Post Thanks / Like

Filled out the coaching staff...

What do yous' think?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Filled out the coaching staff...

What do yous' think?
    Glad that Mottola is the new Hitting coach. Hitting worries me when Gibby manages. It was a hitting collapse that led to his firing last time. D Hale will make a good bench coach. Surprised that Walker was hired as pitching coach. Don't know much about his coaching abilities so trusting AA and Gibby on this.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Raptors fans.... Thank Goodness for the Blue Jays!

Post Thanks / Like

Default R.A. Dickey to Blue Jays trade in the Works.

OMG ... Seriously?! OMG OMG OMG

R.A. Dickey, who rose from the first cut in New York Mets spring training camp in 2010 to NL Cy Young winner two years later, will by all indications continue his epic tale in Canada.

The Mets were working Saturday morning toward completing a trade that would send the 38-year-old knuckleballer to the Toronto Blue Jays, a major league executive aware of the talks told ESPNNewYork.com.

A major league source said 23-year-old catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud must be part of the deal for it to be finalized.

"The catcher will have to be in the deal if it is to get done," the source said.

Source
    Although ... I don't know ... is D'Arnaud worth it for a 38-year old knuckle-baller?
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Dec 15th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    OMG ... Seriously?! OMG OMG OMG

Although ... I don't know ... is D'Arnaud worth it for a 38-year old knuckle-baller?
    That was the first thought in my mind as well. I'm not saying that D'Arnaud won't be part if the trade(if it happens) but AA is too smart to make a straight up D'Arnaud for Dickey trade. If in-fact it's done, there should be more to it.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    That was the first thought in my mind as well. I'm not saying that D'Arnaud won't be part if the trade(if it happens) but AA is too smart to make a straight up D'Arnaud for Dickey trade. If in-fact it's done, there should be more to it.
    I'm pretty sure there will be others involved, because D'Arnaud is alot to give up.
    I like how the Jays need a #5 starter and are going after the NL Cy Young winner. This must be what Yankees fans feel like

Post Thanks / Like

Even though the trade appears to be involving more than just D'arnaud and Dickey, I honestly would rather have 38 year old Dickey than Darnaud.

Prospects tend to get way overhyped. I'm not saying D'arnaud isn't gonna be good, I don't think there's any doubt about that (aside from some of the injury issues), but the fact is he hasn't played a single major league game and Dickey just won the Cy Young award after 3 straight seasons of posting a top 5 leage ERA. That is pretty much as good as it gets.

As for being 38 -- knuckleballers pitch well into their 40's (literally like 47, 48) and he has actually gotten better each year. It's not every day you get a pitcher like this, if you have to give up a young kid to get him, I say do it.

Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, if this goes through, how FILTHY will our rotation be. Dickey and Morrow both have #1 stuff in my opinion, and then you have Johnson and Beuhrle pitching 3, 4. That means that Ricky Freaken Romero is your NUMBER 5 PITCHER.

When your former ace goes to being your 5th pitcher, that's when you know your GM's playing to win.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When Josh Johnson is healthy, I still think he's the Jays best pitcher. Guy's got amazing stuff.

D'Arnaud is one of the best prospects in baseball, so its a big risk but as themasao said lots of prospects never pan out. Age isn't an issue for me with Dickey. Its him not having a contract beyond the 2013 season that is for me. Only way I deal D'Arnaud for Dickey is if R.A. decided to sign an extension to remain in Toronto for another couple seasons beyond next year. Truthfully, I wish it was JPA going in the deal instead of Travis.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

According to a rumour I just heard, it's Buck(not D'Arnaud)and other prospects for Dickey and others . I hope this is true. As much as prospects are sometimes over hyped, I hope they hang on to D'Arnaud.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ra-dickey.html

Here it says they are getting D'Arnaud and Buck, with Thole(good knuckleball catcher) coming with to T.O

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the whole thing is now contingent on the Jays being able to extent Dickey within 72-hours.

Count down is on.

Quote ESPN wrote:
    Negotiations on a contract extension for R.A. Dickey are the only thing holding up a trade between the New York Mets and Toronto Blue Jays, FoxSports.com has reported, citing unnamed sources.

The reigning NL Cy Young winner will appear in a Blue Jays uniform in 2013 as they make a run at AL East supremacy -- assuming the sides can work out a deal. The report says the sides have a window until Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET to complete the extension.

Source
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TD Comfort Zone here I come.......

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's gonna be great to see 40,000+ at home games again, not just for the opener.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    TD Comfort Zone here I come.......
    +1. Can already sense the summer vibe in T.dot is gonna be BUMPIN -- specially inthe skydome!

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you concerned about giving up prospects for proven major league talent. Well,that in itself is ridiculous.
    But,Steinbrenner did it with the Yankees for decades, need i say more.

Plus,D'Arnaud had to be traded. There was no place for him. I say that because regardless of the guys infront of him like Buck(who is now gone as well). With are win now mentality, training a new catcher doesn't fit. So,having to trade him, you cant top swapping for the reigning cy young award winner.

Post Thanks / Like

2 yrs/25 mill. pending physical this thing is a wrap.

Morrow
    Dickey
    Johnson
    Buerhle
    Romero

Those top three could easily switch around with each other. There is no drop off from 1-3!

Now,I know how the phillies feel!

Post Thanks / Like

Also,scan through this thread page by page from the first post to the one above.

How things have changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    2 yrs/25 mill. pending physical this thing is a wrap.
    Good number actually as well. There was speculation he'd only be happy with 2/$28-30M.

And ya, that Rotation is SICK, WICKED and NASTY.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very impressed with the Class that Dickey has shown. He could have asked for 27-28mil and still got it, I think. Reminds me of Doc.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information