The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Haven't heard that one yet, but I do recall Zaunn saying he doesn't believe he'll be a catcher at the MLB level.
    In Zaunn we trust.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Perhaps resurrecting years you mean?
      Precisely. Good point Doc.

Comment

• Wow! If you would have told me in the preseason that two weeks into the regular season I'd be more excited about the Jays than the Raptors I would have punched you. Unreal trade..

Comment

• Ok, ok...we know it's a cool trade.

Now, onto the good part.

Where does this put them?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            Ok, ok...we know it's a cool trade.

Now, onto the good part.

Where does this put them?

I am definitely not getting my hopes up, because being let down is the worst. But some baseball analysts are labeling them as potential favorites to win the east. But they are also expecting more moves, so it's hard to say. I just hope they can stay healthy, because if they do, they should have no problem winning plenty of games

Edit: to answer your question, I'd put them at the top of the AL east if they can stay healthy. The AL east isn't as strong as it used to be, so it is the perfect time to rise
            Last edited by wallz; Thu Nov 15, 2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• If everything goes well they should make the play-offs. On paper at this point, the Jays and the Yankees are the best teams in the East. Bo-sox and the Rays may get stronger but I don't see them getting as strong as us. It'll be interesting to see how they address left field. With 117 mil. already committed for 2013 AA probably has another surprise up his sleeve.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• This just in: Apparently, Bud Selig doesn't like the deal.

This also just in: No one likes Bud Selig.

Comment

• The fact that he has the final word as to whether it falls through kinda scares me. I'll take a huge sigh of relief when it gets approved (which it better)

Comment

• I can't see him vetoeing the deal.

Selig has the power to veto any deal if he deems it is not in the “best interests” of baseball.

However, there is a growing belief that Selig will allow the deal to go through, especially after he failed to find any problem with last season’s trade between the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers. The Red Sox, in what was viewed as a blatant salary dump, sent Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett and Carl Crawford to the Dodgers, who were in the hunt for a playoff spot.

“It’s a good analogy,” Selig said. “That’s a fair analogy.”

New York Yankees president Randy Levine said he saw nothing wrong with the deal.

“There’s a collective bargaining agreement,” he said. “As far as I understand, everyone’s following the rules. Teams are allowed to do what they want to do.”

Selig believes the Marlins did not get fleeced.

“I’ve talked to two baseball people who have, actually, an interesting view on the trade,” Selig said. “They think that [Miami], in terms of your players, did very well. These are two independent baseball people. These are not chefs in the kitchens here.

“I am aware of the anger, I am. I’m also aware that in Toronto they’re very happy.”

Source

Comment

• So we've apparently signed Melky Cabrera to a two year deal.

Let's starting planning the parade down Yonge St.

Source - http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409620

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        So we've apparently signed Melky Cabrera to a two year deal.

Let's starting planning the parade down Yonge St.

Source - http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409620
                        This is HUGE ... And we got him for a VERY good price, if the reports are accurate. $8M per?! Awesome!

This team is going to be something to recon with.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          This is HUGE ... And we got him for a VERY good price, if the reports are accurate. $8M per?! Awesome!

This team is going to be something to recon with.
                          That's a fantastic signing.

What's awesome about this offseason is that they've added 400 innings, a #1 starter, a #3 starter, created a real nice bench (Davis, Bona, Izturis, Buck), the second best shortstop in baseball, and now Cabrera.... and, they have 2 of the Lansing 3 left, didn't give up D'arnaud, still haven't moved JPA and even Gose is still around.

Even if this all spectacularly blows up, this is one hell of an offseason!

Comment

• Plus, Law was reporting they are still looking for another starter. You have to think that they aren't really looking for a #5 guy.

If they could pry Dickey loose from the Mets.... wow.

Comment

• Lets go Toronto Blue Jays big news, all this team needs is some Shaun Marcum and use him as 5th starter, 2013 MLB championship here we come.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Didn't want to get my hopes up, but holly fuck I'm pumped. they STACKED

Comment

Working...
                                X