X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime wrote: View Post
    The knuckleball is magic, check out this wobble:
    Hahaha Thats a great .gif Prime.

The batters face is priceless as he watches the pitch just float past him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      In isolation, the Dickey deal would not have happened. It looks like KC trading for Shields.

In the Jays case, however, it makes sense cause Dickey (even a Dickey that regresses) is worth 3-4 wins and those 3-4 wins take a 90-win team to 93-94, which probably gets you in the playoffs. If you get Cy Young Dickey, you can add a couple more wins.

I think we are so used to seeing AA get great value in his deals (e.g. the Marlins trade), that when he has to give up equal value, we are all stunned.
      I totally agree that acquiring Dickey makes sense. 3-4 games could be the difference and if Dickey can get us those 3-4 games, why not? I'm just saying that IMO getting ripped off made sense so Alex pulled the trigger.

To Whomsoever This May Concern: We post our opinions and they are strictly our respective opinions. Nobody HAS TO agree with one's opinions. By all means, feel free to disagree. I'm quite surprised about some people taking my comments personally like I said said something offensive about a family member. This is only the Blue Jays thread of the RR Forum folks. It's not the end of the World.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric, no one is taking it personally. The responses youre getting are full of passion. Those are two words that get confused a little too often.

If it was personal, id tell you to go fuck yourself. But, it's not and I haven't.

Your point is,all things considered, invalid. That's all we're saying. If you were to look at that trade, by itself and before the miami trade, yes, it's a rip off and not worth it.

However,that's not the way it happened. To look at it any other way than "in context" is,frankly,ridiculous. I mean sure, its an interesting way to look at it. But,at some point, you have to come back to the realization that,again, that's not the way it happened.

You already have stated, as well have i, that you know the way it happened. So, I won't get into that.

My original reply to your post may have come off a bit harsh. But,that's just because I like to use the word "fuck" and any variation.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• You guys see the details released of John Gibbons contract??

Very interesting, Never seen anything like this before, but he's essentially got a Perpetual Option Year on the back end of the deal.

Basically works, whereby, if he isn't fired before Jan. 1st, then the Option for the Next year Kicks in ... Wild AND Crazy.

Comment

• I have not. Very interesting.

I hope with the team assembled.That he does better than Farrell. Like way better.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• I haven't checked the contract details but 'team option' has become the trade mark of AA contracts. The season is upon us folks. Can't believe our Blue Jays are starting favorites.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Sorry if I'm hijacking, but I'm a baseball/jays fanatic too, and I'm trying to get an RR fantasy baseball league going. Minimal commitment, just draft and watch your team's stats. Looking like rotisserie format which is low maintenance and fun to play.

Post in Raptors Republic Fantasy Forum to get sent an invite.

Thanks, drizz

Comment

• Jays sent Romero to Dunedin, looks like Happ will get the nod as the #5 starter. less than a week till opening night!

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    Jays sent Romero to Dunedin, looks like Happ will get the nod as the #5 starter. less than a week till opening night!
                    Makes sense. Best for the Jays, Happ and most importantly Ricky.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• And Happ gets a 2-year extension too! Damn, that all happened quick. Haha I'm happy for J.A. though. I'd much rather have him holding down the end of the rotation than Ricky at this point.

One should also keep in mind, that getting optioned was the best thing to ever happen to Roy Halladay. This could be the start of a good thing for Ricky. He needed a good kick in the ass.

Comment

• I hope you guys are right. Morrow can be shaky at times,so, I hope Happ is able to hold down the 4th spot..

Comment

• Ricky was my favorite Jay, I really hope he turns it around.. Like I told my friend, miss USA gotta withhold sex, she's a Jays fan, she knows what's in the best interest of the team. I'm not worried about Morrow though, I liked what I saw from him in spring training. Kinda concerned about our pen though, Santos, Rogers, Cecil and Jeffress are all question marks. I like Jannsen, Oliver, Loup, and Delabar.. If Cecil and Jeffress don't perform, out of options or not, they're gone, so I hope no one gets too attached.

On a side note, I noticed no one mentioned David Cooper. I'm disappointed about the injury and his release. It's possibly career threatening, otherwise there's no way he would have got released.. I liked the guy, I think he's a good hitter. You can still drive in runs hitting into the gap, doesn't always have to be home runs. He was definitely a good back up if EE or Lind went down, a good depth guy, but I wish him luck. He wasn't getting payed much so idk why they didn't keep him around.. They just dumped his ass, but I guess he's no McGowan.. Even though McGowan always got big league money even while injured.

Comment

• That was one hell of an Opening Ceremony. Super Pumped for this Season.
                            I've got tickets for the game this Saturday. 1st Game back for John Farrell, so it should be extra rowdy.

Comment

• Three Passed Balls already by Arencebia .. hope this doesn't turn into a problem.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Three Passed Balls already by Arencebia .. hope this doesn't turn into a problem.
                                Blanco might get more playing time than expected

Comment

Working...
                                X