much does he have left in the tank?

Dallas makes sense because Dirk and Nash have superb chemistry and like Nash, Kidd is up there in age. They could spell each other and even play together at times as Jason Kidd is a very good defender and rebounder and could easily guard opposing SG's.

Personally, I think the best places for him that were listed are the Magic and Hawks. Either of those would be excellent. I'm almost thinking the Hawks would be the best because with him in the lineup they would resemble those exciting Suns teams that helped him earn MVPs. Nash on the Hawks would make them a contender. Nash with D12 would be a great too but Hedo's presence probably would end up messing it up.
              Last edited by Apollo; Sat Feb 5, 2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

More appropriately we would be involved in a multi-team trade that allowed us to get a resource. Whether that is draft picks, a good addition to the team, or more Cap freedom. Nash will not come here. Maybe in a few years, if we get competitive, he might be willing to come home and play out his career.

And would that not be cool.
                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  In my opinion is makes no sense at all for the Raptors to go after him UNLESS it only involves the TPE and expiring contacts. Even then I'm not so sure. I mean he's going on 37 years old and how much does he have left in the tank?

Dallas makes sense because Dirk and Nash have superb chemistry and like Nash, Kidd is up there in age. They could spell each other and even play together at times as Jason Kidd is a very good defender and rebounder and could easily guard opposing SG's.

Personally, I think the best places for him that were listed are the Magic and Hawks. Either of those would be excellent. I'm almost thinking the Hawks would be the best because with him in the lineup they would resemble those exciting Suns teams that helped him earn MVPs. Nash on the Hawks would make them a contender. Nash with D12 would be a great too but Hedo's presence probably would end up messing it up.
                  If the rasps got steve nash its probably just a scheme to get some people in the seats for the second half of the season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Presence of a guy like Nash, for his leadership, character and experiences in the locker room is worth 10 times more than the athelatic ability of a young talent.

Raps were ONLY successful when they had a strong , well respected leaders in their Locker room. Since then, they have placed their faith on guys who are not Leaders or just because they are their best players, they should carry the extra responsibility of being a leader as well.

If we are honest about going to young and start a youth movement here, then a guy like Nash is vital to our fuure and will ensure our succes.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      That would just be cruel to Nash, he deserves to win a Championship.
                      agreed, the only places i could see him going in the east are miami,atlanta,new york, and maybe orlando.

ofcourse, he'd love to come here. but, unless we plan on becoming championship contenders by next year by making a serious amount of trades/signings, it wouldn't be fair unless we have him as a rental player for the rest of this year.

i would be upset if he actually re-signed here.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I hope we don't see Nash here, it would be really depressing to see him end his career on such a flatline. I personally want him to go to Atlanta, or even Dallas, just so he might be on a contending team.

Comment

New York is the place for Nash...in a deal centered around felton...then add carmelo in the off season via free agency...dirty team.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                            New York is the place for Nash...in a deal centered around felton...then add carmelo in the off season via free agency...dirty team.
                            That might actually work because:

PHX will never get full value for Nash. In this they would get a young PG who has shown he can play D'Antoni/Gentry system but he is a much better defensive player. NYK would have to throw in one of their younger players (Chandler? Fields? Gallo?) plus a future draft pick (if it is true they can actually get one). Melo joins this summer regardless. Nash contract expires when he is turning 39 and CP3 is a UFA at the same time. If NYK keep Felton, his contract is up at the same time (only signed a 2 year deal).

Total speculation but it certainly adds up.

Comment

Dallas can put together a number of attractive packages for both Nash and Grant Hill. I'd like to see them go to that team because Nash has a lot of friends there and a lot of weapons to use. That would be a bit of a superteam and might win it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X