Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys On The Block... Anyone Catch Your Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    I like the subtle jab on Bargs. Yikes, i shouldnt have said his name, should i? hehehe
    I think we all know, even if not all agree, if we knew how Bargs was gonna turn up, the Raps shouldnt have paid him that much.

Id be ok with paying iguodala 15mil.
    I wasn't trying to intentionally bash Andrea...... just attempting to make a comparison of sorts. I actually think that Andrea's salary is in line with his offensive numbers, there are just other weaknesses that even things out in the end.

I'd be ok paying Iguodala that money as well. It's a little bit more than he should be getting mind you, but he would be the best swing they've had in a long time and would be a good partnership with DeRozan on the wing.

Comment

Iggy is not the solution. He's a complementary piece being paid Superstar money. Colangelo didn't put himself in postion to have great flexibility leading up to the draft only to toss it away on a guy who can't be a strong leader in the locker room and can't take over the game on the court.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Iggy is not the solution. He's a complementary piece being paid Superstar money. Colangelo didn't put himself in postion to have great flexibility leading up to the draft only to toss it away on a guy who can't be a strong leader in the locker room and can't take over the game on the court.
        ..or who defers to his teammates in the clutch.

Comment

A second round pick for either Childress, Jeffries, or Pryzbilla and that's it. This team will need another vet once Evans leaves. I thought Granger's defence was overrated and that's why Indiana is open to moving him.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

boozer is getting 14mil and he compliments rose
            gasol-17mil, bynum-14mil and they both compliment kobe
            bosh, wade, lbj-14mil and they compliment each other

iguodala is 15/6/6 almost 2stls a game and almost a block with a 47%FG
            on a offensive-laden team. he's avg 11 shots a game, while demar gets 12.
            we all think that he's the the sixers franchise player but the shots are pretty much scattered. does he demand the ball? maybe not that much but its proven you give him the ball, he can score. im pretty sure he's a good defender too.

only concern is his age.

im not saying he's the answer to all our woes, but he cant be that bad of an acquisition.
            and he's had game winners.

id rather get a younger, cheaper piece.
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Feb 8, 2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Id be ok with paying iguodala 15mil.
              It should be noted that none of Lebron-Wade-Bosh are even making $15M this year.
              For Iggy to get $15M is not smart spending. In my opinion.

Philadelphia has had far superior talent around him in the past few years than Toronto could even dream of, and they haven't done f*ck all. Dudes a loser.

If we could steal away Thad Young, now THEN I would listen.

Comment

boozer is getting 14mil and he compliments rose
                gasol-17mil, bynum-14mil and they both compliment kobe
                bosh, wade, lbj-14mil and they compliment each other

iguodala is 15/6/6 almost 2stls a game and almost a block with a 47%FG
                on a offensive-laden team. he's avg 11 shots a game, while demar gets 12.
                we all think that he's the the sixers franchise player but the shots are pretty much scattered. does he demand the ball? maybe not that much but its proven you give him the ball, he can score. im pretty sure he's a good defender too.

only concern is his age.

im not saying he's the answer to all our woes, but he cant be that bad of an acquisition.
                and he's had game winners.

id rather get a younger, cheaper piece.
                So who is Iguodala complementing here? The two teams you mentioned already had a load of talent on their team - Chicago had Rose, Deng, Noah. Lakers had Kobe, Bynum, Odom..When Boozer landed with the Bulls, they were already a decent team on the rise and now with Boozer in the fold, they are contenders for the Eastern crown. When LA acquired Gasol, they were already a good team and Gasol was already an all-star. He put them over the top.

Point being here is that these teams already had a boatload of talent (all-star(s)) on their respective squads and added pieces - both Gasol and Boozer were thought of as complementary pieces but are all-stars.
                I don't think we're in any position to comparing those teams to ours. We're not the Lakers and not the Bulls. Definitely not the Heat.
                If we were in a better position, I might entertain the thought, but at this point, it doesn't make sense to bring him in..and probably have to pay a handsome price to get him to boot (likely Davis or DeRozan would have to be included, plus a draft selection for starters)
                Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Feb 8, 2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I'm very very surprised no one has mentioned Biedrins, a 24-year-old center who would be the perfect anti-dote to Bargnani. Of course he would take away minutes from Amir and Ed, but if we send Reggie to GS as part of the deal, it could work.

Here's a quick shot at the trade machine...
                  http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4jmgv39

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    I'm very very surprised no one has mentioned Biedrins, a 24-year-old center who would be the perfect anti-dote to Bargnani. Of course he would take away minutes from Amir and Ed, but if we send Reggie to GS as part of the deal, it could work.

