The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• haha.Well, I don't think I'd recognize any jays players either. They look different in person thn on television. I've seen actors and such in real life. So, it's not really fair..
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• There's no sense in The Jays bowing things up. They should make some tweaks and try again next year. Dickey should not be the ace..Arencibia should not be the catcher. They need to find a third basemen. Keep Lawrie at second and might want to send him down for the rest of the year to get somewhat comfortable.

Doubt anything is going to happen at the deadline. Basically, just have to asses the good and bad and adjust accordingly in the off-season.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• - Dickey trade could go down as one of the worst if not the worst trade in Jays history
          - I agree. Arencibia should be not be the C going forward. Can't hit, can't catch, can't throw, what does he do well besides crying on the radio?
          - Starting rotation is a huge mess. Not sure how you fix that.
          - Keep Lawrie at 3B.
          - Fire the hitting coach.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dickey hasn't been great, but he hasn't been terrible either. He's thrown tons of innings, usually giving the team chances to win. And I'm not sure the hitting coach is to blame for the lack of situational hitting, it could just be the type of hitters most of them are (all or nothing swings). But the team really is a mess right now, it's hard to imagine this group ever being consistently good without a major shakeup

Comment

• Keep the team together. Everyone's been in and out of the lineup and shit and they haven't been able to mesh.

Comment

• I have no doubt that this team under J Farell would have been in 'the mix'. Except manage the bull pen well, Gibby is not impressive. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before he's replaced.

IMO, an Ace and a decent 2nd baseman must be added. The pitching woes are temporary. Once the likes of Morrow, Drabek, H'son, Happ and Romero return, they'll be fine.
                Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Mon Jul 22, 2013, 12:23 AM.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Fire Anthopolous for attempting to go all in on "win now" mode. But, not following through..

Romero is not coming back anytime soon, if at all. Drabek is looking more and more like a dud each day he spends in the minors. Morrow can't stay healthy. I don't think the other guys you mentioned are any good.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    Fire Anthopolous for attempting to go all in on "win now" mode. But, not following through..

Romero is not coming back anytime soon, if at all. Drabek is looking more and more like a dud each day he spends in the minors. Morrow can't stay healthy. I don't think the other guys you mentioned are any good.
                    Barring a couple of mistakes and drafting un-signable players(2nd time in a row), Anthopolous has done a fairly good job. It's the 1st year of this team playing together and a couple of Smart tweaks should do the trick.

I have faith in Romero returning to the Ace that he was. He's too good to be stuck in a slump.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Still. This is the opportunity that Anthopolus was building towards and he flunked.

Comment

• http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2013/7...hayhurst-again

This is ridiculous.

Comment

• I'm watching tin and Sid and they're talking about it. Seriously, trade Arencibia ASAP

Comment

• #BreakingBraun (Ryan Braun suspended for season)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eason/2576215/

I'm guessing Bud Selig isn't stopping at Braun

Comment

• Milwaukee's season is a write-off. Braun is locked up for the next decade. Wonder if an understanding was reached..

Comment

• It took the dodgers a while to get it going after they made those big acquisitions. The Blue Jays could be way better by this time next season

Comment

Working...
                                X