Thread: Trade Deadline:

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade Deadline:

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...oronto_Raptors

Let the trade deadline begin!!!

Great Read...Total Agreement!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors are over 25 games under .500, but their long-term situation is infinitely more promising than a good percentage of the NBA's non-playoff teams.
    I've been saying this for a whiile. I'd rather be a Raps fan than SAC, MIN, NJ etc.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors are over 25 games under .500, but their long-term situation is infinitely more promising than a good percentage of the NBA's non-playoff teams.
    /Nuff said.

I don't care what BC does as long as he doesn't try to get a quick fix.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've been saying this for a whiile. I'd rather be a Raps fan than SAC, MIN, NJ etc.
    Why?I think that thoose teams have a better roster than the raps.Better talent that might translate to succes in the next years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote core2man wrote: View Post
    Why?I think that thoose teams have a better roster than the raps.Better talent that might translate to succes in the next years.
    Well just as you said, that is what YOU think. We disagree. And so does the author.
    They all have good talent (I use that loosely obviously.), don't get me wrong, its in the contracts and flexibility where they will be hurt. And I'm pretty sure that is what the autho is alluding to as well. The Raptors have more options in the direction in which they choose too better the team. Those teams are almost solely reliant on the fact that the players will get better. Which is NOT always the case.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't agree wtih RG

The RealGM article makes too many assumptions, and then forms it's opinion on what's next for the Raptors. Personally, I think BC is staying, and so is Bargnani. Why waste time trying to identify scenarios that won't occur.

Jose could very well stay, unless an offer was made that actually made sense (and not just about getting rid of him). If Toronto lands a PG in the draft (that is rated very high), Bayless could find himself gone. Jose would tutor the new guy, and give way to a secondary role as time marched on.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you guys think if we traded our pick for Rubio?

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sold on Rubio. A bit too much hype for what he has accomplished with the competition in Euroleague and Spain this year. He is having a problem with his shot especially.

Post Thanks / Like

Minnesota, in my opinion, is in a strong position for the future as well. Their best player is a lot better than the Raptors' best player. Out of the four mentioned I would place the Raptors first and the Wolves second but it's close. Kevin Love is a total beast.

One thought on Rubio. He wasn't drafted to be a jump shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Minnesota, in my opinion, is in a strong position for the future as well. Their best player is a lot better than the Raptors' best player. Out of the four mentioned I would place the Raptors first and the Wolves second but it's close. Kevin Love is a total beast.
    I'll agree with that actually.

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    One thought on Rubio. He wasn't drafted to be a jump shooter.
    Fact. Also, Jose had a crap jumpshot when he first came over as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So did MJ

Post Thanks / Like

So did Chris Bosh and by the time he left Toronto he had built his shot up to the point where he is now one of the more efficient scorers in the league. Shooting can be fixed rather quickly with hard work and good coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    I'd do it in a second. He's better than any prospect in this year's draft.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd hate it. There is no way I'd trade top 5 draft pick for a guy who has serious attitude probs.

Post Thanks / Like

If it came down picking Kyrie Irving or trade the pick for Rubio; I'd take Irving.

Post Thanks / Like

If it came down picking Kyrie Irving or trade the pick for Rubio; I'd take Irving.
    I'd like to see how Irving plays coming back from injury first before I'd even entertain the thought of taking him over a Rubio deal.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 joey and if it even came down to choosing Terrence Jones or Rubio, I'd go instead for Terrence Jones too lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubio is more of a difference maker than Jones. Hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Rubio is more of a difference maker than Jones. Hands down.
    How can you say 'Hands down' though... that's being a little presumptious isn't it? Do you watch Rubio play on a consistent basis?.. Do you watch Jones? I'd say TJo has a chance to be a REAL difference maker if you look at his combination of defense/athleticism/Heart.
    Rubio just seems like a bit of a primadonna.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubio has been a punching bag around here for a while now. People, the guy has an ungodly amount of talent and he's only 20 years old. Sure, he's had some struggles as of late but overall he's still been very good this past year. I think we forget that we're not talking about a kid playing NCAA basketball against other kids. Rubio is overseas playing against men. If he were playing NCAA ball he'd be looking crazy good right now and if had he been declaring this season he'd probably go #1.

Kevin Durant after facing Rubio on August 23rd of last year:
    While Kevin Durant managed to block Rubio’s last-gasp attempt at the close, the Oklahoma City forward came away impressed from his first brush with the 19-year-old.

“He’s an amazing defender, that’s one thing that stood out to me is how well he pressured the ball and disrupted our offense,” said Durant, who led the game with 25 points. “He’s flashy, he’s crafty as well and the passes he did tonight were kind of amazing.”
    Coach K:
    U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski expects Rubio to be a great NBA guard as he continues to physically grow.

“He’s gotten bigger and he plays outstanding defense, and because he’s a pass-first guard — he’s going to be liked by everybody who plays with him,” said Krzyzewski, whose U.S. team came up against Rubio in the Olympic final two years ago. “He’s improved his shooting and he’s not afraid.”
    Derrick Rose:
    “It was great just to test him. He’s a young player and he played great,” Rose said. “He really runs the offense well … I think he’s ready for the NBA.”
    Source:timerwolves.basketball-news-update.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information