X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in there Raps fans...

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings...n/2011/week/15

Just a friendly reminder from Stein's Power Rankings:

OKC 33-17 Amid the obsession with the Thunder's dips on D and on the glass compared to last season, sometimes we could all do with a little perspective: OKC was mired at 12-38 at the 50-game mark as recently as February 2009.

Wow. puts some perspective on things. We still do not have a KD on our team though. Unless DeRozan does some crazy development this summer. Maybe Sonny Weems will the one who pushes us over the edge (I'm just saying that because I know it will make people cringe )

Comment

Well, we don't have a game-changer like KD. OKC also do not have player(s) that hindered the development of it's identity. I'll leave it at that.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        Wow. puts some perspective on things. We still do not have a KD on our team though. Unless DeRozan does some crazy development this summer. Maybe Sonny Weems will the one who pushes us over the edge (I'm just saying that because I know it will make people cringe )
        Yes. Yes I am about to do this. Food for thought. Durant as a rookie vs. DeRozan in January. Durant as rookie: ready for NBA out of the box. DeRozan as a rookie: a project. Hence the unbalanced comparison. Again, just a thought experiment.

Durant as a rookie:

20.3 ppg on 43% shooting. 4.4 rpg, -1.2 ast:TO ratio, 1.0 stl. 87% from the line at 5.6 attempts per game

Derozan in January

18.5 ppg on 44% shooting. 3.9 rpg, .08 ast:TO ratio, 1.3 stl. 85% from the line at 4.8 attempts per game.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          Yes. Yes I am about to do this. Food for thought. Durant as a rookie vs. DeRozan in January. Durant as rookie: ready for NBA out of the box. DeRozan as a rookie: a project. Hence the unbalanced comparison. Again, just a thought experiment.

Durant as a rookie:

20.3 ppg on 43% shooting. 4.4 rpg, -1.2 ast:TO ratio, 1.0 stl. 87% from the line at 5.6 attempts per game

Derozan in January

18.5 ppg on 44% shooting. 3.9 rpg, .08 ast:TO ratio, 1.3 stl. 85% from the line at 4.8 attempts per game.
          Wow... he actually just did that... ballsy. I can appreciate it, but you're probably going to have to expand on those numbers with your thoughts, though if you're going to be bold enough to make the comparison. haha

I always believed Demar just needed time. His one college season is a perfectly compressed version of his 'hopeful' career.
          Slow to begin with. Lurking in the shadows. Learning the game. Being the 'Grass Hopper'.
          Bursts on to the scene and only gets better, turning into a real on-the-court leader. Leads team to quasi-greatness. haha

He's improved in the areas that he needs to; but he needs to continue to improve. Right now the sky's the limit, though. So I'll let you have the comparison.

Comment

Idk why everbody hates weems. The dude has potential and U guys do remember who won us that orlando game right? Give the guy a break.

Comment

For every great play he does he makes 10 cringe worthy ones
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                Idk why everbody hates weems. The dude has potential and U guys do remember who won us that orlando game right? Give the guy a break.
                I'm with you, i've liked weems since day one. Problem is he doesn't like passing it. Kind of like Kleiza. With guys like that fighting for minutes you are going to get a lot of turn around fade away jumpers... maybe if he gets more time he could due justice to mo' petes old number (minus the 3s)

Comment

WBG416 wrote: View Post
                  I'm with you, i've liked weems since day one. Problem is he doesn't like passing it. Kind of like Kleiza. With guys like that fighting for minutes you are going to get a lot of turn around fade away jumpers... maybe if he gets more time he could due justice to mo' petes old number (minus the 3s)
                  ya thats true. During fast breaks at times when he gets the ball he just fires away without thinking. If he could work on not taking random shots then he could be pretty good. He could also be a good 3pt shooter, he just needs to work on that.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post

Durant as a rookie:

Derozan in January

3PT
                    Rookie years: Durant 59/202 (28.8%) | Demar 4/16 (25%)
                    Sophomore year: Durant 97/203(42.2%) | Demar 2/26 (7.7%)

FTA
                    Sophomore year: Durant 7.1 | Demar 4.8

Comment

Working...
                    X