No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time - Before October - for a Referendum on Alex Anthopolous?

"It Ain't over 'til it's over". But Jays fans can now breath easier about some kind of post-season action. It's still too close to call in the AL East, but if the Jays play .500 ball the rest of the way (18-18) the Rangers would have to go 24-12 just to force a one-game playoff to try to knock the Jays out of a wild-card game. And we've just cake-walked through the toughest part of our schedule. It gets a lot easier from here on.

I have liked Alex's style - his ability to be patient, to work creatively within budgets, to draft talent and then pull the trigger on eye-popping trades - since ... nearly forever (it seems). I was much dis-heartened when many fans turned on him when Josh Johnson didn't pan out and Rickey Romero went "walk-about" ... and seemed to take our hopes and dreams with him. Fate can be unkind.

But now this. Our Montreal/Canadian-born General Manager - the young guy with the degree in economics - the guy who paid his dues and worked his way up, has done it again. And it's working. My God how it's working.

So it's time for an extension, right? No way we're risking losing this young man - and all his skill, knowledge and expertise - to some other organization, when some Business Dude comes in to run the concessions, pay the rent and ... well, whatever.

He's earned it. Hasn't he?
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• It's hard to see the circumstances under which he isn't back unless some other team throws bags of money at him. Frankly, I'm not sure why they're replacing Beeston either cause he's the perfect counterpart for AA right now.

The track record is definitely mixed and you could likely make a case to replace him if it was the right guy coming in but with the team rolling and business booming, you'd think Rogers would just keep the gang together. But, this is Rogers, and they can't do anything right when it comes to sports so you never know...

Comment

• Will just move this poll into the Jays thread, if that works with you Wildling?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          And now with Goins turning into Joey Votto with his walk rate, no one is getting him out. Smoak.... Meh, whatever. Not sure why Cola isn't starting everyday but it's hard to complain when they keep winning.
          I want Navarro playing more right now too.

Martin's banged up, and I see it clearly he needs some time on the DL right now.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Oops - I tried. Thanks.

Comment

• I really have no idea whether Alex would want the President role. Maybe it would be a huge distraction and a net negative, for him. In a way, it might be a matter of hiring a business manager and then letting Alex report directly to the Board - so that he's not under the "President". So ... either way, if you catch my drift.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Oops - I tried. Thanks.
                All good man! Mods are the only ones who can add new polls to Threads. Will do that now.

Comment

• Hehe.

Nice idea for the Poll.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I said President and GM, I think he's earned it. He's really turned this team around and it's not just built for this year alone.

With that said, I'm not sure how much the President of an MLB team does on a day-to-day basis, but I wouldn't want that taking away from any of his regular GM duties, unless he has an assistant GM waiting in the wings, a la a Masai Ujiri type to BC back in the day.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I want Navarro playing more right now too.

Martin's banged up, and I see it clearly he needs some time on the DL right now.
                      But would time on the DL help? If what he needs to heal is 3 months off then it doesn't really matter if you give him 15 days. Plus, when he's not in there the team loses his pitch framing and game calling talents, along with the fact that he eliminates the other team's running game entirely. Martin isn't in Toronto for his bat or his legs: he's there for his glove and his brain.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Revere is turning into one of my favourites out there ...

Prices reaction is hilarious. I mean.... Holy crap.

Revere's probably my favourite player on the team. I hope he stays.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Can't get over the Poise that Osuna has ... 20 years old, and he's got 16 saves already? 3 straight strike outs in front of 46,000 to win the game?! Unreal.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Revere's probably my favourite player on the team. I hope he stays.
                            Probably won't because of Saunders and Pompey. Looks like a Rajai Davis situation with Melky

Comment

• This team is bananas, B A N A N A S!

Comment

• Edwin is a BEAST.

If the Yanks lose tonight, we've opened up a 2.5 game lead on 1st ... Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X