Here's a quick shot at the trade machine...
                    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4jmgv39
                    It's because he's fragile. He's struggled with ankle and back injuries. He also committs a ton of fouls while he's out on the court.

ps - I can't see the Warriors taking that deal. You might have to sweeten it a bit.

Comment

i agree. but as ive always said, we dont know what the current players are thinking. demar has already come out and said he hates losing. if we put two more losing seasons under his belt, what can prevent him from requesting a trade? and then what? one of our cornerstones is gone again and so we get another player to develop. we as fans can probably endure more losing seasons, but the players? who knows.

okc is a fluke. the stars were aligned when they moved to OKC and got showered with blessings from god, Buddha, Mohammad and all the other gods. and they just clicked. i mean for that to happen is a one to million shot. it just so happened the right players, with the right talents, with the right attitudes just converged into one team. OKC is the type of team that will make you think, who knew? it wasnt a sure thing but it just happened and worked wonders.
                      Well Of course Demar hates losing. In his mind I'm sure that he believes that he is one of the guys that has to step up for this team to win as well. This core is still extremely young and as they grow together and add some pieces in they will grow into a very good ball team. What he thinks and what actually happens could be two very different things but who knows. Demar is still only 21 years old and I don't think he's gonna quit working his ass off until he was won a championship.

Comment

Is he really making superstar money?

This great flexibility you are referring to will provide what for the Raps next year? Do you even want Bryan Colangelo with financial flexibility? When he's had it here in the past he has found exciting ways to use it and still not gain much or improve the teams fortunes.

Not sure about AI's leadership abilities with Philly but I do agree with you that he can't readily take over the game on the court but how many players can, and does he have to be able to do or better yet is that a prerequisite to making $15mill a year? He impacts the game in a variety of ways and there are few swings in the league that have a diverse skill-set as his.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                          Is he really making superstar money?
                          After this season he'll average $14.7M/yr over the final three seasons. That puts him in line with Wade, James, Paul, Deron Williams, and Paul Pierce.

This great flexibility you are referring to will provide what for the Raps next year? Do you even want Bryan Colangelo with financial flexibility? When he's had it here in the past he has found exciting ways to use it and still not gain much or improve the teams fortunes.
                          That flexibility hedge's the Raptors against a new CBA that could see the league taking a significant cap cut and hard cap implementation.

Not sure about AI's leadership abilities with Philly but I do agree with you that he can't readily take over the game on the court but how many players can, and does he have to be able to do or better yet is that a prerequisite to making $15mill a year?
                          Yeah, sure. Why not.

He impacts the game in a variety of ways and there are few swings in the league that have a diverse skill-set as his.
                          So does Rashard Lewis but do you see dozens lined up willing to pay him $22M next season and $24M the season after?
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 8, 2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I would take Childress maybe. Still overpaid at $6mil a year though. I think he could be good with some PT.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              It should be noted that none of Lebron-Wade-Bosh are even making $15M this year.
                              For Iggy to get $15M is not smart spending. In my opinion.

Philadelphia has had far superior talent around him in the past few years than Toronto could even dream of, and they haven't done f*ck all. Dudes a loser.

If we could steal away Thad Young, now THEN I would listen.
                              if you can pay bosh or wade or lbj 15mil to play here then that would be awesome, but the thing is, everybody knows if the heat can pay them 30mil each the heat would but they cant.

i dont know about far-superior talent. the only all-star theyve gotten so far is brand. and he's injured every year.
                              like i said before, iguodala aint a franchise player, he aint the answer for the raps, but he'd be a good piece to have.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                So who is Iguodala complementing here? The two teams you mentioned already had a load of talent on their team - Chicago had Rose, Deng, Noah. Lakers had Kobe, Bynum, Odom..When Boozer landed with the Bulls, they were already a decent team on the rise and now with Boozer in the fold, they are contenders for the Eastern crown. When LA acquired Gasol, they were already a good team and Gasol was already an all-star. He put them over the top.

Point being here is that these teams already had a boatload of talent (all-star(s)) on their respective squads and added pieces - both Gasol and Boozer were thought of as complementary pieces but are all-stars.
                                I don't think we're in any position to comparing those teams to ours. We're not the Lakers and not the Bulls. Definitely not the Heat.
                                If we were in a better position, I might entertain the thought, but at this point, it doesn't make sense to bring him in..and probably have to pay a handsome price to get him to boot (likely Davis or DeRozan would have to be included, plus a draft selection for starters)
                                i was trying to prove 2 things, one, you can pay a complimentary player 15mil, doesnt have to be tier 1. second, 15mil for a player like iguodala is something the raps can shoulder and would be a good piece to build with, not around. im kinda lazy to check but is there another player with the same numbers as iggy but paid significantly less?

Comment

Working...
                                X