The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

I guess we should start a thread for those baseball fans out there most specifically the Blue Jays.

So what do you guys think of Anthopoulos going after this young Cuban kid Aroldis Chapman?

General Manager Alex Anthopoulos' quest to rebuild the Toronto Blue Jays could involve the big money signing of 21-year old Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman.

According to ESPN, the Jays held a private workout for Chapman Thursday morning in Florida, before meeting with his agents.

The 21-year old left-hander, worked out for around 14 teams in Houston three weeks ago, where his fastball reportedly topped out at 97 mph.

Chapman was reportedly offered a $15.5 million offer from the Boston Red Sox in November, when he was with his previous agent.

Chapman, who defected when the Cuban national team was playing in the Netherlands, is the highest regarded defector since Jose Contreras left in 2002 when the national team played in Mexico.

Contreras received a four-year $32 million contract with the New York Yankees in 2003. It is believed that Chapman could command a $20-25 million deal.
    Source - Click here
    Alex should be extended as General Manager for three years
    35.71%
    Alex should be extended for 5 years
    35.71%
    Alex Should be made President and General Manager
    21.43%
    The Jays should wait until a new President is hired
    7.14%

Im excited that they are even holding a workout for him. It shows that AA is going to be ontop of every prospect and he's leaving his options open. I would love to see them sign Cahpman but i doubt the Jays can win that bidding war.

Comment

Its not like we are going to sign him anyway unless the Rogers family shells out the cash, it will be either the Mets, Red Sox, or one of the LA teams. I didn't include the Yankees because they already acquired Javier Vasquez and they want to keep out of the Luxury Tax as much as possible.

Comment

Exactly the type of move the Jays need to bring some credibility back.

Comment

The Jays are apparently scouting Carlos Delgado in winter league right now. Injured for pretty much all of last season, at 37 years old do you think he still has anything left in the tank?

Source - Click here

Comment

Delgados done. Period. Let Wallace or Snider start at first and let the rebuild begin.
            "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

MLB.com released their 50 best prospects. Wallace is #16 and Drabek is #17! Not bad if you ask me.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wi...ects_for_2010/

Comment

If they can get a reasonable contract out of him I do Delgado all day long as a veteran DH with some true leadership quality on a young team. Does anyone else cringe at the prospect of having Vernon Wells as the clubhouse leader of this team?
                limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Let me rephrase...I wouldn't "DO" Delgado all day long...I would sign him to a contract any day of the week...lol...

Comment

I also here that the Jays are interested in Damon as well as Delgado. Hmmm....

Comment

Damon is one of those guys that I love to hate. So I would much prefer him to sign elsewhere so I can continue to hate him. Besides do the jays really need another poor fielding outfielder.

Comment

Kevin Gregg anyone? This is a solid signing by AA. At least we know we have a legit, bonafied closer.

The Toronto Blue Jays are apparently close to adding another arms to their closer derby.

According to numerous reports, former Chicago Cubs reliever Kevin Gregg has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Blue Jays.
                        LINK

Comment

Don't know much about Gregg, but if you say hes solid, guess I'll have to trust you.

Comment

Gregg is more solid then Frasor but he probably wouldn't be a closer on a better team.

Comment

I'm sayin' the Jays surprise some people and take 75 games this year!

LET'S PLAY BALL!

I said 75...

Comment

Working...
                              X