No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Buck is coming back to Toronto too in the deal. I loved him when he was here 2 years ago.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      Personally, I'm really starting to not like Anthopolous. I think he's trying too hard to be like this Billy Beane type. But, trying to do his own thing as well.
      It's not really working.
      Less than 24 hours he pulls this big trade off? I think he read your post, dude. THANK YOU!

Comment

• And we're getting Emilio Bonifacio too. WOW, the deal that keeps on giving.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/bio/?id=6449

Comment

• The Toronto Blue Jays may have gotten the pitching help they've been looking for.

According to reports, the Jays have acquired starting pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, as well as shortstop Jose Reyes and catcher John Buck, from the Miami Marlins.

In exchange, the Marlins receive pitcher Henderson Alvarez and shortstops Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria.

Left-handed pitching prospect Justin Nicolino will also be sent to the Marlins in the deal.

FOX reporters Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal first reported the trade.

Morosi also reported that the trade includes outfielder/infielder Emilio Bonifacio.

Comment

• Wow.. Is this trade official? It's crazy good for the Jays. John Buck too though? What are we going to do with all of these catchers? Has to be a sign that something else is in the works

Comment

• really impressed with Anthopolous. Dealt with several problems with this one trade

Comment

• So they end up sending Mathis to Marlins. Big Damn Deal! Keep JP, have Buck as well, and D'Arnaud in the minors for another year.

Comment

• This is a great deal and it's gonna pan out.

A precursor to even bigger moves this off season perhaps?

Comment

• Apparently Jake Marisnick, Jeff Mathis and another minor league player are included in the trade.

The Jays have acquired shortstop Jose Reyes, starting pitcher Josh Johnson, starting pitcher Mark Buerhle, catcher John Buck and utility player Emilio Bonifacio in exchange for shortstop Yunel Escobar, starting pitcher Henderson Alvarez, catcher Jeff Mathis, infielder Adeiny Hechavarria, pitcher Justin Nicolino, outfielder Jake Marisnick and another minor-leaguer.
                    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/13...marlins-report

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      So they end up sending Mathis to Marlins. Big Damn Deal! Keep JP, have Buck as well, and D'Arnaud in the minors for another year.
                      I read somewhere not to long ago that they might try D'Arnaud at 2nd base.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        They should try him at 1st with Izturis at 2nd

Comment

• Just found out about this trade ... unbelievable.

Players AA has brought in usually resort back to their true potential selves (most notably Jose Bautista, Encarnacion and Colby Rasmus). I expect Reyes and Johnson to have a breakout year.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            I expect Reyes and Johnson to have a breakout year.
                            Breakout? They've both been all-stars multiple times. Perhaps resurrecting years you mean?

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Haven't heard that one yet, but I do recall Zaunn saying he doesn't believe he'll be a catcher at the MLB level.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Less than 24 hours he pulls this big trade off? I think he read your post, dude. THANK YOU!
                                The even more ironic thing..was as i was writing that. I was thinking that fucker is gonna pull off some big deal in the next few days that is gonna put him in the good books again.

I meant to write it in,but, i was lazy.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X