Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    He should have been sent down to get his shit together.

Agree. If someone like Halladay went through it, why not Ricky?
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, it could be really detrimental to just try to make him figure it out amongst the best in the world.

Sending him down could be just what he needs to rediscover his abilities and to zen right the fuck down.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about baseball, but I find it to be a funny coincidence that both the Raps and Jays have guys with similar names on their squads (Lowry, Lawrie)
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I don't know anything about baseball, but I find it to be a funny coincidence that both the Raps and Jays have guys with similar names on their squads (Lowry, Lawrie)
    Never thought of it until you mentioned it. Lawrie in my opinion is on his way to being a Star. Hope the same with Lowry.
    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Fri Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Never thought of it until you mentioned it. Lawrie in my opinion is on his way to being a Star. Hope the same with Lowry.
    Lawrie>Lowry and it's never gonna change. Doesn't mean Lowry is gonna be bad thoigh.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raul Ibanez is unbelievable, super clutch. Anyone see that game?

Post Thanks / Like

Ibanez is perfectly suited for Yankee Stadium. Hell, anyone is better than Rodriguez right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Crisp.

Coco Criiiiiiiiisp

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love what the A's are doing. Typical Billy Bean show. I wonder why he doesn't consider managing a big market team? He would earn a lot more and have a lot more finances at his disposal.

If he's an Oakland faithful, love that.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Love what the A's are doing. Typical Billy Bean show. I wonder why he doesn't consider managing a big market team? He would earn a lot more and have a lot more finances at his disposal.

If he's an Oakland faithful, love that.
    That was touched on in Moneyball. I'm guessing you haven't seen it?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That was touched on in Moneyball. I'm guessing you haven't seen it?
    No I haven't. Just looked it up after reading your post.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just heard the Farell to Red Sox news. As much as it was talked about, I didn't expect it from him. Thought he believed in loyalty but I guess I was wrong.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have never been a Farrell fan tbh.. He didn't really warm to Toronto and I don't think anyone can really say he showed or did anything special for the team, I'm sure some of the players will have good things to say but I don't think there's any reason to be upset about this trade.. We got an option for second base next year, even though it isn't a great one, it's probably the best you'll find cus there aren't a lot of FA second basemen this year.. Doubt he can do worse than Kelly Johnson.. Man, he was horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard the Farell to Red Sox news. As much as it was talked about, I didn't expect it from him. Thought he believed in loyalty but I guess I was wrong.
    Ya ... this stinks for me. However, I do like the Blue Jays stance that they wouldn't let him walk away for nothing.
    At least we got Mike Aviles.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

ya, I never warmed to Farell. I'm glad the other guys went as well. We need a change in coaching all around.

I wanna see the jays make a push for dan haren.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

ya, I never warmed to Farell. I'm glad the other guys went as well. We need a change in coaching all around.

I wanna see the jays make a push for dan haren.
    Haren will be great. Always liked him.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone understand the Aviles trade..? Idk why we would give up Aviles, a decent hitter that filled a need plus a very versatile guy in Gomes who has a good bat as well for a guy who has a 6 era for his career and was given up by the Rockies for cash during the season... Is Anthopoulos crazy..? Since when do we need relievers? I thought our only problem with relievers was whether we should keep Lyon or Frasor, apparently not though..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Does anyone understand the Aviles trade..? Idk why we would give up Aviles, a decent hitter that filled a need plus a very versatile guy in Gomes who has a good bat as well for a guy who has a 6 era for his career and was given up by the Rockies for cash during the season... Is Anthopoulos crazy..? Since when do we need relievers? I thought our only problem with relievers was whether we should keep Lyon or Frasor, apparently not though..
    When Aviles arrived it was thought that he was acquired to play 2nd base as K Johnson is a free agent. So we thought. Obviously AA had other ideas. Personally I like that part of the deal. I mean I`d like to see a better 2nd baseman and it is going to be so even if Johnson comes back. I didn`t like the Gomes part of the deal `cause he was showing promise but overall I`m OK with the trade. A power arm in the free agent market would have been costly and through this trade we acquire one for a cheap price. The Bullpen is strong and if Oliver decides to return, is all set. Starting pitching and maybe a solid bat are probably next on AA`s list.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

When Aviles arrived it was thought that he was acquired to play 2nd base as K Johnson is a free agent. So we thought. Obviously AA had other ideas. Personally I like that part of the deal. I mean I`d like to see a better 2nd baseman and it is going to be so even if Johnson comes back. I didn`t like the Gomes part of the deal `cause he was showing promise but overall I`m OK with the trade. A power arm in the free agent market would have been costly and through this trade we acquire one for a cheap price. The Bullpen is strong and if Oliver decides to return, is all set. Starting pitching and maybe a solid bat are probably next on AA`s list.
    I bet you don't think that way now.. Izturis as our second baseman? Aviles was 50x better.. Hell I'd take Johnson over him anyd ay. We'll be stuck in mediocrity forever with deals like this.. Make a deal worth mentioning AA.. I understand the FA market for second basemen is thin this year but why sign a mediocre talent to a 3 yr deal especially if you plan on using Hech as an every day player in the near future.. I despise utility men with no bats..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    I bet you don't think that way now.. Izturis as our second baseman? Aviles was 50x better.. Hell I'd take Johnson over him anyd ay. We'll be stuck in mediocrity forever with deals like this.. Make a deal worth mentioning AA.. I understand the FA market for second basemen is thin this year but why sign a mediocre talent to a 3 yr deal especially if you plan on using Hech as an every day player in the near future.. I despise utility men with no bats..

Yes the signing did surprise me. I thought they'd go for a better 2 nd baseman. His(Izturis) average is OK but that's the only impressive thing about his bat. The most concerning thing is his health. He's had health problems throughout his career. One thing though is that AA has proved to be a very smart GM. I was not a fan of the hire when they hired him but he soon proved me wrong.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information