Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I can't believe how bad Johnson is. This guy was supposed to be a phenom.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Man, I can't believe how bad Johnson is. This guy was supposed to be a phenom.
    He shat the bed once again. How is Esmil Rogers better than he is, FFS? Ohhhhhhhhh whoa is the life of a Toronto sports fan. Mediocrity at its finest. I believe the Jays have to go 49-29 the rest of the way to finish with 90 wins...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is why they've gone this long without a second baseman?

They should of re-signed Johnson. Would of saved a number of errors this season..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    What I don't understand is why they've gone this long without a second baseman?

They should of re-signed Johnson. Would of saved a number of errors this season..
    It would be great if they could just stick Lawrie over there when he gets back. But I've heard they don't want Jose or Edwin over at 3B full-time. Besides, we have yet to see Lawrie and Reyes play on the field at the same time.

Second base is up in the air... I just don't wanna see them mortgage the farm for the likes of a Michael Young or someone like that. I don't believe we're gonna win this year, so keep the youngins in-tact.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else hear what Arencibia had to say on The Fan this morning? to sum it up, he ripped into Gregg Zaun about how he shouldn't be criticizing the team when he himself used PED's throughout his career/was a below average player. He also talked about how the media shouldn't have such a negative outlook on plays, and should instead explain to the fans why that play would've been hard to make.

Interesting stuff... any thoughts?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Anybody else hear what Arencibia had to say on The Fan this morning? to sum it up, he ripped into Gregg Zaun about how he shouldn't be criticizing the team when he himself used PED's throughout his career/was a below average player. He also talked about how the media shouldn't have such a negative outlook on plays, and should instead explain to the fans why that play would've been hard to make.

100% agree with him.
    Love Arencibia.
    Hate Gregg Zaun.

But its also true. A psychological study just came out recently, saying that when fans are more level-headed toward the negative aspects of the team, it helps the players relax more and get into more of a groove.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't listen to the interview but going by your post, Arancebia and many others may not like it and they don't have to. Zaun is doing what he's paid to do and so is the media. If Arencebia gets affected by it, it's his loss not theirs.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    I didn't listen to the interview but going by your post, Arancebia and many others may not like it and they don't have to. Zaun is doing what he's paid to do and so is the media. If Arencebia gets affected by it, it's his loss not theirs.
    Exactly. Arencibia wouldn't have the mental toughness to play for the Yankees or RedSox, as he would be criticized even more by the media and fans . Although if he was with either of those teams, he'd probably be sent down to teh minors by now

Post Thanks / Like

Arencibia is a bit of a tool.

Zaun is doing what he's paid to and also, aren't the best analysts/coaches usually the below average players?

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

Rant starts around the 5:30 mark for anyone that didn't hear.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie Vinsanity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MLB considering 100-game suspensions for A-Rod and Ryan Braun, who refused to answer questions about Biogenesis:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ic-sources-say

As ridiculously obvious as Braun's guilt is to everyone, that would be some supreme bullshit. They're going to punish him for doing something and lying about it without proving that he actually did it?

I can't see how that stands up. They're going to be firing another arbitrator soon.

Baseball seems to have completely abandoned the privacy clause of the CBA now and is leaking worse than a 50-year-old gasket.

Aren't any possible suspensions not supposed to be made public until the appeals process is complete? Yet now baseball seems determined to make sure all these players are publicly shamed before any appeal can even begin. If I'm the players association, this has to be a major point of contention.

Post Thanks / Like

It's tough to keep stuff quiet in this new age..

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

Rant starts around the 5:30 mark for anyone that didn't hear.
    What a fuckin cheapshot. Arencibia crossed the line here. The guy made it personal. Zaun and and Hayhurst are just doing their job. Part of their job is to analyze and criticize a player. And let's face it, Arencibia is horrible. One of the worst catcher in the game in my opinion. Just look at his average and OBP. The guy strikes out a ton specially when there's RISP. He never walks. And he's just a horrible catcher overall. How many passed balls this year? i'm guessing he's leading all catchers in that category. Horrible.

And the thing that i hates the most? the guy acts and talks like a star.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

14. Like e2thed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's one of the best power hitting catchers in the league. But, he's below average everywhere else

Post Thanks / Like

He's been on a tear since going off on the fan590. He's even been walking a lot more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    He's been on a tear since going off on the fan590. He's even been walking a lot more
    Hope it stays that way..

Post Thanks / Like

John Gibbons was a stupid hire..I've maintained that since day one and will continue to. Anthopolous I would also fire (unless he does something drastic at the deadline and it works out). Trade some of these bullpen guys for a third basemen

Post Thanks / Like

A solid hitting 3rd baseman would be nice with Lawrie taking over at 2nd. Then the offseason priority can be sorting out the starting pitching staff

Post Thanks / Like

I think Micheal Young could probably be acquired for a decent price. He's exactly the kind of hitter they need in the lineup (consistently hits to all fields, not a power guy)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Young is the answer. Might of been a few years ago, but not now. They need to get someone 30 and under

Thread Information