Hedo Out, Wright In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo Out, Wright In

Boooo .... I was hoping that Weems would get the start in place of Hedo instead of Wright. But perhaps Jay wants his energy still coming off the bench instead.

The Raptors are beaten up, too.

Hedo Turkoglu (knee) and Jose Calderon (hip) won't be available against the Celtics, forcing coach Jay Triano to alter his rotations.

Toronto has been getting by with Jarrett Jack and Marcus Banks handling point guard duties, but Antoine Wright, who lost his minutes to the more athletic Sonny Weems when Toronto began its recent hot streak, will get an emergency start in place of Turkoglu.
    Source - Click here

I think that evens up the game talent wise.

Boston without Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo (their three best players), Marquis Daniels and Glen Davis (their 7th + 9th men) ... and the Raptors without Hedo Turkoglu (second or third best player).

It should be an interesting game.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Hopefully Wright takes advantage of this opportunity and steps it up tonight. He has been a disappointment for the most part thus far this season. Lets' see some of that lockdown D we've been hearing about. (Tony Allen is not exactly an offensive juggernaut so it shouldn't be hard to contain him).

Comment

i am really not feeling wright .. i dont know if its his confidence but he is off his game..
        ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Hopefully Wright takes advantage of this opportunity and steps it up tonight. He has been a disappointment for the most part thus far this season. Lets' see some of that lockdown D we've been hearing about. (Tony Allen is not exactly an offensive juggernaut so it shouldn't be hard to contain him).
          Wright will probably on the other Allen. So lets see if Wright is in the mood to fight through multiple screens and contest Ray`s smooth jumpshot

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
            Wright will probably on the other Allen. So lets see if Wright is in the mood to fight through multiple screens and contest Ray`s smooth jumpshot
            Jesus Shuttlesworth will be a tough cover for whoever does get that assignment. He's got a silky smooth shot and is among the best in the league in moving without the ball, finding his position, making cuts etc.

Comment

Working...
            X