The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ra-dickey.html

Here it says they are getting D'Arnaud and Buck, with Thole(good knuckleball catcher) coming with to T.O

Comment

• Apparently the whole thing is now contingent on the Jays being able to extent Dickey within 72-hours.

Count down is on.

ESPN wrote:
      Negotiations on a contract extension for R.A. Dickey are the only thing holding up a trade between the New York Mets and Toronto Blue Jays, FoxSports.com has reported, citing unnamed sources.

The reigning NL Cy Young winner will appear in a Blue Jays uniform in 2013 as they make a run at AL East supremacy -- assuming the sides can work out a deal. The report says the sides have a window until Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET to complete the extension.

Source

Comment

• TD Comfort Zone here I come.......
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• It's gonna be great to see 40,000+ at home games again, not just for the opener.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
            TD Comfort Zone here I come.......
            +1. Can already sense the summer vibe in T.dot is gonna be BUMPIN -- specially inthe skydome!

Comment

• For those of you concerned about giving up prospects for proven major league talent. Well,that in itself is ridiculous.
              But,Steinbrenner did it with the Yankees for decades, need i say more.

Plus,D'Arnaud had to be traded. There was no place for him. I say that because regardless of the guys infront of him like Buck(who is now gone as well). With are win now mentality, training a new catcher doesn't fit. So,having to trade him, you cant top swapping for the reigning cy young award winner.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• 2 yrs/25 mill. pending physical this thing is a wrap.

Morrow
                Dickey
                Johnson
                Buerhle
                Romero

Those top three could easily switch around with each other. There is no drop off from 1-3!

Now,I know how the phillies feel!
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Also,scan through this thread page by page from the first post to the one above.

How things have changed.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    2 yrs/25 mill. pending physical this thing is a wrap.
                    Good number actually as well. There was speculation he'd only be happy with 2/$28-30M.

And ya, that Rotation is SICK, WICKED and NASTY.

Comment

• I'm very impressed with the Class that Dickey has shown. He could have asked for 27-28mil and still got it, I think. Reminds me of Doc.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Good number actually as well. There was speculation he'd only be happy with 2/$28-30M.

And ya, that Rotation is SICK, WICKED and NASTY.
                        As I keep trying to tell the excuse makers - "wahh! No one will sign in Toronto! Waaah! No one will come to Toronto cause it's Canadian! Waaaah" - if you actually build a good team you can get guys to sign and.... they won't even charge a premium.

I'd wager a hefty sum Dickey says he made the deal at $25 cause he wants to win. Novel idea.

EDIT: Also, this is how you WIN NOW! Not by doing small, isolated deals and trying to nurture young players at the same time. Doesn't work. You are either rebuilding or you go for it. Colangelo, take notes....

Comment

• Deal's official. 3 yrs at 29m, not 2.. Pretty good deal, here's to him staying healthy.

Toronto officially acquired Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and Minor League catcher Mike Nickeas in the seven-player trade that was announced Monday evening. The Mets received top catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud, right-hander Noah Syndergaard, catcher John Buck and Minor Leaguer Wuilmer Becerra.

The two teams came to terms over the weekend, but the deal was contingent on the Blue Jays and Dickey being able to agree to an extension. That happened Monday morning, when Toronto tore up the final year of Dickey's contract and signed him to a three-year contract valued at $29 million plus a club option worth $12 million in 2016.
                          http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news...s_tor&c_id=tor

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                            Deal's official. 3 yrs at 29m, not 2.. Pretty good deal, here's to him staying healthy.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news...s_tor&c_id=tor
                            WOW ... Well he was set to make $5M this year, but they "tore up the final year of his deal, and signed him to a 3-year $29M" ... If I understand everything correctly, which I think I do, thats actually LESS than the reported $25M .. technically. The $25M plus the $5M he's set to make would earn him $30M over 3 years.
                            AA you've done it again.
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 17, 2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I think it's a good deal for AA but I don't necessarily think he should make the money Halladay makes because he's older and he's only had 3 good years so far, I'm not saying he won't keep it up but I think that's a pretty good reason not to give him 15M+ a year which is why I think he accepted less.

Comment

• Are you sure its not including the whole contract?

Because if it was a 2 yr extensionworth 24 and then this year at 5 mil is 29 over 3.

Whatever, i dont give a fuck about what they're paying him. This guy is a winner!

Boston is looking like are best competition. But, I think we're better than them.

They have made some decent moves, though.

T-Bay lost three of their top five players! Those prospects they got back aren't going to be good this year.

The Yankees are a year older and are looking at acquiring old V-Dubs. We should be able to run all over them.

Baltimore is hit or miss. They are really a wild card.

Comment

Working...
                                X