No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays need bullpen arms more than a starter , unless its a staff ace. Dalebar, Santos and regression make them weak 6-8 inning. Could use a bat too. Muni, Goins and Gose are three 9 hitters batting 7-9.

Comment

• Lester is a staff ace last time I checked.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        Lester is a staff ace last time I checked.
        Giving up promising pitchers to a division rival for a two month rental is really shortsighted. Boston has no trouble sending Lester within the division because there are no long term ramifications. Watching Stroman or Sanchez develop within the division is too big a gamble for a GM. If Noah Syndagaard wins a Cy Young on the Mets its less of a problem then the Yankees. Even TB trading Price within the division might be too much.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Jays need bullpen arms more than a starter , unless its a staff ace. Dalebar, Santos and regression make them weak 6-8 inning. Could use a bat too. Muni, Goins and Gose are three 9 hitters batting 7-9.
          And upgrade would be okay, but I will roll with those three. Gose can be up and down, but soon as he touches the bases, he's a terror for any opposing defense. Muni-Kawasaki is rolling and is running up pitch counts for opp-pitching. Goins looks more confident at the plate now and still wants to bust his tail off. Also when it comes to a small-ball situation, these three are above-average fast and bridge to Reyes-Melkman execution.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
            And upgrade would be okay, but I will roll with those three. Gose can be up and down, but soon as he touches the bases, he's a terror for any opposing defense. Muni-Kawasaki is rolling and is running up pitch counts for opp-pitching. Goins looks more confident at the plate now and still wants to bust his tail off. Also when it comes to a small-ball situation, these three are above-average fast and bridge to Reyes-Melkman execution.
            Its a lineup issue. Kawasaki is probably out. Gose / Goins / Rasmus should be seperated in the lineup. Against lefties Gose bats 9th with Lawrie at 2nd and Valencia at 3rd. Against Righties Rasmus at CF Goins at 2nd / 9th and Lawrie at 3rd. Muni is better off the bench bunting and situational hitting. Toronto when healthy can outslug teams. Middle relief is a problem with Stroman/Happ/Hutch not deep innings eaters.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Giving up promising pitchers to a division rival for a two month rental is really shortsighted. Boston has no trouble sending Lester within the division because there are no long term ramifications. Watching Stroman or Sanchez develop within the division is too big a gamble for a GM. If Noah Syndagaard wins a Cy Young on the Mets its less of a problem then the Yankees. Even TB trading Price within the division might be too much.
              That's presuming they would be part of a deal. Which who says they would have been?

Anyways, Cespedes for Lester (and Gomes). Man, Cespedes is going to be a force in Fenway.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

That's presuming they would be part of a deal. Which who says they would have been?

Anyways, Cespedes for Lester (and Gomes). Man, Cespedes is going to be a force in Fenway.
                Good trade for Red Sox. A's gave up a lot for Lester. In Fenway, Cespedes will put up numbers.

Comment

• I don't really like this trade in the long run for Oakland. But, I admire they are putting it all out on the line to win now.

Comment

I don't really like this trade in the long run for Oakland. But, I admire they are putting it all out on the line to win now.
                    Might make more sense for Oakland if Tigers or Dodgers get Price. Long term its terrible but if A's reach the WS it may be worth it.

Comment

• Win baby win.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Disappointed they Jays didn't make any moves... This is our first real shot at making the Playoffs.. would have been nice to get a bit of insurance.

Comment

• For the prospects and players Toronto would trade and the value of player Toronto would recieve Waiver trades are good enough. As team slip out and players return from injury, Toronto's needs and player available will change.

Comment

• I think it's ok that AA waits til the waiver deadline, the 3 bats should be back by then and Sanchez will have enough outings to evaluate him a lot more at the ML level. Still time.

Comment

• 2.5 game lead in the Wildcard. 2 Months to go. My goodness it would be sweet to see some Playoff Baseball at the Skydome again.

Comment

• Blew the Houston Astros series 1 -3, while Baltimore wins another series. No room for error! If the jay's don't sweep Baltimore (which they won't), the season is over!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X