Who will become who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will become who?

Looking at the current Raps, which superstar/legend do you think each Raptor can potentially be compared to at the peak of their careers?

and please no mushy BS like "they should be their own man" or "they can never be superstars, all-stars" crap. just play the game.

Demar - Ray Allen. No problem scoring but cannot put up other stats.
    Bargs - Rik Smits. Can score but not a good rebounder for a big man.
    Amir - Antonio Davis. grit and hustle. not a double digit scorer but decent rebounder.
    E. Davis - potentially, and ill say it again, potentially, maybe Kevin Garnett. Knows his way around the basket, good shotblocker and rebounder.
    Bayless - Barbosa.
    Calderon - Mark Price. good FT shooter, good 3PT shooter. can score but not much, can pass but not not a double-digit ast player.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:57 PM.

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Bayless - Barbosa.
    I imagine Triano sitting with Bayless in the locker room being like "Listen Jerryd.. we really like your game here.. and we see alot of potential, and the future for you is very bright... as long as you become THAT guy.... Leandro, come over here man! Where do you get your hair cut, Leandro?... so, Jerryd, start going to that barber... and how good can you pull off the brazilian accent? How much do you make per year? I'm sure you could work some plastic surgery in there somehow. and could you start missing 3 pointers so badly that they make grown men cry?"
    Last edited by heinz57; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      I imagine Triano sitting with Bayless in the locker room being like "Listen Jerryd.. we really like your game here.. and we see alot of potential, and the future for you is very bright... as long as you become THAT guy.... Leandro, come over here man! Where do you get your hair cut, Leandro?... so, Jerryd, start going to that barber... and how good can you pull off the brazilian accent? How much do you make per year? I'm sure you could work some plastic surgery in there somehow. and could you start missing 3 pointers so badly that they make grown men cry?"
      hahaha in a nutshell

Comment

Demar - Richard Jefferson
        Bargs - Better scoring Mehmet Okur
        Amir - Jermaine O'Neal without the offence.
        E. Davis - PJ Brown. He won't be a star, but he'll be very solid.
        Bayless - Monta Ellis..more of a 2 than a 1. Quick combo guard with scorer's mentality
        Calderon - I like the Mark Price comparison. I think he isn't as good of a shooter as Price though.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Demar - Richard Jefferson
          Bargs - Better scoring Mehmet Okur
          Amir - Jermaine O'Neal without the offence.
          E. Davis - PJ Brown. He won't be a star, but he'll be very solid.
          Bayless - Monta Ellis..more of a 2 than a 1. Quick combo guard with scorer's mentality
          Calderon - I like the Mark Price comparison. I think he isn't as good of a shooter as Price though.
          Calderon - John Stockton.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Calderon - John Stockton.
            if thats the case then
            Amir - K. malone.

hehe

Comment

I dunno the way demar has been finishing and attacking the bucket lately Id say in a few years he might be the next Kobe. Hyperbole, maybe a little, but dude has made really significant strides this year. If he can up his D and extend his range he has the potential to be the best player this franchise has ever had.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm going to get flamed for that post, I can feel it.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  You can tell he thinks that he is Kobe, but no one can develop into Kobe. Kobe is Kobe, he has been since age 17/18, so was MJ, etc.

Demar will be Demar, Kobe-lite maybe.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    as long as you know.. and knowing is half the battle.

Comment

Demar as Ray Allen? What in the name of Jesus Shuttlesworth??

You know what I call Ray Allen? A deep shooting virtuoso. Also, the dude can defend. Demar is more akin to someone else.

That's all i've got on that. I don't know who, but a 2-guard who's game is based on slashing and shooting the mid-range.

You're welcome for my awesome contribution.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        You can tell he thinks that he is Kobe, but no one can develop into Kobe. Kobe is Kobe, he has been since age 17/18, so was MJ, etc.

Demar will be Demar, Kobe-lite maybe.
                        Don't you read the rules Multipaul?! hahah
                        He said you weren't allowed to do that!

Comment

thats right multipaul
                          we dont want this thread closed too so follow the rules dammit! hahaha

Comment

LMAO, ok, yeah, ur right, Demar is Kobe, Andrea is Kareem, Weems is Magic Johnson, Bayless is Isiah, and Ajinca is Bill Laimbeer

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              thats right multipaul
                              we dont want this thread closed too so follow the rules dammit! hahaha
                              bite my tongue bite my tongue bite my tongue lol

Comment

Working...
                              X