View Poll Results: Who Will Win More Games in 10-11 Raptors or Leafs & How Many Will They Win Combined?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raptors Will Win More - Combined Wins Under 40

2 22.22%
  • Raptors Will Win More - Combined Wins Between 41 and 50

0 0%
  • Raptors Will Win More - Combined Wins Between 51 - 60

1 11.11%
  • Raptors Will Win More - Combined Wins More Than 60

2 22.22%
  • Leafs Will Win More - Combined Wins Under 40

1 11.11%
  • Leafs Will Win More - Combined Wins Between 41 - 50

0 0%
  • Leafs Will Win More - Combined Wins Between 51 - 60

2 22.22%
  • Leafs Will Win More - Combined Wins More Than 60

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Will More Games in 2010-11 - The Raptors or the Leafs?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Will More Games in 2010-11 - The Raptors or the Leafs?

So who do you gals/guys think will win more in their respective season and how many games will they win combined?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bout the same somewhere around 30-35 wins. I don't see the Leafs having under 30 wins. The raptors I think will get 30 aswell. The raptors declined this off season but added some good pieces in Kleiza and Barbosa. The leafs didn't lose any players but gained Versteeg and Armstrong two respectable scorers. Both teams are young aswell. Think the leafs will win more though.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    Bout the same somewhere around 30-35 wins. I don't see the Leafs having under 30 wins. The raptors I think will get 30 aswell. The raptors declined this off season but added some good pieces in Kleiza and Barbosa. The leafs didn't lose any players but gained Versteeg and Armstrong two respectable scorers. Both teams are young aswell. Think the leafs will win more though.
    So maybe I set the bottom bar of under 40 too low?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter cornbreadd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the leafs. Scoring may be a problem but their defence corps is one of the best in the league, and they also have a proven scorer and top line talent in Kessel

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's highly unlikely that both teams will win less than 40 combined games

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think that the departure of Bosh will mean much. I mean look at the Blue Jays. After Roy Halladay was traded to the Phillies, the consensus amongst sports writers was that the Jays were going to be a 100 loss team. Not the case at 76-74 after tonights victory over Seattle, they may not be in a playoff spot, but they've sure managed to prove most people wrong. Most in part to the fact that their starting rotation has been just good enough and their offense is lighting up the homers which works in both good and bad ways. Plus the only team that will lose 100 is the Pittsburgh Pirates, a terrible franchise if there ever was one. I think the Pitt Panthers are more popular that the Pirates

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

leafs will deffiately win more games this year, no more then 8 wins apart but they aree deffinately farther along in the rebuilding process then the dinos

Post Thanks / Like

the leafs win more they are furthur along in their path to rebuilding. the leafs are on the cusp of being contenders, they are likely a year or 2 away to consider them stanley cup contenders. where as the raptors are just starting their rebuilding or re-tooling process. the raps win a max of 35 games, and i think the leafs make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and get bounced in round 1. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER SEE BELOW :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YKR23 wrote: View Post
    the leafs win more they are furthur along in their path to rebuilding. the leafs are on the cusp of being contenders, they are likely a year or 2 away to consider them stanley cup contenders. where as the raptors are just starting their rebuilding or re-tooling process. the raps win a max of 35 games, and i think the leafs make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and get bounced in round 1. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER SEE BELOW :P
    The Leafs suck, I don't remember a season where Leafs fans didn't consider them a contender. Raps are gonna be better hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as it pains me to admit it, it'll be the Leafs that win the mor games of the two. They're solid in goal and on D, added better players for their bottom 9. ANd as one posted pointed out, they're further along in the re-building phase.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    As much as it pains me to admit it, it'll be the Leafs that win the mor games of the two. They're solid in goal and on D, added better players for their bottom 9. ANd as one posted pointed out, they're further along in the re-building phase.
    They didn't look too good on D or in goal last night, 5-0 Ottawa. Preseason yes, but they're still gonna suck! No playoffs again...

Raps will win 30, Leafs 28.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    They didn't look too good on D or in goal last night, 5-0 Ottawa. Preseason yes, but they're still gonna suck! No playoffs again...

Bro, it's pre-season. Guys are just going through the motions, shaking off the rust and half of the players on the Leafs will be in the AHL or sent back to their respective junior teams.
    Leafs will be closer to the playoffs than the Raptors will be (and I'm not even a Leafs fan). Raps have too many holes to sniff a playoff spot. Raps will win 27 games, Leafs will win 35-38 games.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

raptors will win more leafs are so shit they showed you what they have to offer yesterday with a 5-0 lost to the sens and that was only a preseason game plus the sens didnt even have thier star players . the raptors are gunna be fine bosh leaving was a good thing it gives chances to young talented player like derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors15vc wrote: View Post
    raptors will win more leafs are so shit they showed you what they have to offer yesterday with a 5-0 lost to the sens and that was only a preseason game plus the sens didnt even have thier star players . the raptors are gunna be fine bosh leaving was a good thing it gives chances to young talented player like derozan
    So one pre-season game makes a season? ANd what if the Raps get blown out their first pre-season game?

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post

so youre telling me a team that has a star player in kessel a stanley cup winning goalie and a top end defence will lose more games than a team who just lost there only player even closely remebling a star player and is relying on second year players like weems and derozan and an unproven rookie to make it in an ever-improved east? thats like saying toronto only needs kadri and bozak to get them to the play-offs......give ur head a shake twice lol

Post Thanks / Like

leafs suck, oilers is the way to go guys.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    leafs suck, oilers is the way to go guys.
    Oilers are dirt mongers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Oilers are dirt mongers
    Really? do we have to go with the name calling? in thats case at least we have our first round pick....

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    so youre telling me a team that has a star player in kessel a stanley cup winning goalie and a top end defence will lose more games than a team who just lost there only player even closely remebling a star player and is relying on second year players like weems and derozan and an unproven rookie to make it in an ever-improved east? thats like saying toronto only needs kadri and bozak to get them to the play-offs......give ur head a shake twice lol
    You know what, it may turn out that I'm wrong, but I just see the same boring ass Leaf team as every year. Aside from Kessel, where's their goal scoring coming from? Both GM's are great salesmen, but I don't think either are close to having a contending team.

By the way, last time I checked 30 wins is nowhere close to making the playoffs in the NBA. The Raps are gonna surprise a few teams this season with their athleticism(at least I hope) and I feel they're a little closer to sneaking into the playoffs than the Leafs.

That Stanley Cup was almost 7 years ago for Giguere, he's nowhere near the same goaltentender....
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information